• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Date Preferences ARF V3 or ZZF V2

mrsimba

Looking Around
22/8/14
Why are some people so retarded on this thread? Help the guy out or don't say anything at all. Why be rude and arrogant? You sad lads are sitting on the laptop dismissing someone from asking a questions.

Reactions: ALJY

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
I had all, but zzf version smells best,
In my opinion

noob < arf < zzf
But its only my opinion. No offense

I believe, if there will be in future versions like noob v11 and arf V4 and zzf V3 will be result same.

Last edited:

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Hey! I have heard that YZ subs are quite solid these days, maybe try this to start out and tell us about your experience.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Why are some people so retarded on this thread? Help the guy out or don't say anything at all. Why be rude and arrogant? You sad lads are sitting on the laptop dismissing someone from asking a questions.

Lol. Great first post. Why are you being so arrogant saying that senior members are being rude just because you don't understand how things work?

Let me show you the respect that you didn't show to others: the reason these kind of question is being looked badly is that that same exact question (who has the best submariner) is being ask by a different noob everyday. Instead of doing their due diligence, searching and reading the existing content, these people expect to be spoon fed. Letting this happen and going along with that kind of behaviour, and "nicely" giving answers would only end up in this forum being filled with useless and redundant content, even more so with senior and knowledgeable members getting fed up of the absence of good stuff. That's what happen on Reddit. Plus, the expectation that senior members should take the time to repeat the same thing over and over again is just disrespectful to them, as you're basically saying that your time is more important than theirs.

So when someone joins a community, the respectful thing to do is to try to understand how it works before posting messages like you own the place

That applies to OP and to you

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
Life must be hard, too many choices...

RBUDc.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: James2020

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

So help the guy out and offer your proclamation of what is the best sub.

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
Maybe somebody nice could spoon feed me just a little. Does changing insert on an arf v3 to clean factory or gen will create lume missmatch?

ALJY

Horology Curious
22/10/15
Lol. Great first post. Why are you being so arrogant saying that senior members are being rude just because you don't understand how things work?

Let me show you the respect that you didn't show to others: the reason these kind of question is being looked badly is that that same exact question (who has the best submariner) is being ask by a different noob everyday. Instead of doing their due diligence, searching and reading the existing content, these people expect to be spoon fed. Letting this happen and going along with that kind of behaviour, and "nicely" giving answers would only end up in this forum being filled with useless and redundant content, even more so with senior and knowledgeable members getting fed up of the absence of good stuff. That's what happen on Reddit. Plus, the expectation that senior members should take the time to repeat the same thing over and over again is just disrespectful to them, as you're basically saying that your time is more important than theirs.

So when someone joins a community, the respectful thing to do is to try to understand how it works before posting messages like you own the place

That applies to OP and to you

I get the redundant content part and I can see why its not ideal for the forum. However, maybe the reason these questions are asked is because the the stickies are outdated and there's nothing on the Rolex forums front page that point them where to go? As many of you have pointed out, this is a trending question since the beginning of time so why isn't there any clear cut help for it? Obviously it's because it's not an easy question to answer (even for senior members like you, all the more for newbies) and there is a need for constant discussion as the TDs are constantly stocking new versions. There is no sticky that consolidates such information so i'm not surprised this question is still being asked.

He's a newbie and even though i've been lurking for a long while, I do not consider myself an expert and I actually will appreciate the gesture if any senior members reply to these "noob" requests for other newbies and lurkers to get opinions. Yeah sure, the search function is an option - i've been using it all these while but to be honest its not exactly the most user friendly thing for a total newbie with the amount of extremist opinions & outdated info around.

Having expectations to get input from senior members is disrespectful? Get off your high horse, nobody is disrespecting you.
The reason there is a growing community in the first place is because some senior members in the past are nice enough to pass on their knowledge and experience back to the community and there is an expectation that current & future senior members will continue to do so.

And yes, actually its true we are all sad lads typing on our computers & buying china reps because we can't really afford gens without hurting our wallets :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mos009

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Having expectations to get input from senior members is disrespectful? Get off your high horse, nobody is disrespecting you.

The fact is the correct answer to the OP was provided courteously and immediately - here it is again:

There is no absolute best so only you can answer that question. Everybody else will have a different opinion

The forum is saturated with opinions, facts, and sometimes misinformation (just like every other forum). I don't understand why there is sometimes an expectation for more senior members to trawl through the forum and provide links to observations and evidence instead of the OP doing it.

