• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which is best rolex replica 2020?

Rideilm

Horology Curious
14/12/19
Instead of judging, with the wisdom that you have acquired in the 1 month you've been around created an account, have you ever wondered why there are rules about not asking "who has the best sub", and why senior members and mods will often answer that kind of questions with "please do your homework"?

[SNIP]
FIFY

There are many more lurkers than you realize. I am sure some people read this form for years that have never made an account.

Reactions: chocman02

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
FIFY

There are many more lurkers than you realize. I am sure some people read this form for years that have never made an account.

Yes, but they don’t count. That guy had been around for a month - and it showed.

Reactions: k4jun

Rideilm

Horology Curious
14/12/19
Yes, but they don’t count. That guy had been around for a month - and it showed.

I can count the post i have made on my hand. I am just trying to make the point that helping out someone that isn't as knowledgeable who asked the question is also helping out many others that aren't brave enough to ask the question. Everyone is new at something at some time. the 2019 thread was a good read https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-box-rolex-rep

But back to the topic (somewhat,) I just hope to see an ARFv3 with a SH4130 makes it in this thread after CNY. But i'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I can count the post i have made on my hand. I am just trying to make the point that helping out someone that isn't as knowledgeable who asked the question is also helping out many others that aren't brave enough to ask the question. Everyone is new at something at some time. the 2019 thread was a good read https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-box-rolex-rep

But back to the topic (somewhat,) I just hope to see an ARFv3 with a SH4130 makes it in this thread after CNY. But i'm not holding my breath.

And nobody is saying that we should not help new members. Of course we should, but new members should start by trying to help themselves with the existing content. Nobody's asking them to find all the answers, but a little bit of homework is the minimum amount of respect to the community and other members that needs to be shown. Have you looked at threads where there are only newbies left because senior members have deserted because they were fed up of explaining the same thing over and over again to people who can't read 3 pages? Take a look at the noob Daytona thread. It's just QC pics and "are my subdials too thick?" "Should I reject" etc. Really, nobody wants the whole forum to become like this. And that's why there are certain rules and expectations.

Geez if you've been around so long you must have read many posts explaining that right??

Nicolebobbin

Horology Curious
28/12/19
You should narrow it down to the models you want to buy, then look for the best factory.

For sub, I recommend BK.
For DJ41, go with ARF.
For Explorer II, go with Noob.

Everyone is a bit rude when people ask this but the volume of material on the site can be daunting to go through.
the short answers are:

Sub no date - zzf v2
Sub date - zzf v2
hulk - zzf v2
Daytona - noob v3 a4130
Datejust 41 or 36 - arf v3
Gmt master - arf sh3186 chs
Explorer 1 - bp head wuth arf bracelet
Seadweller - ARF

I don't see a recommendation for Day Date 40mm here, anyone has a good suggestion which Factory should I go ?

Last edited:

chocman02

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
I don't see a recommendation for Day Date 40mm here, anyone has a good suggestion which Factory should I go ?

Hard to recommend any precious metal watches as the weight differs and the thin, usually 5 micron, coating will wear off. Also reports of keaving marks on skin..more expensive "gold wrapped" with thicker coatings can run into 4 figures.

That said if you had to go for one, look for BP factory models.

Reactions: ucool22

chocman02

8/12/19
Also interested in knowing a rec of the day-date. Thanks

Hard to recommend any precious metal watches as the weight differs and the thin, usually 5 micron, coating will wear off. Also reports of keaving marks on skin..more expensive "gold wrapped" with thicker coatings can run into 4 figures.

That said if you had to go for one, look for BP factory models.

Reactions: ucool22

gratefulcarl

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/8/13
you gave an excellent response spoon-feeding a noobie

Now let's see you after 3 years doing that thing hundreds of time, just repeating yourself for people not bothered to read anything

Everyone starts out a noob so "spoon-feeding a noobie" is the way we learn about anything in life. If after three years you don't like or enjoy helping others learn then stay off the responses. I think the point of the poster you are spouting off to is be kind and help; otherwise STFU and don't be an asshat. The problem with climbing on another's back to elevate your self-esteem (say by berating beginner's questions) is when you jump down off their back, which you must, your self-esteem is just as miserable.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Everyone starts out a noob so "spoon-feeding a noobie" is the way we learn about anything in life. If after three years you don't like or enjoy helping others learn then stay off the responses. I think the point of the poster you are spouting off to is be kind and help; otherwise STFU and don't be an asshat. The problem with climbing on another's back to elevate your self-esteem (say by berating beginner's questions) is when you jump down off their back, which you must, your self-esteem is just as miserable.

i could answer with STFU , but i will try to remain calm
Have you ever heard of reading to gain knowledge? i guess not
You are miserable., not me

chocman02

8/12/19

Well said gratefulcarl.

People go out of their way to alienate new members. We now have 3 pages of this thread proving that. And worse - alienating someone else for HELPING the new members. So much wasted time and energy when all they had to do was say "welcome to the community, ZZF and ARF would be good choices" or if they liked, simply nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: gratefulcarl

ucool22

Banned
16/1/20

It's not that I don't know what a search engine does or am too lazy to do the leg work to get to the final answer. I'm just new to the forum, and have done most of the work in the submariner category and have yet explored the day-date. Since I've used the time and went down this thread, and also some someone asked the same question I was interested in, I thought I'd tag on.

