Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Source For A Proper 116500 Crystal Gasket for a NOOB watch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Source For A Proper 116500 Crystal Gasket for a NOOB watch?

Guys, any idea on where to get a good (or possibly maybe even gen) proper height (2.2-2.3 mm tall) crystal gasket for the Noob watch in order to get rid of the milky crystal edge?

The common solution is sanding the existing gasket to the desired height. There’s a good description of the process in a post somewhere around here - the important/clever bit being that it’s done with the gasket on a crystal, IIRC...
    FrankenSubs! - Subs! - Daytonas! - Seamasters! - A 1675 Adventure - A Budget 6538 build - Tudors! (COMING SOON!)

Comment

Will need to find that thread, thank you! One thing that bothers me is whether it can be sanded down really smooth for it not to affect waterproofness in any way.

Comment

Lots of crystal gaskets on ebay, you just need to know the proper height.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Gasket ordered from CousinsUK and now officially on the way to me. Cannot wait to get rid of "the milky rim"! Now I need to find a budget press and keep fingers crossed that the bezel won't crack in the process of replacing the gasket!

Comment

I believe the gen crystal's gasket height is 2.3mm. Find one on various watch parts supply website or ebay

Comment

I bought mine here and just installed it
              https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/ga...ss?code=R30520

it gets rid of the milky halo, but it’s a smidgeon too thick...the whole watch is now 12.6mm thick. When I shaved the original gasket down and got the watch to 12.3mm I did lose waterproofness though :/

there’s more discussion here
              https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/8159456-how-to-remove-and-replace-a-ceramic-daytona-bezel
              My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

https://www.esslinger.com/generic-ro...ystal-gaskets/

295c-1

super thin and makes the crystal sit lower, no milky ring around the edge. i use it on all my modded daytonas

Comment

Originally posted by qualityazn View Post
                  https://www.esslinger.com/generic-ro...ystal-gaskets/

295c-1

super thin and makes the crystal sit lower, no milky ring around the edge. i use it on all my modded daytonas
                  Awesome! Will be purchasing this!

Comment

I managed to do mine. Makes quite a difference, great mod for money!

Comment

Originally posted by newrepper View Post

Awesome! Will be purchasing this!
                      Be careful with lint and dust, I did not mention some small particles and pressed the bezel on a crystal that was not 100% clean. Had to get in from behind a few days later to clean the crystal again:

Comment

Final result:

Comment

Originally posted by Yellobird View Post
                          Final result:
                          Which gasket did you use ?

Comment

My bad I didn’t realize you already said. came out nice! Hopefully mine will too

Comment

Originally posted by Yellobird View Post
                              Final result:
                              Shave the gasket.
                              ​​​​the crystal is still sitting too high.

What you do is, put the glass with gasket through the bezel until you have the desired height / crystal alignment and then shave off the protruding part of the gasket with a razor. We did that twice, first week ended at 12.36mm and now we're at 12.28mm.

this is how it is supposed to sit, gen like:

Comment

Working...
                              X