• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Date Preferences ARF V3 or ZZF V2

PPVLG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/2/20
Hey guys!
Again it's about the Submariner Date in black:

Which is currently the best OTB if you don't want to make changes and want to use it as a "Daily Driver"?

For simplification or coordination:
- 1. ARF V3 with A2824 movement
- 2. ZZF V2 with SA3135 movement

So which would you prefer OTB??

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Please take the time read the threads about these 2 watches. There is no absolute best so only you can answer that question. Everybody else will have a different opinion

Reactions: razor92

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You forgot one.
3. Noob V10

You tell me what your conclusions are, having read extensively through the numerous and informative threads about these watches, and then I’ll tell you mine.

Reactions: DR Russell

PPVLG

7/2/20
I read a lot about the watches.
I am not an expert and it should be my first rep.
As far as I have read, the arf should be the most reliable with the a2824 movement and the bracelet far better than that of the zzf.
all in all, the arf would be a good compromise.

do you have the links to the threads two or three watches? i didn't find her in the woods here.
otherwise I found only the comparison of the V1 ZZF to the others.

I do not want to open a discussion with this thread about what is being discussed and tested about these watches, but just a brief opinion about which is currently preferred. please excuse.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Did you even read what was written above. Everyone has a different opinion about which is best so stop repeating that question.

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
I read a lot about the watches.
I am not an expert and it should be my first rep.
As far as I have read, the arf should be the most reliable with the a2824 movement and the bracelet far better than that of the zzf.
all in all, the arf would be a good compromise.

do you have the links to the threads two or three watches? i didn't find her in the woods here.
otherwise I found only the comparison of the V1 ZZF to the others.

I do not want to open a discussion with this thread about what is being discussed and tested about these watches, but just a brief opinion about which is currently preferred. please excuse.

You don’t need to be an expert, you just need to read the mounds of information on the forum that answers your question. There’s no right or wrong answer on which is the best sub it’s completely subjective to each person as the watches have their own different flaws, you need to pick which one you can live with.

Read the threads, research your watches compare them research again and make an informed adult decision on your own.

PPVLG

7/2/20
is it not allowed to ask in the forum for the opinion of others which sub you can currently buy? is this forbidden? I do not think so.
because my question is that there is a right to choose what to do, what to do.
I don't think this question is forbidden. stay calm too

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The question isn't forbidden, but it's an invitation for a massive, open-ended opinion-fest which would leave you no more well informed than you would be by doing as people suggest and reading the mass of info, pics and opinions already posted.

The reason people might lose their cool over this is because the question does not have an answer, but still gets asked with metronomic regularity.

Reactions: DR Russell

Tobel

6/7/17
is it not allowed to ask in the forum for the opinion of others which sub you can currently buy? is this forbidden? I do not think so.

What we are telling you is that the opinions of others are clearly stated in the respective threads related to each of these watches. You simply need to read them and you will understand why there is no simple answer to your question, and you will be able to make your own opinion. I'm answering you nicely do please follow this advice

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K

No but it just opens up the the thread to 100’s of posts with different answers so how are you going to decide with so many different opinions? Are you going to let other ppl choose the watch for you? As other members have said and tried to help do your own research and decided for yourself which one YOU like. Really not difficult mate.

PPVLG

7/2/20
okay i apologize next time i will restrict my questions a little in this forum and give myself my thoughts about the factories.

I did not find any special reviews of the watches I mentioned using the search function. do you have the links for this maybe?

1. ARF Sub black V3
2. ZZF Sub black V2
3. Noob Sub black V10

the thread can then be closed. sorry again. it was not my intention to start an endless discussion.

Tobel

6/7/17
Sorry no time to search for noob. Use advanced search restrict to Rolex subfor and "titles only"

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
okay i apologize next time i will restrict my questions a little in this forum and give myself my thoughts about the factories.

I did not find any special reviews of the watches I mentioned using the search function. do you have the links for this maybe?

1. ARF Sub black V3
2. ZZF Sub black V2
3. Noob Sub black V10

the thread can then be closed. sorry again. it was not my intention to start an endless discussion.

Chances are if you were handed all three, you probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart, let alone which one is closest to the real thing.

posibear

Looking Around
31/1/20
Canada
Frequent lurker finally checking in...

Threads like these can make it hard to break into the conversations on RWI because as other posters have mentioned, many people's minds are made up about which watch is better and why - sometimes based on what they own, not always on photos and anecdotes from Forum Members. It can turn into an echo chamber of ZZF vs. ARF vs. Noob fans without contributing much to the discussion in any substantive way.

The best thing you can do is read (hours), do your own due diligence and just pull the trigger on a timepiece after deciding which "imperfections" are most/least important to you.
FWIW, I just ordered an ARF V3 with the ETA clone movement and will post photos as soon as it's in hand. Absolutely no idea if it will be better than the ZZF because I'll only ever have the one!

A huge thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences and tremendous knowledge, keen eyes for details, and photos of their purchases!

Reactions: lumentin

srhoque

28/11/18
I am really amazed at how newbies come up with different variants of "who makes the best sub" question. How lazy can a person be, right at the top of the Rolex/Tudor section is a sticky comparing the Subs. They don't even bother to read that :picard: