• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

Porsche295

Horology Curious
22/3/20
Hi all, I have a Daytona 116520 ARF V2 with black dial. I put on a CF bezel and modded moviment to 12.5 mm. I used a noob slim case too.
How can i give a little more gray color to the chronographs on the dial? they are too silver.
Thanks to all
Fabio

Reactions: Lovegmt73

Lovegmt73

7/3/20
7351e472845423a03ca0eae80556085f.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: tedit

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Hi all, I have a Daytona 116520 ARF V2 with black dial. I put on a CF bezel and modded moviment to 12.5 mm. I used a noob slim case too.
How can i give a little more gray color to the chronographs on the dial? they are too silver.
Thanks to all
Fabio

Beautiful watch! I've ordered a new 116520 black from CF. I'll be interested to see how it compares. I'm curious about your bezel swap. I thought the ARF bezel was one of the best. Do you think the CF bezel is better (and why)?

Oops! My comment about the appearance of your watch was actually referring to the picture in the next post from Lovegmt73.

Last edited:

Nordbaden

Looking Around
30/12/21
I have already had a look at them.
Would you recommend it rather than the Noob?
What is the reason for the enormous price difference between the two on the left?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I have already had a look at them.
Would you recommend it rather than the Noob?
What is the reason for the enormous price difference between the two on the left?

Noob Daytonas are not available anyway. Read the Clean Factory (CF) Daytona thread to better understand how they compare

Nordbaden

Looking Around
30/12/21
Hello
As you say
Perfect clones does not have it and from Jtime I am still waiting for the answer.

It will then probably the Clean

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hello
As you say
Perfect clones does not have it and from Jtime I am still waiting for the answer.

It will then probably the Clean

Clean is the better rep anyway

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Head over to the Trusted Dealer section - any of them should be able to supply it but expect delays because of CNY

Sent from my iPad using RWI

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Thank you for very detailed post and for the time you took putting all these informations together

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Great write up and interesting read. Looks like you saved me a bunch of hours reading through numerous Daytona threads!.

One question I have…..if you already owned a 116250 4130 noob (white dial), would surely make more sense now to upgrade the dial and bezel to CF (if you can get your hands on the parts of course). As opposed to modding all the ARF parts.

JustANeewbieGuy

Horology Curious
14/2/22
I was going to buy a new daytona rep (ref 116520 white dial)

Went to one TD (JTime is the one I chose because is the one I've seen the most surfing this forum) and saw there are 2 particularlly models: NOOB and CF.

From my previous searches I've seen NOOB as a fan-favorite, but I've also acknowledge that the NOOB factory has been victim of some raids recently, so I'm curious why there is still some stock of if, is it legit?

But coming to my biggest concerns: which one is better? What are the differences? (bezels, dials, cases, bracelets, movements, etc...) I'm asking here for help as my non-trained eye can't really see the differences between these two models, so I'm begging for someone's help.

Here they are the two links I'm referring to

NOOB: https://jtime.io/us/daytona-116520-n...al-sa4130.html

CF: https://jtime.io/us/daytona-116520-c...al-sa4130.html

What justifies the difference in price? Is it only because of the raids ?

Thanks in advance to everybody for the help, I'd love to learn more from experts

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
It is doubtful that Jtime actually has Noob stock. The Clean version is excellent and cheaper. The answers to all your questions are in this thread and the newish Clean Daytona thread - worth reading if you want to learn.

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Reactions: RepWatchApprentice

spaceman007

5/1/22
One question I had for the experts, is there a difference between the CF Black Dial and Panda Dial? Is one more gen than the other?