• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DAYTONA NOOB V3

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
There’s an absolute ton of information and discussion here already regarding the Noob V3. I’d recommend reading all that.

I have two Daytonas with the Noob 4130, which were both serviced early on - one because it was done during a Franken conversion, the other because it died 5 minutes after arrival. Whether or not yours will need servicing will depend on whether you want to take pre-emptive cautionary action or take a chance on yours having been made on a day the factory had been swept. Opinions differ on whether early servicing is important. I wait till they go wrong. But the consensus of forum watch experts seems to be that the 4130 copy is a good movement.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
For the $688, it is hands down the “best” (in terms of looks, functionality and quality of movement) rep you can purchase. Totally worth every penny, That clone 4130 itself is worth more. Close your eyes and buy it...

The Noob v3 case and movement can take gen parts and is serviceable. In terms of what we like and not like, please read the links shared. It is probably the most discussed model in this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1

Pyromaniac

Horology Curious
8/2/20
Berlin, Germany
Thanks for your replies and usefull links- i just spend some time reading and will sum up what I noticed and remembered from my newbie point of view:

Daytona Noob V3 - a newbies sumup:

Many say the Noob V3 is the best Rep out of the box right now, especially regarding base and movement. They are minor complaints for details and overall quality of the Dial, the Bracelet an Bezel when compared with ARF, so some would say ARF is best when focussing on the look.
So it seems that a „Franken-Mix“ of Noob and ARF will make a „superep“ :)

Some Flaws of V3:
  • Rolex font on Dial incorrect (Donut O)
  • sub dials to fat (some v3 versions ok)
  • Color of Daytona font slightly off
  • Sel gap / quality
  • Lume may be greenish
Movement:

In short: movements are incredible good!
  • some not well lubricated, better service upfront (may totally dry, may overoiled)
  • The Noob v3 case and movement can take gen parts and is serviceable.
Some use Noob V3 base with:
  • ARF dial (better printing, crispness of writing and the silver accents on the marketers)
  • ARF bezel
  • ARF clasp
  • CF Brezel
  • ARF crystal (or Genuine Crystal)
These Mod‘s really look awesome and I give great credit for the craftsmanship! Thanks again - great forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: p0pperini

Scottschu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/20
For the $688, it is hands down the “best” (in terms of looks, functionality and quality of movement) rep you can purchase. Totally worth every penny, That clone 4130 itself is worth more. Close your eyes and buy it...

The Noob v3 case and movement can take gen parts and is serviceable. In terms of what we like and not like, please read the links shared. It is probably the most discussed model in this forum.

I wouldn’t say the best in look. If it looked so good why are people using ARF dials and bracelets? The ARF is the best looking. The NOOB is a functional movement if you’re lucky.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I think it looks great. If you want something even better looking gen parts or ARF parts like the dial and clasp can add a bit to the looks. But honestly I don’t think most people would appreciate or notice the difference.

If I’m not mistaken many users would suggest servicing the 4130 right away is more important than with a2824/a2836.

a5539925

29/7/18
Hej,
im close to put my really first order.
i‘ll start with my favs: omega and rolex.
what do you think in point of quality an flaws for the Daytona Noob V3?
https://chazingtime06.co/products/d...904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-blue-dial-sa4130-v3

Is the movement able to be serviced?
what do you personally like or dislike?
thanks!

The watch is good except for the Mickey Mouse print on the dial (not sharp) which is an instant tell.
Other faults are more minor or related to finishing.
For reliability take 2824/ 2836

Pyromaniac

Horology Curious
8/2/20
Berlin, Germany
Is the Noob model with a2824 comparable to the Noob V3 in terms of quality and gen-look? And can it take gen parts or be modded like the Noob V3?

Thanks for your replies, but im getting a little less sure / confused :)

So my following questions :
Which modell would be my choice for the possibility to service (spare parts) for the movements AND for modding to get the best gen-like look? The Gen is 40 x 12,2 as i know.

- A) Noob V3, (A4130), 40x12,5 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...dial-sa4130-v3

- B) ARF V2 (A4130), 40x13 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...30-super-clone

- C) Noob (A2824), 40x12 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...ckness-genuine

i think still A (noob v3) has the absolute gen-like measures, but B (ARF V2) could do the same job?
C (Noob) ist just to small - am i getring it right?

If so my summary would be:

A)
For the best possible Gen-like Daytona Rep
(which should be serviced and modded):
go for the more expensive Noob V3 and spend additional money and modding for ARF spare part.

B)
For a really gen-like look and better quality out of the box, but with a minor difference in measurements to gen.
Also servicable and moddable?

Thanks again :)

Last edited:

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Is the Noob model with a2824 comparable to the Noob V3 in terms of quality and gen-look? And can it take gen parts or be modded like the Noob V3?

Thanks for your replies, but im getting a little less sure / confused :)

So my following questions :
Which modell would be my choice for the possibility to service (spare parts) for the movements AND for modding to get the best gen-like look? The Gen is 40 x 12,2 as i know.

- A) Noob V3, (A4130), 40x12,5 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...dial-sa4130-v3

- B) ARF V2 (A4130), 40x13 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...30-super-clone

- C) Noob (A2824), 40x12 mm
https://chazingtime06.co/products/da...ckness-genuine

i think still A (noob v3) has the absolute gen-like measures, but B (ARF V2) could do the same job?
C (Noob) ist just to small - am i getring it right?

If so my summary would be:

A)
For the best possible Gen-like Daytona Rep
(which should be serviced and modded):
go for the more expensive Noob V3 and spend additional money and modding for ARF spare part.

B)
For a really gen-like look and better quality out of the box, but with a minor difference in measurements to gen.
Also servicable and moddable?

Ignore the previous guys answer. Yes the 2824 version may be more reliable but that rep is years old. It was, I guess, a flippant comment like 'if you want reliability buy a volvo'. Any Chinese movement will likely crap out on you at some point and the 2824 is less complicated and therefore less likely to fail as quickly as the other two more complex movements, but this shouldn't put you off.

The noob 4130 is a great choice. If you can afford it, add ARF parts if you can get hold of them. You can add gen parts no problem to the noob 4130. You can't really do this on the 2824 version.

If you don't have the budget to add parts, just get the white dial noob 116500. The bezel is fine, the dial is not perfect but acceptable and the bracelet is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

If you can get hold of stuff like an ARF dial, clasp and bezel over time then great, swap them over.

But really, you shouldn't need this spoonfeeding. There are lots of threads on this which if you read the up to date comments all essentially say the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

6/7/17
The comment on a2824 is relevant when it comes to Datejust or submariners. For Daytona it is wrong as there is no recent model and no working chrono. The a2824 model that you shared is old and not up to date. The 2 models that you can consider are the ARF, fake Chronograph after 1 minute but best look and feel, and the noob Daytona V3, replica movement so real Chrono and gen thickness and good d sign though a little less good than ARF and more expensive

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The watch is good except for the Mickey Mouse print on the dial (not sharp) which is an instant tell.
Other faults are more minor or related to finishing.

You are Steve Austin with the Bionic Eyes!

For reliability take 2824/ 2836

The gen Daytona is a chrono with three working subdials. Why anyone would want a rep that does not have the chrono capabilities? (I actually understand that if you don't care about working chrono you would take a cheaper option but still ....now this is an "instant tell" the moment you press a pusher)

Reactions: gte587t

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Thanks for your replies, but im getting a little less sure / confused .....

Don't listen to that crap. Just get the V3 Noob. It's as close to a gen as anyone reasonably can expect for what you get for it. In fact for the $$ it is a steal. So beautiful.
This is what I am going to do, with a CF bezel (just think it finishes the look, some TDs like Li of Jtime will put in on for you for a little extra( and if you want to go all OCD try and get a ARF dial and bracelet somewhere but that is hard, you may have to get a separate watch to do that, and that brings the $$ up to about $1200 which I think is a bit steep.
YMMV of course.

Reactions: gte587t and Dinkis

BlazinRolex

16/2/19
A couple of months ago I saw YouTube video of a gen vs rep Daytona and the rep was pretty spot on. Only under magnification were the very subtle differences noticeable. I can’t remember the uploader but the reviewer had a British accent. I think maybe it was Watchbox reviews or something similar? Anyway, from my research that looked like a Noob v3. Can anyone confirm? Obviously the gen jock rider in the video wouldn’t mention where he got it from or which factory it came out of *eye roll*

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
A couple of months ago I saw YouTube video of a gen vs rep Daytona and the rep was pretty spot on. Only under magnification were the very subtle differences noticeable. I can’t remember the uploader but the reviewer had a British accent. I think maybe it was Watchbox reviews or something similar? Anyway, from my research that looked like a Noob v3. Can anyone confirm? Obviously the gen jock rider in the video wouldn’t mention where he got it from or which factory it came out of *eye roll*

It was a watchfinder video - very enjoyable content from these guys :)

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
so i guess the V3 should be superior to the V2.2 ?

i mean if they could only tell with close up pics.. i would say Noob V3 then?

Tbh the V2.2 dial was the best dial up to date in noob daytonas