Responses are always appreciate, but yes this type always discourages someone new as they are gaining and finding their way in this new community. It's like starting a new job. There are always some questions and knowledge to gained first before one can be independent and contribute back. I'm on the same boat as lets be a welcoming community to encourage more interactions to help one another out.

Cheers

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
As a pretty new member myself, I think its cool that so many people hopped in to be helpful. New members helping other new members digest information- because it is incredibly daunting at first.

And while whomever it was that posted the first ironically negative comment here about hurling abuse is not totally unfounded, if all of you (us) newer members stick around for even a few more months, you'll see *why* senior members can be so tough. This is not Reddit. Don't get me wrong, Reddit is great for opinions flying around everywhere and casual conversations and learning both true *and untrue* Replica faqs. But this is RWI. This is where people that take this hobby more seriously get to "hang out" at. And if you take this hobby seriously and/or passionately, I can promise you that you will understand soon enough.

I fuckin love this hobby. Pardon my language. I spend more time here than I should, but I f*ckin love it. And there is no way in hell I would get to learn what I get to learn if this place was drowned out by all the Reddit-type questions and misinformed advice (again, not knocking Reddit- just pointing out that these two forums serve two different purposes). There really are reasons that certain questions are frowned upon. Or as pointed out earlier- not so much what is asked, but how/why the question is asked.

I honestly think it would benefit everyone if upon signing up, there was a little RWI 101 intro by way of the New Members section. It would save EVERYone a lot of grief.

But really, just remember that there are reasons people haze the new people. And whether it's meant to or not, it really is an effective way of weeding out who comes here to contribute and who comes here to take. And because of the forum's rules, spoken and unspoken, the amount of information that has to be distilled to develop an informed *opinion* is naturally lessened. This is great for those that genuinely want to learn!

And lastly, it actually takes a degree of arrogance to assume that "senior" members are simply being arrogant... yes, sometimes it probably is cyberbullying or whatever, but really just stop and think about that for a second.

My 2 cents as a pretty new person myself.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Well said gratefulcarl.

People go out of their way to alienate new members. We now have 3 pages of this thread proving that. And worse - alienating someone else for HELPING the new members. So much wasted time and energy when all they had to do was say "welcome to the community, ZZF and ARF would be good choices" or if they liked, simply nothing.

I took the time to explain to you why senior members react the way they do and why it's in the interest of the forum. You didn't acknowledge and you're not even considering just a little bit that you may be wrong.

Just stick to your certainties. I don't know why you need senior members' opinions if you're just gonna stick to what you believe. You don't even need to be on this forum. But don't come crying for help when you need deeper information than "who has the best sub"

So long

Murmelstone

18/8/19
At the end as a new guy here, this thread was actually helpfull ;) Popped out on a search... Because still alot people responded with suggestions

gratefulcarl

Banned
31/8/13
As a pretty new member myself, I think its cool that so many people hopped in to be helpful. New members helping other new members digest information- because it is incredibly daunting at first.

And while whomever it was that posted the first ironically negative comment here about hurling abuse is not totally unfounded, if all of you (us) newer members stick around for even a few more months, you'll see *why* senior members can be so tough. This is not Reddit. Don't get me wrong, Reddit is great for opinions flying around everywhere and casual conversations and learning both true *and untrue* Replica faqs. But this is RWI. This is where people that take this hobby more seriously get to "hang out" at. And if you take this hobby seriously and/or passionately, I can promise you that you will understand soon enough.

I fuckin love this hobby. Pardon my language. I spend more time here than I should, but I f*ckin love it. And there is no way in hell I would get to learn what I get to learn if this place was drowned out by all the Reddit-type questions and misinformed advice (again, not knocking Reddit- just pointing out that these two forums serve two different purposes). There really are reasons that certain questions are frowned upon. Or as pointed out earlier- not so much what is asked, but how/why the question is asked.

I honestly think it would benefit everyone if upon signing up, there was a little RWI 101 intro by way of the New Members section. It would save EVERYone a lot of grief.

But really, just remember that there are reasons people haze the new people. And whether it's meant to or not, it really is an effective way of weeding out who comes here to contribute and who comes here to take. And because of the forum's rules, spoken and unspoken, the amount of information that has to be distilled to develop an informed *opinion* is naturally lessened. This is great for those that genuinely want to learn!

And lastly, it actually takes a degree of arrogance to assume that "senior" members are simply being arrogant... yes, sometimes it probably is cyberbullying or whatever, but really just stop and think about that for a second.

My 2 cents as a pretty new person myself.

We all come here to "take" information that's the point of reading forums and posting information and discussing opinions. I will never understand belittling requests for information and bullying others for not navigating thousands of forums or seeking to learn by asking others. Again, why just NOT PARTICIPATE in the answer if you prefer to be rude and condescending? I don't understand why anyone needs to "haze" or "weed out" or NOT HELP OTHERS.

I will never be understanding of any need to bully, belittle, abuse, or be unkind to those who just happen to have started this forum later than any older member. Yes, I am certain of this. And fail to see any rationalization that supports the idea that to belittle is preferable than to be silent.