• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I'm curious. How often do the top factories release a new version of their submariner reps?

chkMINUS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/20
I'm guessing this is the most attempted rep and I see a lot of versions (some on their 10th iteration). How often do they come out?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
No fixed frequency. Don't pay attention to the iteration. Just because Noob is V10 doesn't make it better than a ZZF v2 or ARF v3.

In the rep world, new iteration is more of a marketing gimmick. Just pick your current favorite and mod/Franken it to your liking. That's the only key to long term happiness :p

Reactions: KJ2020

chkMINUS

14/2/20
Ah so arfv3 isn't necessarily better than v2? Gets us buying more watches I guess.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Noob releases a new Sub when the new owner Mr. Zhen needs a new Brantley. Usually within 7-16 months intervals.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There won't be any new versions released anytime soon.

Reactions: srhoque

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Ah so arfv3 isn't necessarily better than v2? Gets us buying more watches I guess.
That happens too - sometimes there's a desirable earlier version because for some inexplicable reason the factory changes something that was perfect the last time and not so good in the latest version.

But generally, the current version of any model by each factory is what you need to compare and choose between - these will be the only ones you'll get from the TDs anyway.

As you get more knowledge, become more watch geeky and more of a PITA to live with, you can start to monitor the M2M sales threads for that elusive out-of-production special version, or... a Franken!

Reactions: KJ2020

chkMINUS

14/2/20
As you get more knowledge, become more watch geeky and more of a PITA to live with, you can start to monitor the M2M sales threads for that elusive out-of-production special version, or... a Franken!

Thanks for the info all. Yeah, already ordered a 39mm explorer but if I think it's too big I'll start looking for that 36 m2m.