• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying Gen Daytona- Any Tells for NOOB A4130 Movement?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hi All

I am picking up a gen Daytona today, pre-owned from a member on big watch forum. He checks out, but knowing what I know about reps I can never be too careful.

That being said, from every pic the case, bracelet, dial etc. all gen. However one fear I have is the movement. There are some sick people out there, and who knows if they swapped for a NOOB A4130. I know it sounds absolutely paranoid, but I would love to have peace of mind.

I am meeting up with the gentleman today. I called a couple of ADs in my area, none are willing to authenticate the watch, even for a fee which I found odd. So I will need to check everything out myself. I am not a full expert, but I have handled so many gen Daytonas I can easily tell from the outside if all is legit or not. It is what inside that bothers me.

So my question would be, are there any tells on the rep movement that I could easily spot? The only thing I could think of is on my previous gen Daytonas the minute subdial had a unique way of advancing where it moves a little bit, and then hits the minute. If anybody has any other ideas, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thank you very much in advance!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I called a couple of ADs in my area, none are willing to authenticate the watch, even for a fee which I found odd.
Surely a legit sale would guarantee the movement is gen, and include the option for you to have the watch independently examined and verified by someone with expertise?

alfonzo

25/7/19
This is the gen notice the balance bridge and the free sprung balance. It only has 1 adjusting arm.

gen4130.jpg

This is the SA4130 you will see that it is not free sprung and has 2 adjusting arms. If you see this movement then he is trying to rip you off.

SA4130.jpg

Reactions: Yellobird

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Thank you all! Will confirm once the deal goes through.

I figure I love the Daytona so much, I might as well make it my one and only gen.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
You can put gen balance on a Noob SA4130. See attached pic of my Daytona. Unfortunately balance is not the litmus test any more :(

This 4130 rep movement is freaking amazing, will make gen identification harder and harder. Good luck Mate!!

Reactions: NinetyThree

alfonzo

25/7/19
How did you get it to run? Did you make any modifications to the main plate?

thinker1

26/11/17
Gen balance doesn’t require any mods to run on Noob mainplate

alfonzo

25/7/19
No shit! That is awesome! I wish it was that way for the 3135...

Thanks for the info!