• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep buy ARF DJ 41 rhodium

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Hello everybody! Greetings from Germany!
Now I received my first rep - it's an ARF DJ 41 126334 Rhodium from Ryan and I'm so happy now!
Everything worked wonderfully -
the delivery took 2 weeks without any problems.
Ok, there will be a few things for the experts here that could be improved:
- the orientation of the rehab to the dial is not exact (see the 60)
- the cyclops is not exactly centered
- there's no crown at 6:00 (also it’s on the homepage- everything’s ok)
. .but hey: it looks great to me, it runs perfectly, it can be adjusted perfectly, the bracelet looks great and the clasp have a nice closing sound -
what more could you want?
thanks again to everybody for so many tips
(which TD / payment / QC / delivery ...)!

Reactions: Itto

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Wear it in good health! Unfortunately, i hate to say it.. but.. it will definitely not be your last. :)

Man, i suddenly miss my dj41.

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Wear it in good health! Unfortunately, i hate to say it.. but.. it will definitely not be your last. :)

Man, i suddenly miss my dj41.

Thanks- I think so too....I‘m hungry now????????????

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Awesome first pick. Wear it in good health.

Does anyone know if the ARF DJ 36mm is equal in quality to the 41mm version?

I'm in the market for a watch to the missus.

Last edited:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Awesome first pick. Wear it in good health.

I'm in the market for a watch to the missus.

Get her a 41. Tell her that nowadays women wear over sized watches
Worst case scenario it will end to you ...

Reactions: Dissemination

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
That's a very nice piece. Source a nice gen dial and crystal and you are set.

Hi BMW760! Thanks a lot! Everyone here is talking about gen dial and crystal. What is important for you about it? The color / the sunburst? And what about the crystal for you? because of the AR or the Cyclops with the black hole effect?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Having a '30' at 6 o'clock between 'Swiss Made ' instead of a Rolex crown logo ISN'T A FLAW . The watch you have is a replica of a PRE 2018 dial . The crown logo at 6 was a dial update introduced at Basel World 2018 , and began appearing on watches later in 2018 . Up until then '30 at 6 is correct.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

[/QUOTE]

It's better .

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Yes it is. The ARF DJ36 also uses SH3135 (clone of the gen movement) which allows you to swap with gen parts.

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
That's a very nice piece. Source a nice gen dial and crystal and you are set.

Second that idea. I have a franken build with watchmaker now (Gen Dial, crystal, crown/tube, 3235 date disc overlay and ETA movement)

OP - You got a really nice one, wear in good health. I guarantee you that the quality/build of this watch will "tempt" you to buy other reps.

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Having a '30' at 6 o'clock between 'Swiss Made ' instead of a Rolex crown logo ISN'T A FLAW . The watch you have is a replica of a PRE 2018 dial . The crown logo at 6 was a dial update introduced at Basel World 2018 , and began appearing on watches later in 2018 . Up until then '30 at 6 is correct.

Ah ok, thanxs! So it means that the first gen DJ 41 rhodium models since 2017 are without a crown and after Baselworld 18 they have a crown?

anh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/20
How about the oyster bracelet and smooth bezel???? Thanks!!!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Ah ok, thanxs! So it means that the first gen DJ 41 rhodium models since 2017 are without a crown and after Baselworld 18 they have a crown?

The DJ 41 was released in 2016 , the Rhodium dial in 2017 . They all had '30' at 6 o'clock . At Baselworld 2018 they introduced a new dial with the crown logo at 6 . So your watch replicates a pre Basel world 2018 watch as I said in my first post .

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
The gen crystal accentuates the dial colors along with the black hole effect you mentioned. The gen dial shines in a very unique fashion and you get a nice array of colors from different angles. That's one of the things that makes the DJ dials so nice.

Reactions: Grillo

bc1221

30/4/14
Great choice! I now miss my DJII with a blue dial and fluted bezel.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the rehaut not lining up completely centered. A lot of gens have that issue too. They also have much larger Q/A issues. (I.e. the explorer with 2 of the 9 markers instead of 3 and 9 lol).

You should be able to align it though. Just open the case back, loosen the movement holder screws and gently slide the movement to the direction it need to go to. A gentle tap should do it. You have plenty of room to move that dial to move the .25mm (or less) to the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grillo

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
The gen crystal accentuates the dial colors along with the black hole effect you mentioned. The gen dial shines in a very unique fashion and you get a nice array of colors from different angles. That's one of the things that makes the DJ dials so nice.

Thanks!

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany

I wouldn’t worry too much about the rehaut not lining up completely centered. A lot of gens have that issue too. They also have much larger Q/A issues. (I.e. the explorer with 2 of the 9 markers instead of 3 and 9 lol).

You should be able to align it though. Just open the case back, loosen the movement holder screws and gently slide the movement to the direction it need to go to. A gentle tap should do it. You have plenty of room to move that dial to move the .25mm (or less) to the right.

Thanks so much for your instruction! When I‘m going to extend my jubilee bracelet maybe I’ll try it!

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany

PS: why don’t u buy a new DJ blue now? Furthermore: my first rep idea was also the blue one but after all threads here I was scared about it because everybody‘s talking about that blue is actually the most faulty color!?