• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE BATTLE OF THE SD43's - 126600 - ARF v3 VS Noob v10

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Sonofalich great review friend. Thank you for this.

I’ve never had the Noob, but every ARF version and I would ask you about the Noob dial color. Like the gen, the ARF dials goes positivity matte black in direct sun, almost brown, like a vintage tropic dial. It’s a very cool effect that the gen has and the ARF dial reproduces well :)

Hi m5smg2, thanks for your post! Your watch looks great, yeah the Noob dial is actually better! As are the hour markers both in shape (12 marker) and colour! It's a better dial all together, plus the hands too. I've built a franken watch which has the best features from both, it should arrive on Monday. It was supposed to come yesterday but I think the storm here delayed it. Sad times!

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Hi m5smg2, thanks for your post! Your watch looks great, yeah the Noob dial is actually better! As are the hour markers both in shape (12 marker) and colour! It's a better dial all together, plus the hands too. I've built a franken watch which has the best features from both, it should arrive on Monday. It was supposed to come yesterday but I think the storm here delayed it. Sad times!

Sounds like the perfect build. Looking forward to more pics, especially in direct sun of Noob dial would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Sounds like the perfect build. Looking forward to more pics, especially in direct sun of Noob dial would be appreciated. Thanks!

When it comes on Monday, and we have some sun... (MIght be a while, we are the UK haha!) then I will do that for you, no worries!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Update:
Hybrid ARF v3 / Noob V10 (I can confirm in real life it looks better, but is it worth doing? Certainly not!)
  1. ARF v3 Base
  2. Noob Dial
  3. Noob Hands
  4. Gen SD43 Crystal supplied by interaktiv
  5. Gen Date wheel supplied by interaktiv
  6. Gen Crown / Tube supplied by interaktiv
  7. ETA 2824
  8. Crown Guards cut/resized to gen size
  9. Rehaut Polished (mine was a bit dull)
Pictures:

Update is here, it's on the 1st page, 2nd post.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6600-arf-v3-vs-noob-v10?p=8502528#post8502528

Thats the link to the update.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Oh also for price break down... it was 750 euros for all the gen parts... and £210 watch making fee's so... total costs around about £1.4k , so not cheap. But not too bad either.

Reactions: domi51

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Oh also for price break down... it was 750 euros for all the gen parts... and £210 watch making fee's so... total costs around about £1.4k , so not cheap. But not too bad either.

Honestly bro I think that was actually a good investment. I was pretty skeptical at first- I knew it would look better just not sure how much better. But with the gen parts and the hybrid between the two, it looks great.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Honestly bro I think that was actually a good investment. I was pretty skeptical at first- I knew it would look better just not sure how much better. But with the gen parts and the hybrid between the two, it looks great.

Next step, is trying to source a dial + bezel assembly! No joke, I'm looking, it's my favourite watch!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
That work on the CGs really makes an improvement. It looks great.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
That work on the CGs really makes an improvement. It looks great.

Yeah, you know what when I first got the watch back I wasn't totally sure it was worth it... but I've worn it for 2 days and really it has made such a difference... it really does look great in real life. Thanks very much!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Do you think the Noob insert would have the advantage/be worth it with a Spongebob mod?

No not really, although I am actually planning to get a 2nd insert and send it to Spongebob so I'll be able to show you... "soon".

I'm trying to track down the gen bezel assembly... I think that will make a huge difference.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
No not really, although I am actually planning to get a 2nd insert and send it to Spongebob so I'll be able to show you... "soon".

I'm trying to track down the gen bezel assembly... I think that will make a huge difference.

An aftermarket insert? Or Noob/ ARF?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
The noob bezel doesnt need a spongebob mod. It's pretty good stock. And yes I have compared side by side with gen

Good to know. From my perspective- I have the ARF, only seen pics of Noob- the ARF engravings are too deep, and the Noob looks a little flat. Mind you, this is all nitpicking lol but this is a hobby (for some of us) about the pursuit of achieving "99%" after all haha.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
Good to know. From my perspective- I have the ARF, only seen pics of Noob- the ARF engravings are too deep, and the Noob looks a little flat. Mind you, this is all nitpicking lol but this is a hobby (for some of us) about the pursuit of achieving "99%" after all haha.

I'm very happy with the noob. The bezel mechanism was stiff when it arrived but is much improved. The only thing I will possibly do is put an arf clasp on it