• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
My tracking is still the same in China after 14 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Battle of the hulks:

ZZF v2s (left) vs modded ARf (middle)

0b6093c6786302d2b4db4974e49b93bc.plist

Notice how ARF insert (middle) is practically the same colour as the ZZF insert, allowing for right to left natural light direction. Pic is not edited.

The arf (middle) has gen crystal and CF dial. The gen crystal makes the dial pop. Hard to appreciate in pics.

Reactions: Hazing

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
All reps have flaws, but that's the beauty of it. It allows each of us to make our own decision with regards to which flaws we can live with and which we can't. For me, I agree with others that say the crown guards are a dead giveaway on the ZZF. And as far as the bracelet goes, many have reported that they are changing to an ARF as the bracelet just isn't as good as quality as the ARF. Don't get me wrong, the ZZF is a great rep with a great dial and insert. I just can't get past the crown guards.

Oh I agree with you, the bracelet is not as good quality as the ARF, and the clasp is garbage. But, my point was, the SEL’s are perfect, I’m comparing with my gen 116610ln, and I switched the gen bracelet over to the zzf, no difference! Maybe is was lucky, we all know that there are variety in quality between batches. As for the CG, well, when the watch is upside down on the table, I can’t spot the gen from the zzf, based on the CG alone. Maybe it’s just me, or maybe I was lucky again. But calling it a dead giveaway is IMO a bit dramatic ;) my biggest problem with this watch is the serial flaw in the rehault.... that, I can’t get past :)

Reactions: masterpiece777

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Quick review :)

I've had/used the watch for 2 days. I got it from Li jtimewatch in 5 days with DHL shipping. IMO the best TD here.

I have been compering the watch with my gen 116610LN from 2020, not just the look, but also the feel. I don't own an 116610LV, but have seen plenty in the flesh :)

Looks 8/10.
1. The insert with platinum, the pearl, size/debt of the numbers/markers. Everything is spot on, the color imo is beautiful, and with all the changes the gen insert is capable of, noone is gonna spot the difference.
2. The brushed parts is a TINY bit more shiny than gen, but i'm thinking it will dull down after a couple of weeks of use, either way, its nothing that would indicate that its not gen.
3. The CG... to be honest, i don't see a difference from this one to my gen, maybe my eyes are old, maybe i got a good one, or maybe, just maybe people are over obsessed over the CG shapes :)
4. Case/Lugs... The shape is spot on, absolutely perfect angles.
5. Dial/hands, well i'm no expert on this dial, but the markers, the "luster" of the "white gold" or whatever they used is really spot on, i see no difference in shape or color compared to my gen. The green dial, looks amazing, you have to have a gen LV dial next to it, to really compare. But imo, nobody is gonna call you on it :) I got one with the faulty X in Rolex, and once you see it, you can't unsee it :) But to be honest, it's not a big deal. The hands, well with the naked eye, i see no difference from my gen. Lume color is spot on as well.
6. Rehault has a nice shine to it, like gen. But that serial number flaw... Yeah, that's the reason why i'm not keeping this watch :) If they manage to fix that, and not fuck anything else up, we got a winner here.
7. Crystal, sits like gen, has a pretty good Black Hole effect, and is surprisingly good. I do see a slight under magnification, so the numbers on the date wheel look a tiny bit smaller than my gen. Imo, if you put a gen crystal on, the date wheel would be perfect, and i see no reason to change that.
8. Bracelet looks good, endlinks are spot on. Spring Bars are good. Clasp, straight in the garbage, it looks like the crap Noob puts out.

Feel 6/10
1. Rotating bezel is VERY tight and takes a lot more force to turn compared to gen. The click sound is a bit louder, and the teeth is a tiny bit bigger than gen. Looks good, feels bad :(
2. The crown feels very flimsy and weak, when you set the time/date and feels VERY rough when you wind the watch. Feels like it can break at any moment.
3. Bracelet feels a bit more rough on the edges, and has a bit more play than gen, but overall, not bad. If i had to, i could live with it.
4. Clasp, feels cheap, glidelock is crap, sharp edges. Nothing positive here.
5. Weight, 100% like gen (Weight with 3 links off)

Overall i'm pretty impressed with this watch, visually it's very good! If you don't own a gen that you use in rotation, you are probably not gonna notice anything wrong.

