• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
I have a feeling it's going to be just like the Clean ceramic bezel for the Daytona. In the QC pics, a lot of people noted that the engravings look a bit deeper than arf and gen. However, it turned out great IRL.

Pulling the trigger on one soon too.

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Did anyone get their Tracking Number on monday? Mine is still not working. Last time with my Daytona it was faster.

Li told me that the warehouse is overloaded, so it will take a bit more for the traking to work

Reactions: xxBlack

Kismet001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/19
Might pull the trigger as I´m looking forward to see how it compares to my gen 2016 . I was really amazed by the quality LN v2

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
i'm just wondering what tf ZZF/Clean is doing with their insert. They did a perfect insert for their v2s prototype, just look at smoke's prototype insert. It's so damn perfect.
It's really really bad imo. ARF also have tendency to make too deep markers and can easily be spotted irl imo.

They seriously need to work on that.

Same goes for short CGs, poor rehaut (incl. serial), clasp, bezel, dial and hands. (just writing this in case of "the gods" is lurking the comments, so they can improve in their v3).

But as we know, they won't improve anything. A perfect rep is bad business for them and they are giving us too deep engravings so we all buy their v3 once released.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Ok guys I just received my QCs.
Overall the watch looks gorgeous : everything pretty much aligned, acceptable rehaut engravings (to me at least), DW centered and acceptable font size, SELs look ok. The insert engravings, they do look a bit bigger than gen, but I think the sputter coated walls add to the thickening effect on pictures, I'll see once it's on my wrist IRL. All in all, it's a good check for me, and unless I missed something I'm going to accept this watch.

For your information, my only concern is the way the insert sits in the bezel. From front pics it's ok, but once at an angle it looks like there's quite a gap between insert and crystal. For comparison I put here 2 pics of my QC and one of a gen found on the web. I don't forget it's stil a rep and won't be a gen, but I hope it's a matter of angle on the picture and that it won't be a flaw in itself.

Comments welcome.

6XBGW.jpg

6XlAS.jpg

6Xp8Q.jpg

Last edited:

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Overall the watch looks gorgeous : everything pretty much aligned, acceptable rehaut engravings (to me at least), DW centered and acceptable font size, SELs look ok. The insert engravings, they do look a bit bigger than gen, but I think the sputter coated walls add to the thickening effect on pictures, I'll see once it's on my wrist IRL. All in all, it's a good check for me, and unless I missed something I'm going to accept this watch.

For your information, my only concern is the way the insert sits in the bezel. From front pics it's ok, but once at an angle it looks like there's quite a gap between insert and crystal. For comparison I put here 2 pics of my QC and one of a gen found on the web. I don't forget it's stil a rep and won't be a gen, but I hope it's a matter of angle on the picture and that it won't be a flaw in itself.

Comments welcome.

6XBGW.jpg

6XlAS.jpg

6Xp8Q.jpg

The gap is fine and looks the same as the gen.

Gz on your QC

Reactions: mrsullivan

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
I went back and examined LI's insert pics in the first post of this thread more closely and you can clearly see that the marker cutouts for the numerals are slightly deeper and thicker than the gen. The bar cutouts at 5,15,30, etc do not look thicker to me, nor do the mini-bar cutouts for single minutes. But on the numerals, the 1 looks thicker, and the thickness is really apparent if you look at the size of the green rectangles inside all of the zeroes. It's not off that much, but the extra depth and thickness that smoke saw indeed indicates it's noticeable to the eye and once we see it we can't unsee it. I'm hoping it will be like the ARF LN GMT insert which is also too deep but looks quite good on the wrist anyway. I won't ever be putting mine next to a gen. Pics credit to Li jtimewatch

I agree that slightly thicker is better than thinner. And anyone whose ever had a Spongebob mod knows that the way he chamfers the top of the cutout walls where they join the insert flats makes the markers look slightly thicker all the way around. So I believe this will be OK, for most of us.

Like said, its more how the engravings catches the light. Even the CF Daytona bezel in Lightbox shows the engravings too deep but IRL it looks absolutely fine and closest to Gen.
Same would be the case with V2s bezel imho as in many angled pics the markers look perfectly fine. So, we all would be golden if the V2s insert has the color like smoke mentioned and the markers IRL should look fine. cheers!!!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Insert V2 has too thin engravings...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

Comments welcome.

6XBGW.jpg

6XlAS.jpg

6Xp8Q.jpg

Cg look alot more like the older v2 in this example still needs a little flare on the crown guard tips though so the only change on this v2s looks to be the insert numbers.showing a pic of the gen at an angle in certain light is not really how the gen looks all the time.the gen numbers inside edges are cut at a certain angle chamfered.like someone earlier mention sponge bob cuts the numbers a bit like gen.but from a face on shot its clear the numbers are a big step back on this insert from cf .the numbers look a bit like the old bp.but other than that it looks good nice green colour.and the watch looks nice

Ps that pic is from a guy I know on ig This is a 2013 hulk

Ps that gap around the insert is correct and normal

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Thank you guys for clearing things up, the color does look great and I'll see what the insert number's depth renders on the wrist.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Gillidk

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/12/18
Denmark
I think its more because they used another engraving paint, so it looks a little different on pictures... should look pretty good in natural light and irl

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
i'm just wondering what tf ZZF/Clean is doing with their insert. They did a perfect insert for their v2s prototype, just look at smoke's prototype insert. It's so damn perfect.
It's really really bad imo. ARF also have tendency to make too deep markers and can easily be spotted irl imo.

They seriously need to work on that.

Same goes for short CGs, poor rehaut (incl. serial), clasp, bezel, dial and hands. (just writing this in case of "the gods" is lurking the comments, so they can improve in their v3).

But as we know, they won't improve anything. A perfect rep is bad business for them and they are giving us too deep engravings so we all buy their v3 once released.

...this will be OK, for most of us.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
I think its more because they used another engraving paint, so it looks a little different on pictures... should look pretty good in natural light and irl

"Engraving paint".

Since when did they start to use paint in stead of platinum?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
"Engraving paint".

Since when did they start to use paint in stead of platinum?

I don't think they use real platinum in the reps :D:D Its sputter coating using a "platinum like" material...but I maybe wrong.