Reactions: Tobel

Tobel

6/7/17
I see that you're trying but you're missing the points:

There is no sticky that consolidates such information so i'm not surprised this question is still being asked.

2 things on this point: 1) why would you expect that it is your or any member's due that someone else spends their time not only putting this information together but also keeping it up to date? Again the information on respective watches, pros and cons and how they compare between one another is available, it just needs reading in the threads to the respective factories and models. So your comment is a typical expectation of being spoon fed by someone doing a nice summary for you so you don't need to take the time.

Also, believe me, even when there's a very obvious and up to date sticky, most people still don't read it!

Furthermore, what you don't seem to understand is that there is no best sub/datejust/AP/Patek. There are just various models from various factories and only the buyer can decide what flaws they can live with or without. So reading the threads in details, not some summary that - because it's made by a human being is biased - is the best way for the buyer to purchase the watch that is best FOR THEM. No one else should make that call for them.

Final point on that topic, you make it sound like there is no other possible behavior or way to learn, that if you're new then you don't have a choice. That's just false. I, and a lot of other members, when we were newbies, never asked any such question. We just read a lot and before asking any question, we did our homework to show we respect the members and the content that is available here. So why is it that others can't do the same?

Having expectations to get input from senior members is disrespectful?

No it's not, and if you've checked my posts as well as posts from other members much more knowledgeable than me, you'll see that folks here are really here to help. What is disrespectful is the kind of behavior like "hey I'm new, I don't have time to search any information or leverage any existing material available on that forum, so I'm just gonna create a stupid thread and expect people with knowledge to spoon feed me with the answer, because I deserve it and because my time is more important than theirs".

If someone does their due diligence and comes up with questions on things that they still don't understand, everybody will be happy to help.

Get off your high horse, nobody is disrespecting you.

1) The very fact that you're saying "get off your high horse" without understanding the forum or having contributed to it in any way is is disrespectful
2) My message was answering a post saying "Why be rude and arrogant? You sad lads are sitting on the laptop dismissing someone from asking a questions" which is also disrespectful

Finally, nothing to do with the above argument but you're also wrong when you say "its true we are all sad lads typing on our computers & buying china reps because we can't really afford gens without hurting our wallets"

There's many members here with an incredible collection of gen, and I mean worth 100's of thousands of dollars (I'm not talking about me so no arrogance here). Everyone has their reason for being on this forum, and people with higher means are not better than people who can't afford a gen. Everyone with an interest in watches (rep or gen) is welcome here as long as they respect others and the forum itself. The reason I'm mentioning this is that your point is just another stereotype, just like your prior arguments.

ALJY

Horology Curious
22/10/15
I see that you're trying but you're missing the points:

2 things on this point: 1) why would you expect that it is your or any member's due that someone else spends their time not only putting this information together but also keeping it up to date? Again the information on respective watches, pros and cons and how they compare between one another is available, it just needs reading in the threads to the respective factories and models. So your comment is a typical expectation of being spoon fed by someone doing a nice summary for you so you don't need to take the time.

Also, believe me, even when there's a very obvious and up to date sticky, most people still don't read it!

Furthermore, what you don't seem to understand is that there is no best sub/datejust/AP/Patek. There are just various models from various factories and only the buyer can decide what flaws they can live with or without. So reading the threads in details, not some summary that - because it's made by a human being is biased - is the best way for the buyer to purchase the watch that is best FOR THEM. No one else should make that call for them.

Final point on that topic, you make it sound like there is no other possible behavior or way to learn, that if you're new then you don't have a choice. That's just false. I, and a lot of other members, when we were newbies, never asked any such question. We just read a lot and before asking any question, we did our homework to show we respect the members and the content that is available here. So why is it that others can't do the same?

Just like you, I prefer finding my own information as well. However, I'm sure some people need more help than others.
I guess spoon-feeding is one perspective. However, if information was better presented, wouldn't it be beneficial for old, new and future members alike to accelerate learning and minimise such questions that senior members hate?

Finally, nothing to do with the above argument but you're also wrong when you say "its true we are all sad lads typing on our computers & buying china reps because we can't really afford gens without hurting our wallets"

There's many members here with an incredible collection of gen, and I mean worth 100's of thousands of dollars (I'm not talking about me so no arrogance here). Everyone has their reason for being on this forum, and people with higher means are not better than people who can't afford a gen. Everyone with an interest in watches (rep or gen) is welcome here as long as they respect others and the forum itself. The reason I'm mentioning this is that your point is just another stereotype, just like your prior arguments.

