• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona V3

Ekwity

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/20
Nunya
To Owners of this watch (or ppl who have seen it)

What you think? Worth the $700?
From what I’ve read , seen, it seems like they nailed it

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
i hope this doesnt turn into bash a noob , seems like hes just asking for opinions ....

Reactions: dewie1975

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
i hope this doesnt turn into bash a noob , seems like hes just asking for opinions ....

Yup. Just wondering what people think of it since it’s one of more expensive reps. Im already expecting a few bros who don’t have one to defecate on it

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
In my humble opinion, the SA4130 movement alone that Noob deployed for their Daytona is worth every penny. The cosmetics ... it's just noise. Go for it!

Last edited:

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Stock dial is crap. Shady printings, incorrect subdials thickness on most examples, generally bad QC when it comes to alignments. Please keep note those are all issues than can only be seen when you look at it close. Personally I couldn’t live with them, because once you’ve seen those defects you really can’t unsee them.
06a951e9491df845252f83a7a9c1eb3d.jpg

However the movement is top notch. Well worth the price itself. A slight mod makes this a damn good looking watch.

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
Hmm... Do you own other Daytona’s? What’s your favorite ?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

I changed my dial to ARF. Well worth every penny spent. Crisp printings, slim subdials, damn good polished markers.
422a3b99c4cf45dd2f4d47c376325a5e.jpg

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Lovely watches.

Both of my Noobs (a Franken and a Noob/ARF combo) are based on V2.2 and have been serviced, which gives me peace of mind as one of them died soon after arriving. But you don’t have to get them serviced, plenty of owners haven’t and theirs are running fine. Just be aware that a service on this movement will add another £160/$200 or thereabouts to the cost. So, this is “proper watch” money - but still, a fraction of the cost of gen. And the movement is so pretty I have display casebacks on mine so I can gaze lovingly at them whenever I want...

It’s a shame that the subdials (on the white dial version, at least) are back to being fatter than they ought to be. The V2.2 had the correct subdial size, but the wrong bezel font. V3 fixed the bezel issue but messed the subdials up again. But these are very small details and next to irrelevant in everyday wear.

wildrabbit

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/8/18

Weird - my comment is gone. Essentially, the watch is great (i've owned all three) and currently have a Noob with the ARF mods. It is definitely worth the $688 you will pay for the base before modding it. I posted a link to the Subsection which compares them in my previous post. Well worth the read - and it will help you make your decision - which is of course "buy the V2 or V3 Noob.

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Ok, my opinion is that V3 is an amazing watch. Leave the fact it is a really good rep, but think that you will have a chrono for less than 1000 USD.

Vitor747

14/1/19
Puerto Rico
Own a V3

If you are lucky you can get one without the fat subdials
I think the Bezel is OK havent got the upgrade to the CF Bezel
Mine is stock and has been rock solid since I got it
Have even gotten compliments from other watch enthusiasts out and about
Go for it its worth it
Lets be sincere ... no rep is flawless If you want flawless just go Gen

Cheers

252b0a3120e257f17d77c8e509c51d22.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

komali_2

Lovely watches.

Both of my Noobs (a Franken and a Noob/ARF combo) are based on V2.2 and have been serviced, which gives me peace of mind as one of them died soon after arriving. But you don’t have to get them serviced, plenty of owners haven’t and theirs are running fine. Just be aware that a service on this movement will add another £160/$200 or thereabouts to the cost. So, this is “proper watch” money - but still, a fraction of the cost of gen. And the movement is so pretty I have display casebacks on mine so I can gaze lovingly at them whenever I want...

It’s a shame that the subdials (on the white dial version, at least) are back to being fatter than they ought to be. The V2.2 had the correct subdial size, but the wrong bezel font. V3 fixed the bezel issue but messed the subdials up again. But these are very small details and next to irrelevant in everyday wear.

Where did you get a display caseback? I asked intime if they could just ship it with one and they said "it's impossible" lol. Why put all that work into a rep movement and not show it? One way or the other I wanna get a display caseback for this bad boy

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
You can get a display Caseback on Ebay. But consider one thing: Altough the SA4130 is an incerdibly good clone of the real 4130 and very nicely finished movement for Chinese Rep Standards it has one difference that makes it pretty easy to spot it as a clone for an educated watch lover. The Gen has a balance bridge with a free sprung balance (using Microstella screws) with just one adjustment arm. The Clone has a regulated balance with two adjustment arms. You have to decide if you want to risk that an expert, while holding your watch, can identify it as a rep.

Here is a picture to illustrate the difference. (The Rep is on the left)

However you can avoid this problem by investing in a real balance bridge.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You have to decide if you want to risk that an expert, while holding your watch, can identify it as a rep.
I don’t bump into many watch experts, so it’s not really likely in my case. But even if I did, I don’t know why I’d be attempting to fool them. I mean, it’d be fun seeing how expert they were when it comes to the minutiae of Rolex Daytona movement features. I doubt most gen owners would even notice.

Reactions: Vitor747

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
To be honest I do not think that anyone, except a Rolex experienced watchsmith or a seasoned sales person at an AD would ever notice. I know that many people here strive for perfection in their watches, so in my opinion the display caseback takes a little bit a way from the illusion by presenting a (probably non relevant and for most people unnoticable) flaw.

I agree with you that no one should try to fool people by claiming a rep is a gen watch, no matter how good it looks. This is dishonest behavior. But in my case I can say that I was never asked by anyone if my watches are real or not. But maybe with the job I have, the clothes I wear for work and the car I drive, most people think that I can afford these kind of watches. And if Rolex would not play this ridiculous waiting list game for a Steel Daytona I would never have come in contact with Replica watches.

Reactions: komali_2

alfonzo

25/7/19
I love my v3. I wish more parts were available to franken it cost effectively LMAO!

Can’t be beat for the money and like the others have said ~.000000001% of the population could call you out. None on the wrist I would argue.

Reactions: Vitor747

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Someone owning a real daytona would NEVER be able to tell a noob from a genuine Rolex. Never. Only serious Rolex collectors or watch smiths would notice... or people from replica watch forums haha. Our knowledge of comparisons rep to Gen is 100x that of a regular watch enthusiast because that’s all we talk about here.

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
To Owners of this watch (or ppl who have seen it)

What you think? Worth the $700?
From what I’ve read , seen, it seems like they nailed it

Short answer....yes go for it.

However in the long run you might want to change a few parts but all depends on personal preference.