• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What's the latest on Milgauss GV crystals?

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
I've been out of the rep game for a bit, but now I'm back. I've always wanted a great Milgauss GV rep but the green AR has been so awful it's just ruined the experience. Is AR still the way the GV crystals are made, or is there something better now? Any difference between the factories? Also, any improvements on the orange lume on the black dial? It used to be pretty spotty. Thanks for any guidance you guys can offer.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Check out the newest DJF black dial release, I've read it's supposed to be the best now. I go for "cool looking" more than "gen-like" in many instances. I have this Milgauss, and was actually thinking of getting the ARF tricolor (blue, green rim, orange) monstrosity so what do I know, lol.

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/5776...acelet-a2836-real-green-sapphire-crystal.html

15714080447990.jpg

Last edited:

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
I have the black dial DJF and can say it’s a nice looking watch, one of my favorite reps. I recently purchased the blue dial for a friend and can say it’s nice too, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have the black dial DJF and can say it’s a nice looking watch, one of my favorite reps. I recently purchased the blue dial for a friend and can say it’s nice too, if you’re into that sort of thing.

The blue dial DJF looks like a really pale blue compared to gen. Is it a good looking watch?

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
I’ve never seen a blue dial gen in the metal. The djf dial was pale blue for sure. I much prefer the black dial- something about the pale blue dial and green crystal didn’t work for me

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ve never seen a blue dial gen in the metal. The djf dial was pale blue for sure. I much prefer the black dial- something about the pale blue dial and green crystal didn’t work for me

Agreed, I may just get the ARF blue dial. I like something that looks great not necessarily gen-like.

Rideilm

Horology Curious
14/12/19
It looks like the new DJF has a real green crystal without AR. Can anyone confirm? https://puretimewatch.io/milgauss-11...elet-a2836.htm

Corrected link:
https://puretimewatch.io/milgauss-11...let-a2836.html

I cant speak for it personally, but i recall reading before that it is an AR coating with a smaller green gasket. I may be 100% wrong on that, but comparably it looks like it is one of the better REP crystals available.

EDIT: See the reply from NONOX here https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7866870-wanna-talk-about-djf

Last edited:

Xilikon

20/8/19

I saw a few blue dial Milgauss in Macao watch stores and I agree the blue in the rep is a bit too light compared to genuine. The black one is great.

Reactions: KJ2020

nonox

30/3/12
Yes, DJF has got the best rep crystal but it’s not the same shape as the the gen.
DJF crystal is not green when you look the watch from the extreme side but it’s much better than every poor rep crystal with green AR coating.

Without going franken way, DJF is the best rep crystal so far.

IMO there is another flaw on every rep milgauss...
The second hand is not the same shape and with the wrong color.
DJF is a ETA clone so you can’t not fit a gen second hand.

If you can live with this flaw, go for DJF

nonox

30/3/12
Yes, DJF has got the best rep crystal but it’s not the same shape as the the gen.
DJF crystal is not green when you look the watch from the extreme side but it’s much better than every poor rep crystal with green AR coating.

Without going franken way, DJF is the best rep crystal so far.

IMO there is another flaw on every rep milgauss...
The second hand is not the same shape and with the wrong color.
DJF is a ETA clone so you can’t not fit a gen second hand.

If you can live with this flaw, go for DJF

Ps: in the link above, my watch is not a DJF, it’s a ARF with gen second hand and DJF crystal.