• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Installing gen datewheel on arf 3135

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Having an issue installing a gen datewheel, fits fine but the date when it flips it is sitting low on the date window. Any ideas why this may be and how I can fix this?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I assume the date wheel is pretty much spot on how it sits on the movement. If not.check Dw teeth or mechanism..If ok..then..

Bend the feet of the dial . It’s a rep..and they are not perfectly made. I assume the holes to mount the dial is off a little. your dial is perfect though.. I know it’s a risky move..there’s Only two options...use a DWO or bend the dial feet just a tad. Hope this helps

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-onto-jf-sh3135-no-sanding-no-gen-part-needed

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
What movement - an SH3135 ?

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Check to make sure the yoke is fitted perfectly between the teeth. Some earlier models of SH3135s had horrible yokes that would either get jammed up or just not sit back in place correctly, making it sit oddly or jumping dates and getting stuck.

Make sure you got the correct datewheel too. There’s been recent sale of quite a few datejust 41 datewheels. I don’t think that would matter with vertical alignment but I’ve seen weirder things happen on reps so who knows?

I would def check the yoke and make sure it’s sitting right. Also make sure there’s clearance on the date plate. A lot of them needed to have the little tabs pushed up slightly to get vertical clearance. Some even sanded the datewheel. That is a odd thing too bc by looking at it, it looks like it has plenty of room but it just doesn’t click over at once. It would slowly start moving and then click to about a date and a half.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Thanks for all your help guys, i'll remove the dial again and check what you have suggested and report back.

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I had the same problem with my SH3135. Be VERY gentle when moving the tabs up. I ended breaking one and losing the jewels underneath

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
I assume the date wheel is pretty much spot on how it sits on the movement. If not.check Dw teeth or mechanism..If ok..then..

Bend the feet of the dial . It’s a rep..and they are not perfectly made. I assume the holes to mount the dial is off a little. your dial is perfect though.. I know it’s a risky move..there’s Only two options...use a DWO or bend the dial feet just a tad. Hope this helps

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-onto-jf-sh3135-no-sanding-no-gen-part-needed

Can't bring myself to bend the dial feet, took me a while to find the dial and they are pretty rare. i'm going to remove the date plate and check the spring and gears

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Can't bring myself to bend the dial feet, took me a while to find the dial and they are pretty rare. i'm going to remove the date plate and check the spring and gears

Yes, I wouldn’t do it yet until you check the installation of the datewheel. I pasted the link on how to do it. They drop in but because the gen Dw is thicker you will need to loosen those screws. I had assume you had done that already. If that doesn’t fix it and it is truly the alignment of the dial then you may have to do what I suggested.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Yes, I wouldn’t do it yet until you check the installation of the datewheel. I pasted the link on how to do it. They drop in but because the gen Dw is thicker you will need to loosen those screws. I had assume you had done that already. If that doesn’t fix it and it is truly the alignment of the dial then you may have to do what I suggested. Good luck

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
yes Sir, sh3135. thinking of picking up a vr3135 as this will be a watch i keep for a very long time.

Rolex DW's don't fit on SH3135's the Rolex DW's are larger in Diameter and thicker than the JF. Removing jewels doesn't work, loosening screws or prising up studs won't work in the long term either. You need to make the date wheel thinner by 0.2 mm and reeducethe diameter by 0.2 - 0.3 mm, that way the DW will fit and turn correctly.

Reactions: KJ2020

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Rolex DW's don't fit on SH3135's the Rolex DW's are larger in Diameter and thicker than the JF. Removing jewels doesn't work, loosening screws or prising up studs won't work in the long term either. You need to make the date wheel thinner by 0.2 mm and reeducethe diameter by 0.2 - 0.3 mm, that way the DW will fit and turn correctly.

will it fit the vr with no mods?

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
old aftermarket roulette datewheel fit..posted in error
OSFTR.jpg

Does look quite tight.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Date wheel's not centred - it's wedged under the jewel at 12 and also 5, a jewel sitting on it's own at 27, the tab at 25 is barely over the edge of the date wheel. Is the date finger at 9 between the teeth of the DW ? The pic is blurred, but it looks like the finger is partly under the DW.
Pull the finger back and gently centre and push the DW forward, then release the finger and advance the DW at the crown - it may be better, but really the DW needs to be reduced in dimensions, otherwise it's just going to keep sticking.

OSFTR.jpg

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
Note that you can also buy a gen date seating, around 100€ used, that should be a straight fit and let you use a gen dw without a problem ( it was at least in my case)

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Date wheel's not centred - it's wedged under the jewel at 12 and also 5, a jewel sitting on it's own at 27, the tab at 25 is barely over the edge of the date wheel. Is the date finger at 9 between the teeth of the DW ? The pic is blurred, but it looks like the finger is partly under the DW.
Pull the finger back and gently centre and push the DW forward, then release the finger and advance the DW at the crown - it may be better, but really the DW needs to be reduced in dimensions, otherwise it's just going to keep sticking.

OSFTR.jpg

That yoke in SH3135 is crap. It’s too wide. It’s fine for a rep datewheel which basically is a ETA style plate with a overlay glued on it. The yoke needs to be a little thinner to fit between the teeth on a gen datewheel. I had to buy a better yoke for mine. Much thinner laterally and fit perfectly between the teeth so it just snapped in to place when it changed dates.

SH3135s do fit and did fine on my JF dial. The only “mod” I did was gently push the tabs up prob less than half a mm but it fit with no issues and flipped perfectly centered with my gen datewheel. I guess I just lucked out bc I’ve seen other SH3135s with gen date wheels worth without any issues so it’s not all SH3135s. :shrug:

The only thing it didn’t center was my 16800 dial. That set the date slightly to the left but the dial wasn’t perfect either. Since my ARF datewheel sat to slightly to the right, I just used that for my build.

I tested the hell out of the gen datewheel on the JF16610 dial and they were centered for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My DW fit my JF sh3135 also with little mod also. So I don’t know?