• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

NASA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/18
Am I too understand this right that the Zzf v2s uses the inferior SA3135 movement that noob uses?

yakuuu

Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
ZZF uses the VR3135, which is currently the best rep 3135 movement.
Not sure about noob, but aren't they supposed to use the same now?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Wouldn’t bother zzf hands are good. Nice gen like curvature.

ARF hands are nice but lume colour is off. It won’t match
5c0f708f5a4d6190ccab5738ebc9d1a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t know about the lime mismatch, good to know, thanks bud.

i agree, the hands are not bad, only the second hand looks flat compared to my gens.

guess there’s not a lot of point in buying the ARF only for a bezel

NASA

12/4/18
Anybody know if the crown tube hole is recessed to accept gen crown tube without milling?

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
So after the very good and then not so good zzf v2s compare to the other two here the arf V3 and noob v10
Which one finally will be the closest to genuine for the hulk?
most people on the forum say about the no date sub that the zzf is the best, but to me comparing to the genuine in hand with the noob v10
i prefer noob v10 way better than the zzf in look and feel not sure about the movements.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
People have their own opinion, which one is the best is depend who will accept the flaw of the product. After u read all 177 pages, im sure u will have your own opinion and what flaw that u can live with. Goodluck n enjoy your choose, mate...

Reactions: Lucal

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Out the box, I would still say ZZF. Slap a gen crystal and an ARF clasp on, and you got yourself a damn fine watch

Reactions: leo6929

Salman

2/12/19
Out the box, I would still say ZZF. Slap a gen crystal and an ARF clasp on, and you got yourself a damn fine watch

i would like to have this if anyone wants to sale his watch :D

Ernesteka

Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Just received my V2S Hulk yesterday and it is a pretty nice watch.

Only bummer is indeed the clasp, but well it does what it should do: Keeping the bracelet closed and the watch on your wrist. Will buy ARF next month for sure.

The crystal is ...ok I think. But I got a Prof one on the way none the less.

fca77c4587632b9800124613b73ac6b4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Just received my V2S Hulk yesterday and it is a pretty nice watch.

Only bummer is indeed the clasp, but well it does what it should do: Keeping the bracelet closed and the watch on your wrist. Will buy ARF next month for sure.

The crystal is ...ok I think. But I got a Prof one on the way none the less.

fca77c4587632b9800124613b73ac6b4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

This dial shows really nice black and green at the same time..looks like zzf have bad and good one dials

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.

so zzf it is, that's what i also was thinking after reading most pages, only i was not sure because around the 60 to the 100 pages some people was not happy with the QC photos noticing some problems, i guess they are coming in different batches.
the clasp is the last think i can worry about, what about the crystal what is the improvement of changing it and what is the cost, from reading here i am not very clear what exactly improved but also by doing that i read pearl deeply scratched or bezel messed up, or misaligned cyclop by a watchsmith can happen when changing the crystal.
if it really improves the sunburst and the darkener the inside and makes them close to genuine it may be worth it.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
so zzf it is, that's what i also was thinking after reading most pages, only i was not sure because around the 60 to the 100 pages some people was not happy with the QC photos noticing some problems, i guess they are coming in different batches.
the clasp is the last think i can worry about, what about the crystal what is the improvement of changing it and what is the cost, from reading here i am not very clear what exactly improved but also by doing that i read pearl deeply scratched or bezel messed up, or misaligned cyclop by a watchsmith can happen when changing the crystal.
if it really improves the sunburst and the darkener the inside and makes them close to genuine it may be worth it.

To be honest, you are not gonna see a big difference. I have a collection of Gen Rolex sport watches, so im changing mine because of my OCD :) And i can do it myself. A gen crystal is from 400-500 USD.

IMO if you dont have a gen Rolex cyclops in daily rotation with this one, save the money. For me the clasp was more important, but again, i have gens to compare it to.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
So guys, i just spent the last 3 hours installing a gen crystal. Since this was my first time, i took everything VERY slow, i wanted it to sit perfectly so i did not have to redo it :)

To be honest, it wasn't that difficult, but you gotta have steady hands, and patience... Not normally my strong suit :) While i was at it, i greased the gasket and rubber rings with silicone to waterproof it. I have a 6 atm tester coming next week.

This is my second v2s, i wanted a dial without the X flaw.

Originally i thought the ZZf crystal was pretty good compared to my gen, i could however see that i missed the propper black hole effect, and it under magnified the date a bit. I'm REALLY surprised how much a difference the gen crystal makes. The date is now absolutely perfect, and i see no point in a gen datewheel.

The dial really comes alive with a gen crystal, the display of black and green at the same time is there. It's really hard to capture it on photos, but trust me you will notice in real life. It's like the ZZF gives the dial a dull milky overlay.

Now we just need a case with a correct serial rehault.

As mentioned before, the watch is also modded with an ARF clasp :)

Here is a couple of evening shots, pictures really doesn't do it justice...
4Sa18.jpg
4SiMK.jpg
4SWHR.jpg

Last edited:

Salman

2/12/19
So guys, i just spent the last 3 hours installing a gen crystal. Since this was my first time, i took everything VERY slow, i wanted it to sit perfectly so i did not have to redo it :)

To be honest, it wasn't that difficult, but you gotta have steady hands, and patience... Not normally my strong suit :) While i was at it, i greased the gasket and rubber rings with silicone to waterproof it. I have a 6 atm tester coming next week.

This is my second v2s, i wanted a dial without the X flaw.

Originally i thought the ZZf crystal was pretty good compared to my gen, i could however see that i missed the propper black hole effect, and it under magnified the date a bit. I'm REALLY surprised how much a difference the gen crystal makes. The date is now absolutely perfect, and i see no point in a gen datewheel.

The dial really comes alive with a gen crystal, the display of black and green at the same time is there. It's really hard to capture it on photos, but trust me you will notice in real life. It's like the ZZF gives the dial a dull milky overlay.

Now we just need a case with a correct serial rehault.

As mentioned before, the watch is also modded with an ARF clasp :)

Here is a couple of evening shots, pictures really doesn't do it justice...
4Sa18.jpg
4SiMK.jpg
4SWHR.jpg

have mercy ????

Sent from the RWI App

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Good work! Makes the hands look better.

Con is it exposes the top edge of the rehaut more

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
I don’t really see that as a con, my gens looks exactly the same

they show just as much top rehaut? I thought the top of rehaut on gens is obscured more by the edge of crystal..

Would love to see a comparison same angle and lighting as one of your gens