• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

DSignR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/21
Germany
Hi,
Does the Daytona with a carbon case really exist as a gen ? Regards.

Oh yeah, they exist ... and in many many variations ... although, well ... not "genuinely" by ROLEX, but by third party companies like Designa Individual and Blaken (although Blaken makes just dark / black ROLEXes, not carbon ones I think).

Those are quite custom made and the prices can even skyrocket more than for the original ones:
https://designa-individual.com/en/watches/carbon-w

z3T5tP.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nono92

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Interesting but if I understand, we have to buy first the watch and then go to Di to put the movement in their black case ?? Here, TD sell the whole watch but it is different :D

DSignR

27/10/21
Germany
Hm, I'm not totally sure, but I think DiW also sell the whole watch incl. the gen movement from ROLEX ... but as well as ROLEX they too have a waiting list ;)

The watches from TDs, well they are reps, that are much much cheaper than the "original" carbon cases / watches ... and they have their usual little (or not so little) inaccuracies ... and sometimes they are just "carbon" coated ... so not totally made out of carbon like the ones from DiW.

This one for example is DLC coated, with 7750 movement for 588 bucks:
https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.p...ducts_id=24661

z3MA0R.jpg

But this one is pretty serious with 4130 movement and solid carbon case for $928:
https://www.theonewatches.io/index.p...oduct_id=11998

z3Me58.jpg

... yeah, interesting stuff somehow ;)

Last edited:

rvillarreal89

Known Member
4/9/17

I know there is no point in frankening an ARF 16500, but i'm interested in doing a dial swap (not gen) just for a change, which Panda dial would fit the ARF?

Acq78

Looking Around
12/12/16
I just greenlighted QC on the BTF Panda I ordered and it is looking, stunning! Can't wait to see it in person. Just sharing some eye candy.

Wow!!! Please keep us updated, I'm ready to pull the trigger on a panda to go with my gen black face 116500LN

FabulousOne

Horology Curious
19/6/22
Hello
Where did you order this wonderful Daytona ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
oh man.... I just spend hours going thru so many threads...in hopes of finding the right daytona for me....but ended up with more questions than before...

anyone can recommend a seller or producer for me?

i am looking to buy a daytona 166508 in YG with green dial.....

I saw price spans from 200-1400...

my goal:
a superclone if possible, almost 1:1 to the gen...

anyone?

Reactions: TheReplicator

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
oh man.... I just spend hours going thru so many threads...in hopes of finding the right daytona for me....but ended up with more questions than before...

This is the first step, if you have more questions than before, that’s good.
Now you need to narrow the search and see price wise which one has the flaws you can live with.
There is no almost 1:1 superclone

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
quick question for the experts. which is currently the best version of the black dial 116520 with steel bezel? Is it worth to wait for CF v2 (is this already out?)?

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
This is the first step, if you have more questions than before, that’s good.
Now you need to narrow the search and see price wise which one has the flaws you can live with.
There is no almost 1:1 superclone

thank you :)

Well I did narrow it down and though about a FRANKEN....

I mean, you can buy an original rolex bracelet for around 1-2k....
If the dial is off, even that one and add a swiss ETA (if all would work with the rep you get) and you d had almost a perfect rep...

What I dont get is (if I may), the huge price difference of some...for example, I saw these 3 watches:

1. http://www.hontwatch.ru/index.php?ma...oducts_id=9992
2. https://jtime.io/us/daytona-116508-b...asia-4130.html
3. https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...-clone-v2.html

1. Is actually gold wrapped, hence the high price (I guess)....but since I cant find anymore infos....dont know what to think about it...Movement seems to to be the same issue as I posted on point 3...Maker is BP - an old and reliable player... guess the high price comes from the wrapped gold?

2. Dont know who the maker is....but plated again...so easily to scratch and show whats underneath.
Movement is ok this time if I understood correctly, its an SA4130 - if it really is an SA4130. So its either from Noob or ARF....or if its neither....its a normal A4130 and then again not so good.

3. Looks almost perfect to me, but if I am not mistaken, the 3 & 9 options dont work (but I wouldnt use them anyway) - almost same thickness as Gen, even superlumed. Watch is gold plated, which in fact means nothing...except that one scratch would show whats really underneath the "gold". Its from ARF and looks to me like a high tier finish one. Only thing I am worried: movement....its a A4130 and according to this (https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...plica_watches/) it will have issues....

Did I analyze this correctly?

Edit:
https://www.theonewatches.io/index.p...ge=2&limit=100

Found this gem here...looks like a NOOB watch....seems almost 1:1 and I cant find a downside...so far....anyone maybe see what I dont see? (except the plated gold)

and edit 2:
https://www.theonewatches.io/index.p...ge=2&limit=100

On this one I have issues with the sub dials (look modified to me) so issues with movement....other than that it looked promising...but the dial looks way off then gen....

Last edited:

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Well done in narrowing it down but that is one hell of a rep to pull off - unless you're a rock star or a footballer. I'd go for the Noob if it really is available.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Well done in narrowing it down but that is one hell of a rep to pull off - unless you're a rock star or a footballer. I'd go for the Noob if it really is available.

So I did analyze it correctly?
I am fairly new to this, so I appreciated any feedback!

Fun fact:
I could have bought the gen like 2 years ago...for 25k....and said no, its not that special...

fast forward....now the watch sells for 140k.....fml :)

So out of all watches that I described above....you d go with noob?
Why is that?

Only the plated gold is a problem, but a gen bracelet would solve this too....what else is "not good" on this noob?

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
The Noob has the best movement of the watches you listed and is pretty reliable and fully functional, especially if serviced. I don't know about the dial but I'd hazard a guess that it's not too bad. I think you'll struggle to find a gen gold Daytona bracelet at anything like the price of 1-2k (not sure of currency but I assume $) you indicated.

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
The Noob has the best movement of the watches you listed and is pretty reliable and fully functional, especially if serviced. I don't know about the dial but I'd hazard a guess that it's not too bad. I think you'll struggle to find a gen gold Daytona bracelet at anything like the price of 1-2k (not sure of currency but I assume $) you indicated.

Interestingly I live in Switzerland and I know some people....so its really not that hard to get one :)

Good you mentioned this point....I still didnt get to this point and dont understand it:

It is mandatory to service this rep upon arrival? What needs to be done or what do I have to look at?

Reactions: Omar9

DustyDude

Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland

last noob sold....so i am back to square 1

Davidaintgrizz

22/5/22
Just wanted to share some pics of the BTF Panda I received this week. I ordered it on SS with 2 extra oysterflex straps - black & white. So far I've only put white on. Sorry if it's too pic heavy.

No comment. I think the pictures speak for themselves.​​​​​​​

Reactions: RepWatchApprentice

byronds

31/1/16
Dose BTF / CF Daytona take genuine pushers without molding like Noob Daytona? Thanks.

donsoprano

Horology Curious
30/6/22
Just wanted to share some pics of the BTF Panda I received this week. I ordered it on SS with 2 extra oysterflex straps - black & white. So far I've only put white on. Sorry if it's too pic heavy.

No comment. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Indeed! Great photos and what a nice look with the white oyster flex straps