• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

ObamaHat

Horology Curious
16/12/20
Can anyone recommend me a TD to talk to about getting a 4130 Daytona?

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I have the 116520 ARF v2 and am happy with it, but I'm interested in upgrading to the CF bezel. Is there a watchsmith RWI recommends in CONUS for ss bezel swap? Any idea roughly what that should cost?

I think you can do that yourself. At least I think so after reading up here on the forum. My CF bezel is on the way, fingers crossed

zewthenimp

Horology Curious
3/8/21
I think you can do that yourself. At least I think so after reading up here on the forum. My CF bezel is on the way, fingers crossed

If you are successful, please let me know how it goes and any resources you found! I don't really trust myself to do this unless it's really easy...

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
If you are successful, please let me know how it goes and any resources you found! I don't really trust myself to do this unless it's really easy...

Yes it worked! I have a BP 116520. Remove current bezel with a (watchmaker) knife by prying it from below bezel edge. The sapphire glass came off too, see photo. Then I replaced the bezel and put it back together by just pushing, no glue or 3M sticker required
e3a5d3a400dca20db1ed12e3e9785c47.jpg

Curious what other mods I can do. Maybe the hands? Advice is welcome, what color lume should I look for? It’s a M series serial no

BoulderJ

7/5/21
Yes it worked! I have a BP 116520. Remove current bezel with a (watchmaker) knife by prying it from below bezel edge. The sapphire glass came off too, see photo. Then I replaced the bezel and put it back together by just pushing, no glue or 3M sticker required
e3a5d3a400dca20db1ed12e3e9785c47.jpg

Curious what other mods I can do. Maybe the hands? Advice is welcome, what color lume should I look for? It’s a M series serial no

The crystal came off when you pried off the bezel? How did you replace the crystal? From the picture, it appears there are remnants of adhesive around the bezel. Did you use any adhesive on the CF bezel insert? Thanks.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
The crystal came off when you pried off the bezel? How did you replace the crystal? From the picture, it appears there are remnants of adhesive around the bezel. Did you use any adhesive on the CF bezel insert? Thanks.

Hi, thanks. Good point, what/how is the glass and bezel holding in place. It does seem to be fixed though. Will take another look tomorrow

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
Hi, thanks. Good point, what/how is the glass and bezel holding in place. It does seem to be fixed though. Will take another look tomorrow

The reason it all came off together was because it’s pressure fit… You’ll need to push the xstal out and get a new gasket before trying to fit the new bezel…

Also if you were able to do everything without a press, I’d be concerned that it would come off as easily, and I wouldn’t be confident in the water resistance…

Last edited:

jamesmay78

Horology Curious
6/1/20
What, the new 4130 Daytona bit.....from a reseller/dealer I am currently using.

So would this mean that it would have a full working chrono? (Am I right in thinking that the Noob has a full working chrono?)

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
So would this mean that it would have a full working chrono? (Am I right in thinking that the Noob has a full working chrono?)

Yes, an existing factory will be using the same 4130 movement that Noob used.....just need to be patient.....

jamesmay78

Horology Curious
6/1/20
Yes, an existing factory will be using the same 4130 movement that Noob used.....just need to be patient.....

Thats brilliant! I sent my TD payment for a Noob daytona jus a few weeks before the raids, so I have been waiting in the hope either Noob would come back or something like this would happen.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Thats brilliant! I sent my TD payment for a Noob daytona jus a few weeks before the raids, so I have been waiting in the hope either Noob would come back or something like this would happen.

Yeah Noob gone for good, but they had the monopoly with the Daytona market, so now someone else will be enjoying the spills by having access to the 4130 movement....because of the nature of this business, it's difficult for factories to be able to give precise release dates, it happens when it happens...but I'm sure we will see 4130 'slim' Daytonas soon.

SLX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/20
Sweden
TD confirmed me rumors of ARF possibly to release soon new Daytona with Asian 4130

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro if ARF puts an 4130 into their beautiful ass daytonas ima INSTA cop

Jimbob4u

Horology Curious
8/1/21
I love the Daytona got damn it’s beautiful . I ordered the 116500 black one noob v4 at april and have been waiting ever since then with No luck, but now at september the TD got a limited stock so i did a topup payment and now Im waiting for the QC pictures it’s going to be awesome when i get it :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
The reason it all came off together was because it’s pressure fit… You’ll need to push the xstal out and get a new gasket before trying to fit the new bezel…

Also if you were able to do everything without a press, I’d be concerned that it would come off as easily, and I wouldn’t be confident in the water resistance…

Thanks. Did not see a gasket, only glue or sticker residue. Will order a 3M sticker to put it together properly. No need for water resistance