• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

mrkawasaki

Known Member
27/1/21
Personally, I'd hate it for the chronograph to not work on my watch.

Did noob release a newer version since the write up?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Same question..

I don't think anyone understands what you're asking. The ARF movement is a variant of the 7750. If you were asking if it's more fixable, well, if a modder can fix a 7750 they can fix an ARF 7750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsub

10/1/17
Hey guys,
I was wondering if the ARF black dial is also a good choice on a noob base sinxe everyone only talk about the black dial.

I would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction

ftieu

Known Member
27/3/20
Anyone had detailed info regarding the case shape differences between the 116500 vs 116520?

I purchased the v4 noob 116500 and going to have a 116520 built with gen parts and curious if shaping is required.

mrsub

10/1/17
Anyone had detailed info regarding the case shape differences between the 116500 vs 116520?

I purchased the v4 noob 116500 and going to have a 116520 built with gen parts and curious if shaping is required.

Gen 116500 and 116520 cases are the same as far as I remember. The right lugs are supposed to be slimmer than the left lugs, which is hit or miss on the noob daytonas. If that bothers you then you could do some case modding.

JaffaCakes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/21
UK
Dear fellow members of RWI,

since I see many new threads by new members about the Daytona, I decided to write a guide on how to choose the suitable Daytona for you. Additionally, the current Daytona threads are close to 100 pages and I think gathering the current information available will benefit the whole community.
Thanks for this write up, this has really helped me in buying the right Daytona for me.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Big kudos to Cheeps for the original post. I very appreciate it because I'm not a Rolex guy by any means. Is what was written about the Noob v3 of 116500 Panda still valid for v4?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Big kudos to Cheeps for the original post. I very appreciate it because I'm not a Rolex guy by any means. Is what was written about the Noob v3 of 116500 Panda still valid for v4?

Thanks mate. Im not really following the scene right now so no idea tbh. Im sure its written in some thread over in the rolex section. :)

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks mate. Im not really following the scene right now so no idea tbh. Im sure its written in some thread over in the rolex section. :)

No problem. I've read through the last pages of the Noob v4 thread and seems the consensus is albeit the v4 is a very good replica, the CF bezel, the ARF dial and bracelet are still an improvement. However, I may be wrong.

Cocobananas

Horology Curious
4/3/21
Same question..

Maybe too late or irrelevant, but I think he is asking about the relative reliability of each movement, 7750 vs ARF.

Fiable is French for reliable, probably similar in Italian (considering his username)...

Last edited:

AndreaPirlo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/21
sorry for my poor english...
Yes, the reliability is very better on ARF?
so, if i want this Watch for long time, what is the best choice?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Big difference is that Noob is a copy of the real Rolex movement and the chronograph function works. On ARF the chronograph does not function. Both are fairly reliable, best bet would be to buy Noob and have it serviced and then avoid using chronograph function too often. However you can’t go wrong with either noob or ARF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryce Carlson

Lovegmt73

7/3/20

Hello, I personally prefer Arf, it’s A7750 movement can be repaired without problems, it can accept most original eta parts, the chrono seconds hand starts and stops, just minutes and hours don’t move.
Noob clone 4130 movement can become a problem when a repair is needed as it’s difficult to find parts, unless you buy Rolex parts at the price.
This is my personal opinion, if I were you I’d go for Arf, much better esthetically!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk