• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE BATTLE OF THE SD43's - 126600 - ARF v3 VS Noob v10

Paladium

15/2/13
I did not write anything for or against Noob...just wanted to know if the movements in reps are ok or nothing to write home about?

i guess the movements in most reps are the same ones?
No flame, just a plain and simple question.

There is a good reason why no one bothered to reply you. We were all noobs once but I believed most of us learned it the hard way. Start reading, learning and don't expect to be spoonfed. Good luck.

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I did not write anything for or against Noob...just wanted to know if the movements in reps are ok or nothing to write home about?

He meant the you are a noob as in newbie (not Noob factory). You’re question is inappropriate in this thread.

There is a dedicated movement section in the forum. Check there.

Reto

Known Member
Certified
11/4/19
I want an SD bad but my wrist is only 6.75” ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebre

Known Member
26/12/19
Switzerland
Good Morning,

I do not understand why members prefer to flame rather than providing a rough answer because both answers consume the same amount of their precious times...

As a Noob, I can tell that there are not the same.
2813 is the cheapest with 6 Hz and noisy. But it is reliable.
2824/2836 are 8 Hz (like a Rolex), therefore it turns as genuine.
Search on the forum for SA3135, SH3135 and VR3135 for the others.

Have a nice day.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Good Morning,

I do not understand why members prefer to flame rather than providing a rough answer because both answers consume the same amount of their precious times...

As a Noob, I can tell that there are not the same.
2813 is the cheapest with 6 Hz and noisy. But it is reliable.
2824/2836 are 8 Hz (like a Rolex), therefore it turns as genuine.
Search on the forum for SA3135, SH3135 and VR3135 for the others.

Have a nice day.

Because this is a niche thread, it is a comparison of two models of SD43. I directed him to the "flame free zone" which is a suitable area where he can post such items. This isn't a thread where you should be asking, nor answering such questions. Because such questions show that a person hasn't even the slightest bit of information, instead of researching they want to be spoon-fed.

Spoon-feeding does not help anyone. They must do their own research so they are informed.

I also didn't flame him not really, it was inane drivel. As is now this reply I am forced to write.

Reactions: Dissemination

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Prof xtal wasn't bad at all Dissemination but the costs weren't that cheap for it either... I'd rather pay the extra 200 or so and get the real deal.

It is good and also Prof - Steve is a great guy! It's a great watch and funny enough I'm in the same position as you, I've lost some weight recently and I may in the future considering going to a Submariner... but we'll see! haha

Reactions: Dissemination

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Prof xtal wasn't bad at all Dissemination but the costs weren't that cheap for it either... I'd rather pay the extra 200 or so and get the real deal.

It is good and also Prof - Steve is a great guy! It's a great watch and funny enough I'm in the same position as you, I've lost some weight recently and I may in the future considering going to a Submariner... but we'll see! haha

Yeah I definitely feel you. I guess for me it depends on how much I'm gonna mod it. I've been collecting prof xtals basically for these ideas I had, but more recently am going more for frankens. Prob sell the Profs and start collecting Gens now haha. If I put the work in like you did, GEN is definitely the way to go. If I'm only swapping xtal, I think Prof might be the perfect compromise.

Ended up selling my Hulk sub and my SD43. Have a franken bluesy already and now going for a GMT franken. But I don't want to detract from this thread :)

Reactions: Sonofalich

deltatango

Horology Curious
1/2/20
Quick question about the SEL fit with the AFR at the main watch case. My AFR SD43 has a little play in the fit. It looks like the spring bar pin might be just a little small for the hole size in the SEL. If the pin was a slight bit thicker it might fit a little better and align the SEL with the case edge for that just perfect little bit of jump in height going to the case.

Anybody experience this with their watch? I wonder if there is a spring bar pin deal I can source in a slightly larger size.

jack_sparrow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20

Please let me know if you're letting your SD go! Have been looking for a hybrid.

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
To get us back on track... ARF v3 with Prof xtal
Love this thing. I lost some weight and now it looks a tad big on my wrist, imo. But one of my fave ootb reps. Stock xtal wasn't bad but of course had to upgrade the xtal anyways.

Did you install a gen date wheel? Or did the prof crystal cyclops make the ARF date font look more gen like? The font on these pics does not look like the original ARF V3 font, this appears thinner.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
@Sonofalich, thanks for taking the time to do this. I was about to hit the go button on another SubC Date, but your review swayed me to the ARF v3 SD43 instead.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
@Sonofalich, thanks for taking the time to do this. I was about to hit the go button on another SubC Date, but your review swayed me to the ARF v3 SD43 instead.

Tbh, depending on whether you want to franken or not... I'd actually say the ZZF Sub LN is the best watch you can buy out of the box right now. The SD43 is great, but needs modding imo. If you don't want to mod, go ZZF Sub.

If you don't mind some frankening go SD43 as it's a more 'rare' watch and more interesting... but it does depend on your wrist size too... if you have below 7.5" wrist, I wouldn't bother with the SD43. I have 8" wrists and it looked chunky on me, Sub is more classic.

If you want something a bit different, then I can highly recommend the old sea-dweller which is currently on sale on puretime.

https://puretimewatch.io/special-of...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824-v8.html

That's $268... absolute bargain and you don't really need to even modify it imo. It's great out of the box!

Food for thought :p

Reactions: KJ2020

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
If you want something a bit different, then I can highly recommend the old sea-dweller which is currently on sale on puretime.

https://puretimewatch.io/special-of...ition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a2824-v8.html

That's $268... absolute bargain and you don't really need to even modify it imo. It's great out of the box!

Food for thought :p

Thanks mate, but I won't be able to see the date at all on the old SD. And my wrist should accommodate the SD43 nicely.

I'll wear it as is for now, and if it ever needs servicing, I'll get mods done then. :)

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The SEL fitment on my ARF v3 is not good. The SELs sit proud of the lugs and it's very obvious to the naked eye. Not sure if this is a thing with this version or just mine, but something to look out for. Other than that, and the fat CGs, I'm loving it.
Pics of the REP:
kmjTj.jpg

kmz04.jpg

Pics of the Gen:
kmGI5.jpg

kmSXF.jpg

RandyC

17/4/19
Was planning to get the ARF V3. My V2 as well as my ARF SubC had the issue of fading of the numbers on the bezel. How many of you have faced the same on the V3?

RandyC

17/4/19
I had placed an order for the ARF V3 about a fortnight ago with my TD. He recently informed me that they aren’t available anymore with the factory and they might assemble some more in a few weeks. The TD has fulfilled a couple of my previous orders so I have no reason to not believe him. Just wanted to check if anyone has recently placed an order and received the watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk