• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

All guys with ARF submariner v3, do you see color fade on your bezel?

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
since the first day my black bezel hasn't been fully black its like a shiny black but not pure black

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Sounds like the black of a ceramic bezel to me.

But of course, :ttiwwop:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yep, "shiny black", as you say. That looks like a black ceramic bezel under harsh light. It's highly reflective gloss surface, so it only looks black when it's reflecting something dark - otherwise it's going to look various shades of grey.

BTW, you should sign up at ClickPix.org, upload your pics there and copy/paste the "BBcode full" embed codes in your post, so we can see the pics without clicking links.

Last edited:

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
Yep, "shiny black", as you say. That looks like a black ceramic bezel under harsh light. It's highly reflective gloss surface, so it only looks black when it's reflecting something dark - otherwise it's going to look various shades of grey.

thank you very much

Esaelias

Banned
3/12/18
does the cermic on this model v3 arf fade?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
No, the material colour is really, really unlikely to fade (given the composition of the material, I'm not sure it's even possible for the black to fade).

What you might have heard people complaining about is the silver coating of the markers on the insert fading. There have been reports of that. But if it happens, it's easily fixed by using a silver marker pen to re-colour the markers (the "Molotow mod" as it's know, after the brand of marker pen people use).

Last edited: