• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 116610 V2 dial vs gen - is it worth it ?

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Any experts here that had two together side by side ? All the pics I saw of the Zzf dial it looks really really good is it worth to pay 1k+ for gen dial or should zzf v2 dial be enough?

Thanks

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
Not an expert but I think ur talking about the LV?
Anyways I say GEN IS ALWAYS BETTER at the end of the day its made by Rolex themselves, but again not an expert.

Last edited:

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
No it’s not in my opinion. As long as you get the v2 with the nicely rounded corners on the 6, 9 and 12 indicies I think youre just fine. Any difference between the ZZF and gen require a 5x loupe. Buy two more great reps instead!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
No it’s not in my opinion. As long as you get the v2 with the nicely rounded corners on the 6, 9 and 12 indicies I think youre just fine. Any difference between the ZZF and gen require a 5x loupe. Buy two more great reps instead!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking the markers are really nice and rounded almost gen like and that's the biggest tell for me. Rest of the parts will be gen except case bezel and braclet.

Maybe it's better to drop 1k for new bezel assembly (I have insert) instead of dial but that's too not noticable I think.

Or maybe clasp.. decisions decisions

thinker1

26/11/17
Print and markers are spot on. I’d spend money on other gen parts.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I have both the LN and LV of the ZZF v2. To my eyes and hands, the only issues with the watch are the serial rehaut engraving and the crystal. After upgrading the crystal there’s really nothing else to do. The difference between ZZF and gen in terms of bracelet, clasp, and bezel are negligible and will vary more between examples than anything. Unless you’re trying to pass a ZZF off as gen, there’s no rational reason to mod any further. But then, this is not a rational hobby.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Yeah that's what I'm thinking the markers are really nice and rounded almost gen like and that's the biggest tell for me. Rest of the parts will be gen except case bezel and braclet.

Maybe it's better to drop 1k for new bezel assembly (I have insert) instead of dial but that's too not noticable I think.

Or maybe clasp.. decisions decisions

ZZF LV dial has an annoying and obvious flaw in 'X' in Rolex, but that is not a flaw for LN dial, in fact such shaped 'X' existed on gen 2018 LN dials.
No, I wouldn't spend money on gen dial, ZZF LN dial is very good.

Yea gen bezel is good idea especially if you have gen insert already. Gen clasp means super-spoiling but I know what you mean:)

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
1k is expensive for an LN dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saga

19/9/11
Planet Earth
If you want it perfect, then it is!

Biggest flaws on ZZF V2 dial is the Rolex print (off X), and the distortion around hands! It is much more then Gen..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It may be a non-issue for most but I would have to replace the hands on a ZZF. The hour hand always catches my eye. It is slightly misshapen, the silver borders are thicker leaving less room for the lume plots. I would sooner have slightly mismatched lume color between hands and dial (if even noticeable) and use ARF hands which are visibly superior IMO. It comes down to what flaws you can live with. The dial text 'X' flaw doesn't bother me.

Last edited:

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
It may be a non-issue for most but I would have to replace the hands on a ZZF. The hour hand always catches my eye. It is slightly misshapen, the silver borders are thicker leaving less room for the lume plots. I would sooner have slightly mismatched lume color between hands and dial (if even noticeable) and use ARF hands which are visibly superior IMO. It's comes down to what flaws you can live with. The dial text 'X' flaw doesn't bother me.

I have gen hands, insert, crystal, dw, few gen movement parts.

Rest will stay zzf. I will see about the dial of it bugs me I'll.just change it.