• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help on an adjustment for a Noob V9

bigyfan

Looking Around
11/2/20
I am brand new to this forum, in fact I came here for this question specifically. I received MY noob v9 submariner and it is emaculate, the brushing and finishing on the movement is the area I was most impressed with. One little thing is bothering me, the etched crown at 6 o clock is left of center, which also makes the cyclops a little skewed. I sent it to my watch guy to have him take out the crystal and align it, but he could not get the movement out and didn't want to break anything. Is there someone trusted on this forum who has worked with replicas help with this? it seems like such a small thing but I do notice it when I look at the date.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Why can he not get the movement out? Is it not just movement tabs and screws? Did he say the screws he glue applied to them? From what I’ve read the crystal has to be pressed out from the inside. I wonder if the crystal pops out of the gasket when you do this or if it pulls the retainer ring off.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Why would he want to remove the movement to re-align the crystal ?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Vvvlllooo has the excellent crystal removal post

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...blro-vvvlllooo

My post was about the V10 bezel, the V9 has a good bezel groove. You may find some of my pics useful to identify parts by name.

Noob GMT's poor bezel design

OP: Generally speaking, "regular" watchsmiths are not the best resource for reps due to rep peculiarities. Pretty shocking that one can't figure out how to remove an ETA movement. Sounds more like a cop out to me. Maybe you can figure out how to do this yourself. All you need is a case knife/opener and a crystal press/dies. It's possible the crystal retaining ring will come off when the crystal is pressed out, more often it will not. If not, you need to gently tap a razor blade between the bottom of it and the case and work your way around til you can get a case knife under it and pry it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vvvlllooo