• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF Factory Rolex Cellini 50535 MoonPhase

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
ZZF has a new Rolex Cellini Moonphase out. Lately ZZF has been knocking it out the park. Thoughts?

https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_117&products_id=20894

Sent from my DHGate Shitter V10 using Tapatalk

60d4f8b10c40facb8a5d761930c2d9de.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruben Bleijlevens

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
Lol in order to buy a gen Batman here in Taiwan, you have to combo it with a Cellini moon phase....fugggg that

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That might have some potential. I think they're lying about the thickness it looks more like 15.3mm than 12.3mm

Rolex really deviated from the norm with this moonphase display. I made some posts on a previous thread about how to "interpret" it. That's the thing, you can't just look at it and tell what the moon is going to look like in the sky without interpreting it.

Note: The following explanation only applies in the Northern hemisphere.

You really don't need the empty circle moon, although you CAN use it once you understand how to interpret the display. Using the filled moon, when it's dead center at the top, its a full moon. As it DESCENDS DOWN on the RIGHT, it depicts the actual moon DECREASING in size. How much? Its proportional to the percentage of the 180 degree half circle to the bottom. So at the 3 o'clock position, visibilty of the actual moon has decreased to a half moon (last quarter). As it approaches the bottom of the circle, it depicts a waning crescent.

Then as the filled moon symbol ASCENDS UP on the LEFT, it depicts the actual moon INCREASING in size so that at the 9 o'clock position, the visible actual moon is half full (first quarter). Or, you can use the empty circle on the right (now at 3 o'clock) to make your interpretation of the new (empty) moon increasing in size to first quarter.

Confusing? Hell yeah, why not stick with a tried and true nice looking regular moonphase display? Better still come up with a new depiction altogether that keeps a big beautiful moon image stationary in an awesome night sky background and applies a moving mask to it that shows you exactly what the moon will look like in the sky. Tell me Rolex couldn't figure out how to do that. Ever seen the Skydweller movement?

Anyway, this model is still interesting. I was kind of waiting for the MK version to come out. I don't think I would want RG anyway. But this model stays (somewhat low) on my wish list.

johnlogan

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
That might have some potential. I think they're lying about the thickness it looks mors like 15.3mm than 12.3mm

Rolex really deviated from the norm with this moonphase display. I made some posts on a previous thread about how to "interpret" it. That's the thing, you can't just look at it and tell what the moon is going to look like on the sky without interpreting it.

Note: The following explanation only applies in the Northern hemisphere.

You really don't need the empty circle moon, although you CAN use it once you understand how to interpret the display. Using the filled moon, when it's dead center at the top, its a full moon. As is DESCENDS DOWN on the RIGHT, it depicts the actual moon DECREASING in size. How much? Its proportional to the percentage of the 180 degree circle to the bottom. So at the 3 o'clock position, visibilty of the actual moon has decreased to a half moon (last quarter). As it approaches the bottom of the circle, it depicts a waning crescent.

Then as the filled moon symbol INCREASES UP on the LEFT, it depicts the actual moon INCREASING in size so that at the 9 o'clock position, the visible actual moon is half full (first quarter). Or, you can use the empty circle on the right (now at 3 o'clock) to make your interpretation of the new (empty) moon increasing in size to first quarter.

Confusing? Hell yeah, why not stick with a tried and true nice looking regular moonphase display? Better still come up with a new depiction altogether that keeps a big beautiful moon image stationary in an awesome night sky background and applies a moving mask to it that shows you exactly what the moon will look like in the sky. Tell me Rolex couldn't figure out how to do that. Ever seen the Skydweller movement?

Anyway, this model is still interesting. I was kind of waiting for the MK version to come out. I don't think I would want RG anyway. But this model stays (somewhat low) on my wish list.

johnlogan
KJ you have such amazing insight mate. I would have never considered learning about the intricacies of moonphase until you introduced this!

Have I ever said I love ya? Lol!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
Looks too chunky imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
Has anyone purchased this? Trusty listed this right before CNY. I'm wondering if the moonphase works properly

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I am tempted to purchase this. I want a rose gold watch for the few times a year I wear one, but it's hard to find good ones. The FKF v3 Breguet 5177 is one of my favorites, but this just blew my mind - gen functionality and gen thickness? Jumping hour hand?

That might have some potential. I think they're lying about the thickness it looks more like 15.3mm than 12.3mm

I thought so too, but this is showing 12.4mm on two separate videos:

mPC7n.png

mPp8E.png

And 38.9mm wide (probably 39mm in most vids).
mPlL2.png

Here's a video link: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQ5NzE5OTM4OA==.html

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am tempted to purchase this. I want a rose gold watch for the few times a year I wear one, but it's hard to find good ones. The FKF v3 Breguet 5177 is one of my favorites, but this just blew my mind - gen functionality and gen thickness? Jumping hour hand?

I thought so too, but this is showing 12.4mm on two separate videos

That's a huge plus! I'd really like to have one of these someday. RG is not for me though.

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Does anyone have any more info about this movement? It says its a clone 3195 movement, but the rolex caliber 3195 has a 135 tooth gear to drive the moonphase. Looks like the moonphase works correctly in this model but do you think it's just tied to the 31 positions of the date with a separate pusher to adjust it? Or do you think they actually copied the movement's moonphase?

Edit: Rainbowkin - you speak mandarin, right? Any chance you could watch this video and let us know what he's saying when he's takling about the moonphase function? If this is a 135 tooth moon phase on a replica watch, that is a pretty astounding achievement

Edit 2: trustytime - it's up on your site, welcome back as a TD by the way. Do you have any idea what the movement inside of this watch is like? Is it really a clone 3195?

Last edited:

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Its not a true clone. And the moonphase is adjusted by a small pusher on the side of the case.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I’m really interested in this piece. Has anyone bought one yet? Does the date quickset or is it a pusher like the moonphase? Also, is it a true 29.5 day moonphase? The main flaws I can see are the spacing between GENE and VE, and maybe the detail on the moonphase display. If anyone has any insights I’d love to hear them!