Was meant to be a joke in response to mrsimba's comment. Apologies if I offended anyone in any way :)

The fact is the correct answer to the OP was provided courteously and immediately - here it is again:

The forum is saturated with opinions, facts, and sometimes misinformation (just like every other forum). I don't understand why there is sometimes an expectation for more senior members to trawl through the forum and provide links to observations and evidence instead of the OP doing it.

That answer is essentially useless to the OP and everyone who is reading it. I'm sure OP knows that there is no absolute best and he/she want to know what the community prefer as an out of the box piece from a TD and why as of this period.

Before we get too out of topic:

For example, a useful answer would be a brief summary on movement reliability, common flaws, general views etc. Of course you don't have to give a thesis on the "Best Submariner rep caa July 2020" but information like this should point OP to the right direction?

Last edited:

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
This is just like the other Turkish guy.

Its simple, look into the individual threads, find out what flaws you can live with, everyone has their own preferences. Some can live with a slightly off CG, case shape, lugs, SELs, etc. For some, those drives then insane, each factory has their own flaws, choose what you can live with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
That answer is essentially useless to the OP and everyone who is reading it. I'm sure OP knows that there is no absolute best and he/she want to know what the community prefer as an out of the box piece from a TD and why as of this period.

For example, a useful answer would be a brief summary on movement reliability, common flaws, general views etc. Of course you don't have to give a thesis on the "Best Submariner rep caa July 2020"
but information like this should point OP to the right direction?

What you're describing is the very definition of spoon feeding, and you're just considering that it is normal. I have spent a lot of time in my post above explaining to you why it is not, but you really don't seem to understand (did you even read it?). Despite having a solid contribution of 7 messages to this forum, you hold strong on your positions and keep lecturing people.

I strongly advise that you show a little more humility and consider that your perspective may be wrong

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Oh, I’m sorry. Well as you’ve been a member since 2015 I’m sure you can provide a better one....

Just like you, I prefer finding my own information as well.

So, lets hear it.... who has the best sub and why?

ALJY

Horology Curious
22/10/15
What you're describing is the very definition of spoon feeding, and you're just considering that it is normal. I have spent a lot of time in my post above explaining to you why it is not, but you really don't seem to understand (did you even read it?). Despite having a solid contribution of 7 messages to this forum, you hold strong on your positions and keep lecturing people.

I strongly advise that you show a little more humility and consider that your perspective may be wrong

So now you're saying that because I only have 7 posts, my opinion of suggesting that we should be nicer to people is invalid?

I never said that spoon-feeding is normal. I just suggested that such information could be useful to the community if properly consolidated. I'm not asking anybody to do it - just that it could be useful.

If the consensus is that the search button is perfect, I have nothing else to say and I stand corrected.

Oh, I’m sorry. Well as you’ve been a member since 2015 I’m sure you can provide a better one....

So, lets hear it.... who has the best sub and why?

He's a newbie and even though i've been lurking for a long while, I do not consider myself an expert and I actually will appreciate the gesture if any senior members reply to these "noob" requests for other newbies and lurkers to get opinions. Yeah sure, the search function is an option - i've been using it all these while but to be honest its not exactly the most user friendly thing for a total newbie with the amount of extremist opinions & outdated info around.

Clearly said my position here, what's with the personal attack?
Will try my best to be more active :)

Hey guys!
Again it's about the Submariner Date in black:

Which is currently the best OTB if you don't want to make changes and want to use it as a "Daily Driver"?

For simplification or coordination:
- 1. ARF V3 with A2824 movement
- 2. ZZF V2 with SA3135 movement

So which would you prefer OTB??

For me, movement reliability is the most important factor for me so I'd pick ARF v3 with A2824 movement if I had to pick one of the two.

I assume OTB means that you won't be sending the watch for servicing when it arrives. A2824 movements would be cheaper and easier to replace if anything goes wrong in the future. Do correct me if I'm wrong, out of the 3135 clones, reliability should be VR3135>SH3135>SA3135. Most people recommend that we should send it for cleaning/oiling ASAP to preserve these hard to replace movements. I guess if you're intending to replace the 3135 movement with gen parts eventually, you'd be better off with ZZF.

and also - I thought the ZZF v2 comes with VR3135?

Last edited: