• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parts prices.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I stumbled upon a discussion about the prices for Rolex parts and if they were inflated above market value or not and I got interested in knowing more.

​​​​​​Especially since I'm considering a franken build.

I know that there is a myriad of models and conditions of the parts but let's take the most common models and assume that the parts are new or mint condition and let's see if we can reach a consensus.

I'm looking for parts for a dssd build and it seems to me that these parts are more expensive than most sub parts for example.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
There was a 6-8% increase from Rolex in early 2020. On top of that, Rolex parts (new, blistered) in general are going up because of the tight control from Rolex. And I am hearing that more and more part are becoming “exchange only”

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
I recently did something like this in my head. I Just saw the guy who bought a Rolex GMT in the 70's and come to find out he paid about one month's salary for it ($300-400). I thought well hell, that's what a new Rolex would cost me these days (one month salary). EXCEPT he was a military grunt in Thailand. So even though the price was comparable (in my mind), my salary now is multiple times what it used to be in the military - so - not really the same after all !!! Prices HAVE BEEN ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED!!!

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I recently did something like this in my head. I Just saw the guy who bought a Rolex GMT in the 70's and come to find out he paid about one month's salary for it ($300-400). I thought well hell, that's what a new Rolex would cost me these days (one month salary). EXCEPT he was a military grunt in Thailand. So even though the price was comparable (in my mind), my salary now is multiple times what it used to be in the military - so - not really the same after all !!! Prices HAVE BEEN ARTIFICIALLY INFLATED!!!

I've read this as well and it's most likely true but if we look at the m2m or chrono24 for example there are an abundance of Rolex parts but almost no Breitling parts for example.

So what is the right price for a DSSD dial, hands, insert and crown for example?

bc1221

30/4/14
I've read this as well and it's most likely true but if we look at the m2m or chrono24 for example there are an abundance of Rolex parts but almost no Breitling parts for example.

So what is the right price for a DSSD dial, hands, insert and crown for example?

The crown, hands and insert should be similar to a sub or a seadweller (If I’m remembering correctly, the DSSD is 43mm like the SD..?) but the hands should def be the same as a sub. I think a gen set of those new are about $250 or so. I don’t know if gen ceramic inserts for that size are easily available but I would think they’re not. With that in mind, I would expect those inserts to be pricey.

Internal breitling parts are ETA parts I think. The recent models use different movements but the older ones had modified ETA movements in them. Those should be fairly easy to source. External parts, I have no idea. I know I’ve seen some Breitling dials, bezels, crowns.. etc on eBay but no idea about their authenticity. They weren’t that expensive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I have bought hands and dial. The hands costed 330€ the same as the sub hands. The Dial on the contrary set me back 700€ I believe that is more than most sub dials.

​​​​​​
OnHqo.jpg

On3Dk.jpg

​​​