• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Crystal Review! Clark 25-295-CAR vs Gen

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA

Step into the ring and judge for yourself! Your input MATTERS!

Very cool!

As a new owner of a BP CHNR myself I am actually quite pleased with the crystal that BP put on it. I think it is better than the one on my GMF BLNR.

I actually acquired a gen crystal a little while back. I am aware that the 2834 ICHS movement has a higher hand stack and therefore the gen crystal can be problematic with having to file down the pinion and possibly having too high a magnification for the datewheel. That does not seem to have affected yours which AFAIR also has the iCHS.

I hoinestly think my BP's crystal is "good enough" for it, which is after all a cheap rep for only $240 with a somewhat iffy movement. To be fair I am having a hard time telling the faults of the crystal, perhaps I am not looking at it the right way.

I am going to keep the gen crystal for a possible future upgrade when/if VRF or ARF come out wiht a cloned movement BLNR or CHNR at which time I may decide to use it or if not sell it m2m.

Here are some pics of my CHNR under various angles for comparison with the Clark upgrade and the gen upgrade above

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Very cool!

As a new owner of a BP CHNR myself I am actually quite pleased with the crystal that BP put on it. I think it is better than the one on my GMF BLNR.

I actually acquired a gen crystal a little while back. I am aware that the 2834 ICHS movement has a higher hand stack and therefore the gen crystal can be problematic with having to file down the pinion and possibly having too high a magnification for the datewheel. That does not seem to have affected yours which AFAIR also has the iCHS.

I hoinestly think my BP's crystal is "good enough" for it, which is after all a cheap rep for only $240 with a somewhat iffy movement. To be fair I am having a hard time telling the faults of the crystal, perhaps I am not looking at it the right way.

I am going to keep the gen crystal for a possible future upgrade when/if VRF or ARF come out wiht a cloned movement BLNR or CHNR at which time I may decide to use it or if not sell it m2m.

Here are some pics of my CHNR under various angles for comparison with the Clark upgrade and the gen upgrade above

Beautiful, beautiful watch Ralphy! Your cyclops looks wonderful! :) thank you for sharing for comparison! The difference is very slight. The Clark has a deeper black hole effect but has the AR hue of post 2010 gen crystals. Your sexy BP has a clearer crystal and is a banger for the buck!

Sent from my DHGate Shitter V10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Beautiful, beautiful watch Ralphy! Your cyclops looks wonderful! :) thank you for sharing for comparison! The difference is very slight. The Clark has a deeper black hole effect but has the AR hue of post 2010 gen crystals. Your sexy BP has a clearer crystal and is a banger for the buck!

Sent from my DHGate Shitter V10 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Didn't yours have the same crystal?

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Okay lads, I've hunted everywhere but have yet to see a good comparison of these two options for a Rolex Crystal. I decided to be the guinea pig and get this party started.

One is $34.

The other is ten times the amount, at about ~$340+ depending on blister or not.

Step into the ring and judge for yourself! Your input MATTERS!

Note: CHNR doesn't have a gen datewheel

............................................................................................................................................................................

In this corner, the golden two tone that breaks bones! The BP CHNR fresh back from the up and coming oascom. It has a Clark 25-295-CAR that was said to be comparable to a gen 25-295.

In that corner, the superfranken that's ready to get some fists cranking. The 116710LN that's been super treated by the legendary misiekped. It has a gen 25-295. Let's get started, shall we?
dc0373fc0217f165bda038e3f8859b6c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
nice review!

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thanks mate. Didn't yours have the same crystal?
Yup, I have it in storage!

I wanted to use the BP as a guinea pig to see. There were no other threads that had detailed pictures of the Clark AR crystal so I gave it a go :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RiffRalf

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
The Clark looks good, but it has no Halo effect about the Cyclops as all Non gen Crystals.Also the blue hue kills it. For me it's a big difference.
But u are right, for the money u can't go wrong with it.????

Halo effect on gen crystal.
a94aa5d0b2ac515a4b63e22e2a4c4c4b.jpg

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I’d like to compare a Clark to an ARF xtal, to me (from pics) they loook about the same and would be of about the same price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Thanks KJ!! Just a note for members looking for gen crystals. Rolex has stopped the old numbering mechanism and given new numbering (I learnt it the hard way through recent purchases). Chances are you might find NOS but most of them are the new ones. The 116610 Sub and 116710 GMT crystals still have the same numbering

Examples below:

Old Daytona Crystal - B25-295-5-v2-c1
New Daytona Crystal - B25-295-5-v3-c1 or B25-7000-2-C1

Old YM 116622 Crystal - B25-295-car-v3-c1
New YM 116622 Crystal - B25-295-car-v5-c1

When in doubt, always check with your watchmaker first.

Last edited:

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Peeking in from the right, it's clear to see both watches have the SAME magnification, albeit the Clark having more AR effect. The black hole effect is also present strongly in both.
e2c435e5fae29598779b1693f70c3fa9.jpg
7124b76fb3ca1ab34ce80fdddc310766.jpg

Hi mate, could you please help me? I’m going to order this Clark crystal for gmt 116710 but the seller ask me which height of gasket I want but I don’t know what’s the right height. 2.3-2.5-2.7-2.85-3.0.... thank you

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

ROXOLO

Known Member
9/12/18
I've ordered a Clark non-AR crystal for my upcoming JF 16610LV, thinking Swiss sapphire (that's what they advertise it to be), even aftermarket, HAS to be more clear and better quality than Chinese rep crystal, but in the end, I doubt I will ever see a difference... ^^ ...if there's no black hole, IS THERE any visible difference between JF crystal and Clark? I'd like to know, because apparently my Clark crystal will take forever to arrive, longer than the watch (that's a first), and I was planning to ask my watch maker to put the new crystal while he services the SH3135 movement... but if it's not worth it, then I won't wait for it.