• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The ARF and ZZF are both great reps and both have some flaws. We can fix some and must live with others.

For me, the lugs on ARF Subs have always been a dealbreaker. They are fatter, have a different side angle and a flatter tip angle, all of which give it the "boxy" look people always talk about. You can see it in the pics below. Maybe someday ARF will fix this, their GMT case is not like this and is beautiful. Until then, ZZF gets my vote. I ordered one today.

6apGn.jpg

6aPL3.jpg

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Ordered V2S as well from Li, waiting for my QC pics ;)

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
The ARF and ZZF are both great reps and both have some flaws. We can fix some and must live with others.

For me, the lugs on ARF Subs have always been a dealbreaker. They are fatter, have a different side angle and a flatter tip angle, all of which give it the "boxy" look people always talk about. You can see it in the pics below. Maybe someday ARF will fix this, their GMT case is not like this and is beautiful. Until then, ZZF gets my vote. I ordered one today.

6apGn.jpg

6aPL3.jpg

Nice so even the case in ZZF is actually better...still a nice rep the ARF v3 of course
Think I'll go for this V2S with maybe a spare bracelet ARF, maybe

Reactions: KJ2020

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
ZZF and ARF seem to have given us two great Hulk reps here, I can't wait to see a good modder building one with a mix of the best parts from each factory.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Heuristics

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
KJ2020

You can bearly see 'boxy' on someones wrist, even with gen on the sideline. ZZF have wrong CG's and serialnumber wich is more a giveaway for a rep. IMO two good watches ofc:essen:

Reactions: masterpiece777

andrewmb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/19
Today I received my Clean Bezel v2s, the most expensive one...

Here is my gen hulk and cfv2s side by side

Is it possible to get the CF insert (I think it's V3) separately? I thought I had read earlier I the thread that Li said he wasn't going to be selling them separately. I'd consider adding it to my ZZF V2 if I could.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Also from the looks of it, the depth of the rehaut is not as deep as the gen. It’s slightly shallower than the gen. Anyone else see this?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Also from the looks of it, the depth of the rehaut is not as deep as the gen. It’s slightly shallower than the gen. Anyone else see this?

First of all look how shiny is the gen rehaut, no rep can match that. Still is hardly visible on the wrist

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I find it quite interesting when people are ready to commit to a model just by seeing TD/internet pics. Wish folks would have waited a bit until smoke got a chance to review it. Good luck to all the potential v2s buyers ;)

QUOTE=srhoque;n8729739]Let’s reserve judgement until smoke gets it in hand and is able to do a comparison ;)

[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying you’re doing this but I find it interesting when people can’t form their own opinion but instead need smoke to tell them what to think. And then their own opinion mimics smokes to the tee.

It is interesting to see someone be in the “oh my god, this is the best version I have ever seen” group. And then smoke reviews it and says “it’s great. Some of the flaws are (random example) the lugs are slightly off and the lume color is the slightest shade off from gen.”

Then those aformentioned members change change their tune to “this version is terrible. I can’t even stand to look at it with those lugs and that lume color”.

I understand using the forums collective knowledge to analyze a model but some people’s reliance on smokes opinion over their own eyes boggles the mind. Especially when people thinks it looks good one day - or they hold off on developing an opinion at all while they wait for someone else to form their opinion for them. Lol.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020

You can bearly see 'boxy' on someones wrist, even with gen on the sideline. ZZF have wrong CG's and serialnumber wich is more a giveaway for a rep. IMO two good watches ofc:essen:

Yeah, we all have flaws we can live with and that will steer our choices. Despite having put the comparison below together before buying a Bluesy, I bought a JF anyway and never got over the boxy look (Bell and Ross, anyone?). It was all I saw every time I looked at it. My eyes went straight to it - the straight line across the top and bottom, ugh.

The serial number is a non-issue for me, so what if there's a double X? Even If it was at the top of the rehaut I doubt it would bother me, but I'll never see that or think about it again. Same with the CG's. You have to contort your arm uncomfortably to ever see it, and it's a negligible outer angle difference to me.

Thankfully the flaws on these reps are small enough we can overlook them. Between these two, I think all of us should find an acceptable choice.

6oQi1.jpg

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
QUOTE=srhoque;n8729739]Let’s reserve judgement until smoke gets it in hand and is able to do a comparison ;)

I’m not saying you’re doing this but I find it interesting when people can’t form their own opinion but instead need smoke to tell them what to think. A
[/QUOTE]

Hey Mate - Fair points. I for one don't need smoke to make my final purchasing decision bur rather use his reviews as a positive reinforcement. In the end, a lot of members do read reviews before final ordering step (I don't see any issues with that). I am a v2 buyer and don't intend to buy a v2s. Smoke did mention that he will get a v2s thus making him one of many who would have both v2 and v2s versions. That's why I made my comment.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Reactions: diamant and KJ2020

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I can see in TD they sell just alone the bezel as “clean factory”. Is clean factory the same one as ZZF?

Can we see this in sunlight please? That would be great.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA
Also the angle of the rehaut is different as well. The gen being more steep or almost straight down whereas in the noob, the rehaut is angled and slightly woky.
remember to old days when a lot of rep subs had a woky rehaut and that was instant tell