• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMTII pepsi ceramic bezel replacements

Rogex

Horology Curious
7/12/19
I was wondering if anyone knows who makes and sells the closest to gen. Ceramic bezel for pepsi gmtii?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob is the only factory so far. The only way to get one new is to buy the outrageously overpriced watch. All other rep and aftermarket Pepsi ceramic inserts do not merit consideration unless you just want to please yourself with a pretty wannabe.

15804191194270.jpg

Reactions: johnlogan

TomasDrogas

I buy watches and I know things
8/4/15
EU
I was reviewing 126710 NOOB pics but their rehaut engraving seems misaligned...

d1d75d330d5c82a96dcfe7df3c1459f8.jpg

I would be interested in buying the UNF version instead if the ceramic bezel can be replaced, but I dont know who can sell me a gen one or even if it fits this rep or no.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob blew it with rehaut engraving on their current version GMTs (V10). Noob used to be bulletproof with their rehauts. But that's really the least of the issues with this watch.

Timebomb movement

Why CHS GMT movements fail

Poor bezel design

Noob GMT's poor bezel design

Insert red color is brownish and the color transition point at 18 is way off. It should stop at ~15% into the 8 with no red in the ovals of the 8.

That doesn't keep me and a ton of others from choosing to be gouged with a pitchfork by the ridiculous high price just so we can own a Pepsi, lol.

Same watch, different light

15819614802670.jpg

15804191194270.jpg

I have one of the inserts linked below coming, just to try it out. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for it but it can be returned. It will need the white paint dug out of the markers and a paint mod if I keep it. Fun fun. This is the same for nearly every aftermarket insert you will ever see for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/i/223868093404?...iABEgKGWPD_BwE

Paint modding. Dig all the white out, spray the insert silver, scrape off the flats with a razor blade

qjbMt.jpg

qjJD2.jpg

IRzHX.jpg

qjVoE.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 any interest in selling me your Pepsi noob?

Not yet bro, I need to squeeze a little more satisfaction out of it for a bit. Pretty sure I'm going to mod it to enable a quickset date change. It's a fairly simple mod I devised for broken jump click watches but you can do it and have hour jumping too. At least I think so, haha. We'll see. The Noob 2824 CHS needs a couple 2836 parts and some mods.

qEh7R.jpg

qEZiP.jpg

If2uL.gif

Last edited:

thinker1

26/11/17
Noob blew it with rehaut engraving on their current version GMTs (V10). Noob used to be bulletproof with their rehauts. But that's really the least of the issues with this watch.

Agree with movement issues etc but rehaut on this watch is best and most Gen like noob has ever produced. Alignment is something that can be fixed but engraving/etching itself is best yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Princewilliam

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Agree with movement issues etc but rehaut on this watch is best and most Gen like noob has ever produced. Alignment is something that can be fixed but engraving itself is best yet.

Have to agree, it also shines like gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: thinker1

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Agree with movement issues etc but rehaut on this watch is best and most Gen like noob has ever produced. Alignment is something that can be fixed but engraving itself is best yet.

You can't fix an engraved rehaut that's cut in the wrong place. I've had 7 or 8 of these in hand and forcing the movement and dial to sit in an unnatural position in the case is not only not smart but also not possible in many instances. Imposing stress on your stem is always a poor choice. The amount the engraved crown is displaced to the right from top dead center of the rehaut is consistently noticeable across these new Noob samples. Noob's V10 cases across the board - GMTs LN, BLNR, BLRO, and Subs all look like they came from the same source. The clockwise misaligned rehaut engraving is a departure for Noob, which has had near flawless positioning for many years. I would give up some character perfection to have better alignment any day. It is a mistake to force your movement to an unnatural position in the case and lock it down. A naturally aligned stem with no lateral or vertical pressure on it should always take priority. The only reason my rehaut crown looks centered is due to the angle from which the pictures were taken.

Also, I've had 3 or 4 of these that physically could not be rotated far enough clockwise to create rehaut crown alignment with 12 o'clock on the dial. The stem started visibly bowing with the forced movement rotation and the movement would rotate itself back anti-clockwise when released as the stem relaxed to a straight position again. Doing this also skews the position of the date window relative to the cyclops. It makes the horizontal lines of each component unparallel and look crooked. "Fixing" a rehaut is limited to cases where it is off only slightly. Most of these Noobs are not in that category.

thinker1

26/11/17
You can't fix an engraved rehaut that's cut in the wrong place. I've had 7 or 8 of these in hand and forcing the movement and dial to sit in an unnatural position in the case is not only not smart but also not possible in many instances. Imposing stress on your stem is always a poor choice. The amount the engraved crown is displaced to the right from top dead center of the rehaut is consistently noticeable across these new Noob samples. Noob's V10 cases across the board - GMTs LN, BLNR, BLRO, and Subs all look like they came from the same source. The clockwise misaligned rehaut engraving is a departure for Noob, which has had near flawless positioning for many years. I would give up some character perfection to have better alignment any day. It is a mistake to force your movement to an unnatural position in the case and lock it down. A naturally aligned stem with no lateral or vertical pressure on it should always take priority. The only reason my rehaut crown looks centered is due to the angle from which the pictures were taken.

Also, I've had 3 or 4 of these that physically could not be rotated far enough clockwise to create rehaut crown alignment with 12 o'clock on the dial. The stem started visibly bowing with the forced movement rotation and the movement would rotate itself back anti-clockwise when released as the stem relaxed to a straight position again. Doing this also skews the position of the date window relative to the cyclops. It makes the horizontal lines of each component unparallel and look crooked. "Fixing" a rehaut is limited to cases where it is off only slightly. Most of these Noobs are not in that category.

Ok I have to say mine hasn’t got any of these issues. Mine alignes perfectly without any issues.

14a3d87883f48322454db87c48eea637.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ok I have to say mine hasn’t got any of these issues. Mine alignes perfectly without any issues.

14a3d87883f48322454db87c48eea637.jpg

You got one of the better ones bro. The rehaut crown still looks slightly right of the 60 minute tic and would look even more so from a dead center pic. Right angle off perspective shifts the apparent rehaut crown position to the left.

Here's mine dead center, framed by similar proportion round hour markers either side

IFYLP.jpg

In this pic you can see how a right angle off perspective pushes the apparent position of the rehaut crown to the left.
15807137214166.jpg

The first one I had I was able to re-position the movement slightly and got it pretty close to center.

KXukc.jpg

Compared to a two year old Noob Yachti that's never had the caseback off. Sublime.

15356385501811.jpg

thinker1

26/11/17
Rehaut is last thing I’d suspect. Maybe it’s position of dial marker or trashy time-bomb movement.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rehaut is last thing I’d suspect. Maybe it’s position of dial marker or trashy time-bomb movement.

Agreed, that's why I called it the least of the issues with this watch. Still, it's disappointing. Noob has a lot of gall charging what they do for these pieces. The movement is worth about $50 in terms of what they cost to make. Replacement cost is much higher of course due to rarity.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmash

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA

Timebomb movement

Why CHS GMT movements fail

Poor bezel design

Noob GMT's poor bezel design

Insert red color is brownish and the color transition point at 18 is way off. It should stop at ~15% into the 8 with no red in the ovals of the 8.

That doesn't keep me and a ton of others from choosing to be gouged with a pitchfork by the ridiculous high price just so we can own a Pepsi, lol.

Same watch, different light

15819614802670.jpg

15804191194270.jpg

I have one of the inserts linked below coming, just to try it out. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for it but it can be returned. It will need the white paint dug out of the markers and a paint mod if I keep it. Fun fun. This is the same for nearly every aftermarket insert you will ever see for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/i/223868093404?...iABEgKGWPD_BwE

Paint modding. Dig all the white out, spray the insert silver, scrape off the flats with a razor blade

qjbMt.jpg

qjJD2.jpg

IRzHX.jpg

qjVoE.jpg

Not what happened when I used eBay link but I had one show up today and it turned out being aluminum!
I’m shocked as to the results......
22bb097e08fb600562940548d7892878.jpg
5cb4917f41e43b2e276bc862add37eb2.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not what happened when I used eBay link but I had one show up today and it turned out being aluminum!
I’m shocked as to the results......
22bb097e08fb600562940548d7892878.jpg
5cb4917f41e43b2e276bc862add37eb2.jpg

The colors are perfect bro, I've had one on mine.

15803156323622.jpg

Still waiting on my aftermarket ceramic

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
The colors are perfect bro, I've had one on mine.

15803156323622.jpg

Still waiting on my aftermarket ceramic

Thanks, So I take it ok to run with this till I find a better?