• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Bracelet Coming Apart

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
8ff6a64f6ad6723b37c6694ce0e8f8c0.jpg

3f79a0f18283e1f7d9cfaa762d1560d3.jpg

One of my Noob Daytona bracelets is coming apart. It’s still holding a bit due to friction but it needs some kind of glue on specific places.

What kind of glue/material should I use to fix this? Or should I just throw it away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The permanent links on this oyster is pressure fitted (that's how the pins stay in place). You have to press both ends using a press tool.
If it is coming off, I think your pins may be damaged or it might have been improperly pressed in the first place. I haven't heard of any glue that can hold them, maybe other members have some experience.

alfonzo

25/7/19
2 part epoxy will hold that no problem. If the options are epoxy or a new one I would try the epoxy first. JB Weld or Devcon are they types I most commonly use. You can use a small vise or bench vise to press the pieces back together.

Reactions: KJ2020

Kan31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/19
8ff6a64f6ad6723b37c6694ce0e8f8c0.jpg

3f79a0f18283e1f7d9cfaa762d1560d3.jpg

One of my Noob Daytona bracelets is coming apart. It’s still holding a bit due to friction but it needs some kind of glue on specific places.

What kind of glue/material should I use to fix this? Or should I just throw it away?

Hi,

how do you fit stainless bracelet on 116519 that comes with rubber bracelet? Thanks and sorry fro off topic

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’ve solved this problem with superglue in the past.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
how do you fit stainless bracelet on 116519 that comes with rubber bracelet? Thanks and sorry fro off topic

This is a franken, based on an 116500 (bracelet) daytona, with gen 116519 dial and CF bezel installed.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Do not use glue. I tried that once and the bracelet was a little too tight on that link. Plus, it eventually wore down and the bracelet broke again. I’m just happy it didn’t fall off my arm.

Here is what I did to fix mine.
On both of the other links, there’s most likely parts of a pin in the small holes (all the links had holes. They just weld those shut). Remove the small pieces that’s in there. Find a spring bar that would be perfect for that width. You may need to sand the tube bc they are a very odd size. Not too thin and not too thick. The other parts have to be a good fit too or you’ll hear a rattle. You can look for a perfect fit but that will be a hard to find part. I have a entire box full of various sizes that I bought and none of them fit through the tube hole. It took a while but I was able to sand them down to fit. Sanded the shoulders of the spring bars to fit the little cut out holes on the outer links and I’m pretty sure you can figure out the next steps.

It’s close to impossible to get that back perfectly but the spring bar method worked for me. You can also buy a half bracelet off of eBay or Etsy. Those are not branded so they’re fairly cheap. I think I saw some for like $30 bucks for just the non removable links + SEL.

Good luck man. That is one thing you do not want to break while wearing.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Good luck man. That is one thing you do not want to break while wearing.

It already broke four times while wearing it haha. I was lucky and found the bars that were dropping on the floor. Anyway, thanks for the great response. Interesting to find out that the holes had those small pieces in there, I've been trying to "wedge" some replacement bars or headless screws in there and I was wondering why it doesn't seem to go all the way inside.

I'll try a few things but I guess it's time to buy a couple of ARF bracelets and try to find which fits best on this watch's SELs. The one ARF bracelet I have laying around from another daytona does not fit good.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I got a Noob v.2.2 bracelet that i never use. I switched mine with an AFR. Interested?

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Glue, Superglue, epoxy glue.

Really sticky boogers might even do it.

Haha

seems like the ARF and JF bracelets break in the same place also. I’ve had two JF bracelets with broken pins on that link.

Nate0624

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/16
Hey Gang,

does anyone know where I can acquire a replacement pin for a Noob V3 bracelet? Mine fell out.

Tt8GDSUm.jpg