• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brains needed

Pigs_in_Space_

Hold my beer and watch this …
23/1/20
YVR

Hey all!

I need some help identifying this rep. I was travelling Vietnam a month ago and after many, crappy vendors I found a guy who had passion. He was a blast to buy from. Told me it had a 48hr reserve, laser engraved crown at 6. I’ve been reading everything I can, but I really need some keen eyes please.

mods I apologize if this is inappropriate, I’m still navigating the rules here. This is not a QC photo, I’ve already bought it. Just more for personal knowledge.

from what I can see
the band is super smooth, the clasps are tight and well engraved. The sizing pins are screws. There is a crown laser engraved in the glass at 6. The ‘R’ seem to line up with 12/3/9. I popped the caseback off and found a Miyota Japan. That’s all I’ve learned.

So to keep it interesting I’ll tell everyone what I paid for it. Hopefully I’m not embarrassed by it lol

if there’s any further pics you need or test I can do please let me know.

either way, I love it. It’s been keeping great time. I was the watch that started it all for me. (I wear an rep omega though)

thanks in advance everyone!

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Looks like an early model of the CRAP Factory v1 if I remember correct, CRAP Factory used to operate right before NOOB emerged--then shut down their doors. Hopefully you didn't pay a pretty penny for it.

Pigs_in_Space_

23/1/20
YVR
Looks like an early model of the CRAP Factory v1 if I remember correct, CRAP Factory used to operate right before NOOB emerged--then shut down their doors. Hopefully you didn't pay a pretty penny for it.

Thanks for the quick reply! Naw I think I did ok. I paid 120usd for it. Terrible name for a factory though, CRAP? Well if this is considered low end replica, I’m pretty excited to get my orders from PT.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
LOL! I so want to get in on this but I just ain't creative enough. I'm dying over hear though!

OP, $120 for that ain't bad. Miyota 8215 isn't a bad movement. Not high beat but a decent movement at that price point. The working glidelock clasp is a nice touch. Truth be told, it's on par with a DHG watch... maybe a wee bit better.

I doubt anyone can tell you what back alley factory put that together. Could have come out of the same factory that makes any number of entry level reps. If you're happy with it, rock that bad boy with pride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pigs_in_Space_

Pigs_in_Space_

23/1/20
YVR
LOL! I so want to get in on this but I just ain't creative enough. I'm dying over hear though!

OP, $120 for that ain't bad. Miyota 8215 isn't a bad movement. Not high beat but a decent movement at that price point. The working glidelock clasp is a nice touch. Truth be told, it's on par with a DHG watch... maybe a wee bit better.

I doubt anyone can tell you what back alley factory put that together. Could have come out of the same factory that makes any number of entry level reps. If you're happy with it, rock that bad boy with pride.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well looks like I’ve learned a few things tonight ...

- I have a lot to learn
- don’t expect quality from a night market
- do expect a little ‘welcome the new guy jabs’
- I need a new sub (or maybe a Daytona)

And I think I know what I’m giving my father Inlaw for his birthday now ..... hehe

I appreciate the info nevertheless! Still blows me away what you guys can tell just from a picture.

cheers!

Reactions: brane and p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
And I think I know what I’m giving my father Inlaw for his birthday now ..... hehe
:thumbsup: Excellent response, welcome!
I’ve passed on a few of my not-so-great “early adventures in repping“ to my brother in law (the only other member of my family who likes a watch), and he’s chuffed to bits with them! So the “give it away as a gift” idea is pretty sound.

Hang around the M2M sales area when you’ve got enough posts under your belt, and you’ll pick up a nice SubC and Daytona - they come up for sale all the time.

WRT yours - generally, if you can see the LEC from space, you can instantly tell it’s not great.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
WRT yours - generally, if you can see the LEC from space, you can instantly tell it’s not great.

Very, very true. To be fair, even this thing is 1000x better than the first rep I ever bought. Granted, that was back in the early 90's, but that just goes to show how much better reps have gotten over the years. The level of quality that the better factories are putting out these days is mind boggling.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The sub is such a mainstream and popular model that we all strive for perfection even on reps (else the fear of living in mental agony for the rest of our lives LOL). You might get away with flaws on not so widely worn models but the sub is looked with extreme caution and is constantly being scrutinized. Even for slightly misaligned rehaut or an extra "x" in the serial number - there is little tolerance (in spite of the fact that they will never be observed on wrist).

We (me included) are willing to live with a Miyota on a $65K watch (Nautilus) but if the Rollies have the wrong color of parachrom spring (must be Blue) - hell breaks loose. The level of innovation and quality from the Rep factories have spoiled us (and has made me into an OCD). Its a good time to be in this hobby for us customers!!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Regmariners are miles ahead of that thing at just a little higher price. Sorry. I still don’t think 99.9% would be able to spot it as a fake if that’s your concern. Of course a watch enthusiast would probably be able to see it at least on closer inspection. That cyclop is a huge tell for anyone who knows anything about subs even at arms length. I wouldn’t call it a total ripoff but there are just so many better options. Some of them not so much more expensive.

Oh and welcome to the forum! I hope you’ll enjoy it here.

Pigs_in_Space_

23/1/20
YVR
Lol well at the very least this thread is giving me an idea of what I’ve signed up for!

on a good note...

PT sent me some QC pics today! Since I’m not sharing them with you guys, I just approved them. Maybe I’ll wait a couple years before i post a pic in the omega thread.... ;)

Good to hear they’re up and rolling. He said everyone’s healthy and mainly working from home.

Now I just need to find a rep Rolex box to wrap this sub for my father-in-law....

Pigs_in_Space_

23/1/20
YVR
well crew,

I've successfully acquired a beautiful ARF Daytona from one of our members in the M2M section. Thx Suux88!

and

My Father in Law thinks hes a baller now. SubPar SUB now released into the wild.

Thanks for the advice everyone!