• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Ultimate Daytona Buying Guide (Ref. 116520/116500)

amgbenz04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/10/19
If you dont care about chronograph then definetly yes,arf daytona is one beatiful watch

Thanks for the help here! What is your opinion about the latest rep Pepsi? Do you think the ceramic color change will be too obvious on a rep, since Rolex mentioned it was difficult to produce even for them.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
can someone direct me to the closest 1:1 daytona (stainless steel/black dial) I want the stop watch and all sundials to work perfect and want 904L stainless steal...

my budget is around $400-$500 USD

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
can someone direct me to the closest 1:1 daytona (stainless steel/black dial) I want the stop watch and all sundials to work perfect and want 904L stainless steal...

my budget is around $400-$500 USD

Currently, what you are looking for aint available, closest to gen is ARF, but, they are not making at the moment, due to raids and second, the chrono is non functional....only functional one worth getting is WTF (IMHO) but not 1-1 as thickness is 14mm, otherwise it's a good rep....the one I have just ordered any how. Soon, I am told, there will be another 4130 rep like old Noob, by who and when...no one knows.

alok87

Known Member
4/12/17
Currently, what you are looking for aint available, closest to gen is ARF, but, they are not making at the moment, due to raids and second, the chrono is non functional....only functional one worth getting is WTF (IMHO) but not 1-1 as thickness is 14mm, otherwise it's a good rep....the one I have just ordered any how. Soon, I am told, there will be another 4130 rep like old Noob, by who and when...no one knows.

I am new to watch collecting in general but I don't understand why so my replicas don't have a working stop watch? this isn't just the Rolex Daytona but I wanted an Omega speedmaster, an AP Chronograph and both don't have functional chronograph??? so frustrating

my first watch purchase was an automatic Swiss Tag Heuer CV 2010 for $1200 and the Chronograph works perfect...... I think I might just save up and get a used Omega speedmaster for $1500-$2000 because the Chinese can't seem to figure out automatic chronographs

AASoliman

Known Member
1/6/20
California
I am new to watch collecting in general but I don't understand why so my replicas don't have a working stop watch? this isn't just the Rolex Daytona but I wanted an Omega speedmaster, an AP Chronograph and both don't have functional chronograph??? so frustrating

my first watch purchase was an automatic Swiss Tag Heuer CV 2010 for $1200 and the Chronograph works perfect...... I think I might just save up and get a used Omega speedmaster for $1500-$2000 because the Chinese can't seem to figure out automatic chronographs

The noob Daytona has a functional chrono they just aren’t available, the Biao also has a working chrono, but it’s not a replicated 4130 like the Noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain

HUBLOT, AP ROO chronos all have working chronos......the problem rep factories have is replicating the watch case SIZE using cheap, cost effective movements....so thick case designs are OK...hope that makes sense.....BTW don't think you will find a BIAO daytona anywhere, might get lucky and pick up a used Noob 4130 somewhere, but if I were you I would wait...a month or so, I hear that another factory will soon be making Daytonas using the 4130 (Noob style) design with same case size 12.5mm.......

Reactions: watchboi

AASoliman

Known Member
1/6/20
California
HUBLOT, AP ROO chronos all have working chronos......the problem rep factories have is replicating the watch case SIZE using cheap, cost effective movements....so thick case designs are OK...hope that makes sense.....BTW don't think you will find a BIAO daytona anywhere, might get lucky and pick up a used Noob 4130 somewhere, but if I were you I would wait...a month or so, I hear that another factory will soon be making Daytonas using the 4130 (Noob style) design with same case size 12.5mm.......

Where’d you hear this?

Reactions: Obelard

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
What, the new 4130 Daytona bit.....from a reseller/dealer I am currently using.

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Oh okay that’s interesting did he say what factory would be doing this?

Undisclosed at this time, but was told it will be a well known factory.....that's as much as i know.

zewthenimp

Horology Curious
3/8/21
I have the 116520 ARF v2 and am happy with it, but I'm interested in upgrading to the CF bezel. Is there a watchsmith RWI recommends in CONUS for ss bezel swap? Any idea roughly what that should cost?

Obelard

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/19
Belgium
This thread is awesome. Thank you for the good info.

Is there a picture comparison available for the noob v3 to the ARF? In particular, I have long wanted the 116515 rose gold chocolate dial. I found this one on geek time but noticed that isn't a TD on this site. Also read a post above about a v4?

https://www.geek-time.co/product/da...lack-rubber-strap-sa4130-free-extra-strap-v3/

Have been researching genuine Rolex and Omega watches on and off for about 2 years, am new at rep watches. Spent about a day reading various threads on this forum yesterday to try to get up to speed. Obviously so much more to go. Bought a victoronox maverick 241692 last year to make sure I would wear it and to see if it held my interest before spending bigger money. Hopefully this post is not found to be overly irritating to the experienced forum goer. Thanks.

Me too why did the Xing Authorities raid Noob Xijus! They could have to wait a bit more right?

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
TD confirmed me rumors of ARF possibly to release soon new Daytona with Asian 4130

Reactions: irpaj