• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE BATTLE OF THE SD43's - 126600 - ARF v3 VS Noob v10

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
Great review, always wanted the arf, only thing that puts me off any Rolex with the bezel are the bezel teeth, I know there reps but always seems the biggest tell to me, you can see the flatness in between the teeth, maybe a dremel in between would polish it up in the middle a bit lol

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Great review, always wanted the arf, only thing that puts me off any Rolex with the bezel are the bezel teeth, I know there reps but always seems the biggest tell to me, you can see the flatness in between the teeth, maybe a dremel in between would polish it up in the middle a bit lol

You can wrap a cape cod cloth around the edge of a business card or credit card - and polish the space between the teeth. This works a bit better on Noob watches than on ARF because of the way the scallops are cut. But it's still an improvement.

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
You can wrap a cape cod cloth around the edge of a business card or credit card - and polish the space between the teeth. This works a bit better on Noob watches than on ARF because of the way the scallops are cut. But it's still an improvement.

Nice mate, I got an old v6 sub I might try it :)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The noob dial has blue shades ... is it me or ?

Do you remember how we were wondering about the blue shades?

Mystery solved... nothing to do with the watch...

My new phone 'OnePlus 7t PRO' is bright blue on the back of it... I noticed this 'phenomenon' in other pictures. It's a reflection of the blue back...
haha...

Reactions: m5smg2 and Itto

zebre

Known Member
26/12/19
Switzerland
Good Morning,

I have not found such a thread concerning the DSSD D-Blue watch.
Are the Noob and ARF also the best similar replicates for the DSSD D-Blue?

Have a nice day.

DimitriL

Looking Around
14/2/20
Australia
Is the case the same size on both watches? Pure Time description says the Noob is 43 x 15 mm where as the ARF 44 x 18. I don’t know if that seems right.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Youre looking at the DSSD. Make sure you're looking at the 126600 for both. You're not. And this isn't the right place to post this either.

Vicar69

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/17
London, UK
Got my gen this week. Just sayin.
;)
a503f33cdb5bceaa8a9b2a02b474fbbd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Vicar69 if i remembered correctly, u do have a franken sd43 too right? Lol

Mr.DK

Horology Curious
17/2/20
At first I was so close to order an ARF V3 Sea Dweller rep, but now I'm sure not that won't be a dissapointing experience?
After reading some feedbacks from rep owners I have a feeling that the mechanical parts are relatively unstable and shortlived?
I mean are my expectations too high if I imagine a watch which will last for years without headache?
How good are the reps when it comes to keeping time?

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
At first I was so close to order an ARF V3 Sea Dweller rep, but now I'm sure not that won't be a dissapointing experience?
After reading some feedbacks from rep owners I have a feeling that the mechanical parts are relatively unstable and shortlived?
I mean are my expectations too high if I imagine a watch which will last for years without headache?
How good are the reps when it comes to keeping time?

This isn't the right place for this drivel, flame-free, noob zone is where you should be posting this inane garbage.

Reactions: Chroniker

Vicar69

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
29/7/17
London, UK
Vicar69 if i remembered correctly, u do have a franken sd43 too right? Lol

I do indeed. It’s with ssteel atm being polished. But when it’s back I’ll do some comparison shots before I sell it.
It’s such a hybrid of arf noob and gen I am not sure how much comparison value there is but there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.DK

Horology Curious
17/2/20
This isn't the right place for this drivel, flame-free, noob zone is where you should be posting this inane garbage.

I did not write anything for or against Noob...just wanted to know if the movements in reps are ok or nothing to write home about?

i guess the movements in most reps are the same ones?
No flame, just a plain and simple question.

Reactions: bvman

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Nice! Cant wait to see the comparison on the franken vs gen! :)

Reactions: Vicar69