• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOROLOGY HOUSE FAKE ROLEX WATCHES SAGA - DEVELOPING STORY

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Picked this up this morning. Developing story!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=722353

I'll keep this short. My mate was sold a Daytona 116500LN for $29k AUD ($19.5k USD, yeah too good to be true I told him).

The seller has quite the online presence in Australia, so funds were transferred without question. I have a feeling there's plenty of people out there that have been scammed by him without even knowing yet.

Watch was meant to be sent overnight, but it wasn't till 2.5 months of excuses later, he finally sent the watch overnight express to my friend.

Because of the time frame and endless excuses of why there was a delay, we started to suspect he was scamming us, turns out we were right.

I hope this post will help other in the future to not get suckered by this scum. It's so sad, cause probably without my genuine Daytona to compare with, my mate would have not known he got scammed until his first service.

Full transcript of text communications:
https://pastebin.com/CMQKnnL5

Seller/Scammers Details below

Member:
HOROLOGY HOUSE
https://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=213405

Name: Christopher Andrew Essery

Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt9...WTeIUQ1H_WKZIw
He even has videos have how to spot a fake.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/horologyhouse/

Without further adieu, here's the watch that this expert sold my friend.
Looks pretty legit on first glance.

fr-9659-size880.jpg

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Major Tom

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/15
Reactions: 5t3f4n

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Ok ,so he claims he didn't know that was a fake?

sent from middle earth

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Some of the negative effects of reps becoming scary close to gen. Most of us in this forum want our reps to be absolutely close to gens in terms of looks, finish and functionality. For the folks who can spot the differences, that’s not an issue.

There are quite a few “ignorant” crowd out there who have the money to spend on watches (but know nothing about the rep world), this is the target audience of scammers.

Such a sad story indeed...unfortunately as reps innovate and get better such stories will always be there.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow, what a PITA. So the buyer got his money back?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
holy shit, like I watch every single one of his videos, never would i ever even think he would scam someone like this, god damn, now his chanel went ghost, IG went private, damn, i really hope he get punished in some way

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Whaaaaat?? Chris from Horology House?? I can't believe it, guy had like what, 80k Yotube followers??

Reactions: Sirwatchalot

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Fucking scumbag deserved to be flamed.

Selling a noob for 29k after he did a how to spot video... How dumb can you be.

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
holy shit, like I watch every single one of his videos, never would i ever even think he would scam someone like this, god damn, now his chanel went ghost, IG went private, damn, i really hope he get punished in some way

I tried to add him on Instagram, he blocked me right after! LOL

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Some of the negative effects of reps becoming scary close to gen. Most of us in this forum want our reps to be absolutely close to gens in terms of looks, finish and functionality. For the folks who can spot the differences, that’s not an issue.

There are quite a few “ignorant” crowd out there who have the money to spend on watches (but know nothing about the rep world), this is the target audience of scammers.

Such a sad story indeed...unfortunately as reps innovate and get better such stories will always be there.
Very true, but you know he has done a real vs rep video of a sub right? I have mates in Oz in a closed watch group (you can only join if they know you in person) and is blowing up there.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Very true, but you know he has done a real vs rep video of a sub right? I have mates in Oz in a closed watch group (you can only join if they know you in person) and is blowing up there.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

True, this guy knew rep/gen difference all too well. That’s why he has the ball to sell the rep as gen. At least this makes me feel good about dealing with TDs. They are selling illegal rep watches but they are being honest about it.

Reactions: bose2019

jcguo0516

4/12/18
A good read and why the RWI is of great value to GEN only buyers too. Most of the members of this forum are upstanding individuals and don't try to present reps as anything other than what it is. A hobby of watch enthusiasts.

for sure, that very well saId, most of us understand the difference between a geniune hobby, and try to use it to make quick money, for those who use rep to scam people to make quick cash are the worst kinda people, they dont love watches like we do

Chroniker

Not listening!
28/9/15
España, currently ze Germany
True, this guy knew rep/gen difference all too well. That’s why he has the ball to sell the rep as gen. At least this makes me feel good about dealing with TDs. They are selling illegal rep watches but they are being honest about it.

Are you seriously trying to tell us that no TD has ever tried to scam you by sending you a gen instead of a rep? ????