• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE BATTLE OF THE SD43's - 126600 - ARF v3 VS Noob v10

JTL12

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/4/22
USA
My apologies for reviving an older thread, but does anyone know the dimensions of the SD43 ceramic bezel insert? I am trying to figure out if this insert would work in a 40mm bezel assembly. If so, I would like to try and find one.

Thanks in advance.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
My apologies for reviving an older thread, but does anyone know the dimensions of the SD43 ceramic bezel insert? I am trying to figure out if this insert would work in a 40mm bezel assembly. If so, I would like to try and find one.

Thanks in advance.
That’s a hard no. The SD43 has a 43mm bezel. Two vastly different watches. Good luck

Reactions: asusundevils1971

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

Thanks in advance.
No. You want the insert from the previous Sea Dweller - 116600.

RogueWatch

Dabbling in the Rep World...
Supporter
Certified
5/10/15
USA
Hi All, I know its an older thread (but I searched!) that I am reviving for a bit of SD43 feedback between Noob and VSF and whether I'd regret saving the $200 going with the NOOB.

I usually purchase through Andrew at Trusty and am looking at (2) options for the SD43:

1. Trusty has a Noob on his site for $328 (on sale) that while using a 2824 otherwise looks really solid -- but I don't know if its V10 or late? And to be fair, I dont plan to open the caseback so would likely be happy with the 2824: https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=26813

2. He also has the VSF for $538 with the 3235. So most indicate it better but movement aside, is it truly head and shoulders above the NOOB?

Thanks in advance!

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I love how Noob had a “V10” of the SD43 when they only had one or two versions of it. Cracks me up.

To your point, the VSF 3235 is a proven and reliable 72 hour movement. However, the A2824 has the same time set direction and midnight date change, and can be upgraded to a Swiss eta.

The VSF is far more gen in accuracy and feel than the Noob. The only negative I remember on the VSF is the wrong cyclops magnification. on their XF version with A2824 the magnification was correct. Hope this helps.

Reactions: RogueWatch

RogueWatch

Supporter
Certified
5/10/15
USA
The VSF is far more gen in accuracy and feel than the Noob. The only negative I remember on the VSF is the wrong cyclops magnification. on their XF version with A2824 the magnification was correct. Hope this helps.
Yes, absolutely helps! Confirms my suspicion that even if I purchased the NOOB, I'd probably wonder "what if" alot and whether I should have spent the additional $ for VSF. Thank you!

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Worth every dollar difference from that Noob to the VSF. And you can always change the VS crystal

RogueWatch

Supporter
Certified
5/10/15
USA
Worth every dollar difference from that Noob to the VSF. And you can always change the VS crystal
Minutes after our back and forth, a VSF SD43 popped up in the M2m section. Its now on its way to me. :)

Thank you again for the thoughts above.

Reactions: m5smg2