• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Saccs

Horology Curious
19/10/19
Really great post. This forum can be intimidating to new users, they ask questions and get pointed to a 129 page thread that links to old models or 3 website revisions in the past from TDS moving urls. It’s great to have this.

i have some questions/suggestions if anyone can answer.

1) what about the other Noob v3 like 116519 and 116509?
- Can these be added to the review?
- Can I put a CF bezel on a 116519?

2) can you talk about aftermarket straps?
- Does an Everest or rubberb strap fit ootb on both arf and noob?
- are there standalone bracelets you can buy instead of a whole arf plus the modding that are just as good?

im personally looking at the noob v3 116519 with silver dial and black subdials. Then putting on a rubber strap and possibly a CF black bezel to achieve my dream Daytona look. I do like the SS bezel though and would want to see it in person.

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: SRBJKU

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Really great post. This forum can be intimidating to new users, they ask questions and get pointed to a 129 page thread that links to old models or 3 website revisions in the past from TDS moving urls. It’s great to have this.

i have some questions/suggestions if anyone can answer.

1) what about the other Noob v3 like 116519 and 116509?
- Can these be added to the review?
- Can I put a CF bezel on a 116519?

2) can you talk about aftermarket straps?
- Does an Everest or rubberb strap fit ootb on both arf and noob?
- are there standalone bracelets you can buy instead of a whole arf plus the modding that are just as good?

im personally looking at the noob v3 116519 with silver dial and black subdials. Then putting on a rubber strap and possibly a CF black bezel to achieve my dream Daytona look. I do like the SS bezel though and would want to see it in person.

thanks

Hey man. Glad you like it.

to answer your questions: this thread is about the 116500/116520 and will stay that way since I don’t have any interest in the other Daytona models. Therefore I’m not able to answer any of your questions.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

FirNaTine23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/20
I think I read somewhere it’s gen is 12.2mm. Noob is 12.3 and ARF is 12.7. Don’t quote me, I’m going off memory. But most seem to be able to live with the thickness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for this! I think I can live with .5mm...went with ARF over Noob because of what’s important to me.

Reactions: Bellatorseo

dewie1975

29/10/18
This is a great post and is helping me immensely!

With that being said, I'm in the process of putting together components for a Franken Build. I have Gen Dial for a 116520, which based on what I've seen on this thread means I'm likely going to have to go with the NOOB 116520. I'm ok with that, because I value a fully functioning movement over looks that will likely be modded out anyway. Outside of replacing the dial which I already sourced and the Bezel on the NOOB, What other cosmetic changes are subtle enough, but worthy of being changed?

I think the biggest help would be a side by side comparison of the Noob, ARF, GMF lugs, case and maybe Xtal height. I haven't been able to find that yet for a 116520

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
This is a great post and is helping me immensely!

With that being said, I'm in the process of putting together components for a Franken Build. I have Gen Dial for a 116520, which based on what I've seen on this thread means I'm likely going to have to go with the NOOB 116520. I'm ok with that, because I value a fully functioning movement over looks that will likely be modded out anyway. Outside of replacing the dial which I already sourced and the Bezel on the NOOB, What other cosmetic changes are subtle enough, but worthy of being changed?

I think the biggest help would be a side by side comparison of the Noob, ARF, GMF lugs, case and maybe Xtal height. I haven't been able to find that yet for a 116520

Have you read the thread?

Reactions: FirNaTine23

Saccs

Horology Curious
19/10/19
Hey man. Glad you like it.

to answer your questions: this thread is about the 116500/116520 and will stay that way since I don’t have any interest in the other Daytona models. Therefore I’m not able to answer any of your questions.

What about aftermarket straps on the 116500/116520 ? Do Everest or rubberb fit on them? That question is still applicable if we don’t want to buy the arf and want to improve band on noob?

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
It was mentioned earlier that we won't see a ARF 4130, why not? If Noob can do it I see no reason ARF can't do it.

Is it worth them spending the time and money to do it? That I don't know. They seem to have different customers between those who want looks and those who want a fully functioning watch. Between the two of them they kind of have a good racket going with the differences if modders end up buying both!

I went with ARF because I really like their bracelets, closer to Gen in looks and I know I probably won't use the chronograph. Maybe some need to time something would come up, but I don't see it and if it does I have a stop watch on my phone. I've just always loved the looks of the Daytona. I wish they'd make one with the larger case like the six digit Subs have, the Daytona just seems small after wearing my Sub.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
What about aftermarket straps on the 116500/116520 ? Do Everest or rubberb fit on them? That question is still applicable if we don’t want to buy the arf and want to improve band on noob?

I don’t know. Never used a rubber.

FirNaTine23

26/1/20
It was mentioned earlier that we won't see a ARF 4130, why not? If Noob can do it I see no reason ARF can't do it.

Is it worth them spending the time and money to do it? That I don't know. They seem to have different customers between those who want looks and those who want a fully functioning watch. Between the two of them they kind of have a good racket going with the differences if modders end up buying both!

I went with ARF because I really like their bracelets, closer to Gen in looks and I know I probably won't use the chronograph. Maybe some need to time something would come up, but I don't see it and if it does I have a stop watch on my phone. I've just always loved the looks of the Daytona. I wish they'd make one with the larger case like the six digit Subs have, the Daytona just seems small after wearing my Sub.

I’m right with ya brother. I’m just waiting for White 115620 to arrive. I prioritized the closer to gen looks and bracelet over the functioning chrono and slightly thinner case. I’ll post pics when I get it!

ftieu

Known Member
27/3/20
Any advice on reputable modders in the united states? I live in Texas

ftieu

Known Member
27/3/20
Thanks Cheeps for the quick reply.

Does anyone have a relationship with Domi and can tell me if he works with people outside of the EU? I sent a message to him but no response yet. I am looking to nail a moder/builder before I start to purchase and collect the proper gen parts.