• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V9 sub bezel question

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
So the insert is glued into the bezel. Is it possible to buy a friction fitted part and use that to secure the bezel insert?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It's not glued strictly speaking, it has double-sided tape which is quite strong and certainly adequate for the job. The 3M tape rings are available on ebay and only about $1 each. With either attachment method you still have to remove the bezel from the watch to get the insert out, so no benefit there. I don't know of any aftermarket retaining clips available like you are asking about, and I doubt a gen one would fit in the Noob V9 bezel even if you could source one. By fit I mean including the insert - there is no excess room in the Noob bezel when the insert is in place.

ARF Sub and GMT bezels use the retaining clip attachment method and an ARF Sub bezel will fit on a Noob V9 so that may be your best bet. You would also need the ARF hytrel ring (bezel gasket).

Last edited:

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Thanks for the information. That’s a little disappointing but I guess you’re right. I’d just hate to be using my submariner and the insert comes out after getting it wet repeatedly. I’m always on the lake and I’m worried about an adhesive method eventually failing.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
Oh and BTW you’re a good source here and when I’ve been on hobbyist forums and would share information and help other members I eventually got a notification from the moderators thanking me for my helpful participation and they gave me some recognition for my contribution. I think you’d definitely be the kind of guy who deserves the same recognition here for your contributions. So thanks man. Here’s to you.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks for the information. That’s a little disappointing but I guess you’re right. I’d just hate to be using my submariner and the insert comes out after getting it wet repeatedly. I’m always on the lake and I’m worried about an adhesive method eventually failing.
I've never seen anyone report their bezel falling out because they get their watch wet a lot. The 3M double-sided tape is seriously strong. But it'll be interesting to see whether you hear from anyone who might have experienced any problems.

hm11esh

4/9/18

you can use VHB tape and cit it to size. this tape has been used to secure glass panes in dubai skyscrapers. If it can hold them in that heat, i am sure it will hold a bezel.

I use it to attch my car number plate and had no isses in 3 years despite the weather in uk.