• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Show me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has been several post with QC pics if you read back, and KJ2020 even took the time to piece them together in a pic.

do you need me to hold your hand while you scroll back?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Wonder no one in the community noticed that Sead updated his EU stock list yesterday. There's one V2S sitting in UK up for grabs right away for someone quick without the costly and lengthy triangle shipping from China.

I have the QC pics from him as well it's the one with the lower case c4r clasp code and X not fixed in Rolex.

Good luck to the quickest :)

Reactions: moopsy and KJ2020

GreenGrocer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/10
He must be having multiple pieces listed under one line item as I grabbed one of the same just late last week

Reactions: KJ2020

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Yes it is dial is genlike except on very strong lights like sunlight or flashlight

Can we just spare a moment to spectate how good this watch really is. I mean come on ???? it’s amazing how far we have come the past few years

Reactions: stufuse and d3s19n

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Not when you live in Hong Kong :) There are tons of shops here that work on reps. We also have a ton of awesome seiko modders. just need to find a good source for the gen parts for the hulk.

Really?? Where?? Mate. Can you share some info?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Guys, a question to you all.
it’s it worth us stocking some of the CF v3 insert? Is this something that people want? Bare in mind CF have put a hefty price tag on it and they will sell for 200usd +shipping.

Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Guys, a question to you all.
it’s it worth us stocking some of the CF v3 insert? Is this something that people want? Bare in mind CF have put a hefty price tag on it and they will sell for 200usd +shipping.

Let us know.

No not untill.they fix the pearl colour

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Wonder no one in the community noticed that Sead updated his EU stock list yesterday. There's one V2S sitting in UK up for grabs right away for someone quick without the costly and lengthy triangle shipping from China.

I have the QC pics from him as well it's the one with the lower case c4r clasp code and X not fixed in Rolex.

Good luck to the quickest :)

Hey bro! Out of curiosity, why not keep the ZZF?

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
That pic looks awesome at this point I could care less about the side by side versus gen. I’m just looking forward for when mine arrives.

Reactions: outerbolt

Lucal

Known Member
10/6/18
That pic looks awesome at this point I could care less about the side by side versus gen. I’m just looking forward for when mine arrives.

The difference with gen seems to be the shade of green under sunlight that is thinner on the zzf. But as you can see colors are good even in sunlight. Bezel bright green with dial black and a little green at the same time.. love the fact that under certain light conditions it looks like a 6 digit kermit

Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Guys, we will say this. Having a gen xtal installed makes a difference to how the dial looks.

It appears a little dull and less dynamic under the milky rep xtal. compared to how they look under no xtal (we had some here for parts)

One of us just had an ARF franken built with CF dial, gen hands, gen DW with Gen xtal and the dial ( to our eyes) looks considerably different under the gen xtal.

This is the first rep we’ve ever seen where we would say gen hands are not really worth it. The zzf hands are impressive.

Last edited:

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Guys, we will say this. Having a gen xtal installed makes a difference to how the dial looks.

It appears a little dull and less dynamic under the milky rep xtal. compared to how they look under no xtal (we had some here for parts)

One of us just had an ARF franken built with CF dial, gen hands, gen DW with Gen xtal and the dial ( to our eyes) looks considerably different under the gen xtal.

This is the first rep we’ve ever seen where we would say gen hands are not really worth it. The zzf hands are impressive.

Great to hear about the hands looking good under gen xtal!

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Yes the hands are good, but flat... Instant tell for me atleast.

mraccountant

Known Member
6/1/19
My zzf v2s is from the watchmaker to mount the gen crystal. As soon as I pick it up I will post some photos!

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Yes the hands are good, but flat... Instant tell for me atleast.

They certainly aren’t flat.

We have a thing about hands here. like I said this is the first rep other than (ARF which has nice shape but has brilliant white lume) that the hands are definitely nice enough to not warrant the £300 for a gen set.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Mr Heuristics

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
They certainly aren’t flat.

We have a thing about hands here. like I said this is the first rep other than (ARF which has nice shape but has brilliant white lume) that the hands are definitely nice enough to not warrant the £300 for a gen set.

Sent from the RWI App

My zzf nodate is flat, no 3d look... Different on this model?