What would i change/mod? Well, i hope first of, that they fix the rehault serial flaw, that really irritates me. Looks like they already fixed the X on the dial on the new batch. Other then that, i've ordered an ARF bracelet/clasp, imo that's an absolute must! And at some point, i want to change the crystal to gen, to see how the date wheel looks. Other then that, maybe change the bezel, and a service is probably not a bad idea if your planning on keeping this watch for a while :)

In regards to the talk about the CG being an easy tell i decided to do some side by side shots with my 116610LN, and honestly, i cant tell the difference. IMO its 100% not a tell on the wrist :)

shortlegs

31/5/19
If you cannot see the difference in CG shape, you need to look harder, ha..

I love the rep, I have 3. But the X (which is hopefully fixed) and the CGs are the easiest tells while the watch is on the wrist. Rehaut much less so, due to the angle, unless someone hands you the watch so you can tilt it to check the rehaut. Sels are rather hit and miss. Of my 3 ZZFs, I had a really good one, an ok one, and a bad one.

Of course, that's being really nitpicky, but that's what we do here right? Most people not in the rep community will be cluless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tete

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
If you cannot see the difference in CG shape, you need to look harder, ha..

I love the rep, I have 3. But the X (which is hopefully fixed) and the CGs are the easiest tells while the watch is on the wrist. Rehaut much less so, due to the angle, unless someone hands you the watch so you can tilt it to check the rehaut. Sels are rather hit and miss. Of my 3 ZZFs, I had a really good one, an ok one, and a bad one.

Of course, that's being really nitpicky, but that's what we do here right? Most people not in the rep community will be cluless.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I don’t see it, one less thing to obsess about :)

just fix the damn rehault, give me a gen Crystal to slap on, and I’m happy

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Guys i need help please.. my parcel is on hold at customs and it says that reason is missing reciept... what should i do now?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The cg and lugs will be hopefully fixed soon.if they can sort the lug shape and cg and fix the rehaut 5 didget serial flaw the zzf would be an insane watch end of

And zzf if you guys dont know how to change the cg profile just copy the noob v10 cg.as for the lugs add more curve and make the lug tips more angled instead of flat I know you lot have access to a gen 116610 you need to use a 3d model and print a case again it's not hard to make a mould from a gen mid case.also make a point of being sure all watches have recessed sel.its not difficult and I know for a fact you guys do read this forum amd take into account what I say about flaws so fix these details asap .

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Battle of the hulks:

Notice how ARF insert (middle) is practically the same colour as the ZZF insert, allowing for right to left natural light direction. Pic is not edited.

The arf (middle) has gen crystal and CF dial. The gen crystal makes the dial pop. Hard to appreciate in pics.

The zzf aka clean v3 insert is way more juicy and vibrant green

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Battle of the hulks:

The zzf aka clean v3 insert is way more juicy and vibrant green than that arf

Reactions: recan1ze

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Hi guys, i have question, if i bought 2 watches, zzf n arf. Can i switch the part with both watches?
i want to use crown ARF, body ARF, bracelet ARF, and the rest from ZZF. Is there any problem if i want to do this mod?
thanks in advance for your advice .

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Hi guys, i have question, if i bought 2 watches, zzf n arf. Can i switch the part with both watches?
i want to use crown ARF, body ARF, bracelet ARF, and the rest from ZZF. Is there any problem if i want to do this mod?
thanks in advance for your advice .

Yes you can and dont forget arf crystal and bezel assembly. From zzf use only movement, insert and dial.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Battle of the hulks:

That ZZF insert really does look good. The difference is subtle but significant. They’ve come a long long way.

I’m insanely curious and would love to know how many ZZF makes and sells per month/per year/ships per country.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
The zzf aka clean v3 insert is way more juicy and vibrant green than that arf

Yes cf/ZZF insert is better but in real life this particular ARF batch is VERY close. Almost identical colour. I am not taking about the difference in zoomed pictures but the difference in real life. Old ARF insert was bad. Latest batch ARF insert is just as juicy IMO.

Anyway thought it would be interesting to share.

Left (ZZF insert) vs right (ARF insert).
3c264cef136cb620ff850846805d0299.jpg

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Yes cf/ZZF insert is better but in real life this particular ARF batch is VERY close. Almost identical colour. I am not taking about the difference in zoomed pictures but the difference in real life. Old ARF insert was bad. Latest batch ARF insert is just as juicy IMO.

Anyway thought it would be interesting to share.

Left (ZZF insert) vs right (ARF insert).
3c264cef136cb620ff850846805d0299.jpg

When did ARF improved 6&9 markers????