• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE BATTLE OF THE SD43's - 126600 - ARF v3 VS Noob v10

Rex-T

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/19
Thanks for review. Arf bezel and insert are soo bad, better in noob. Anyone know if noob bezel and insert fit into arf case?

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Thanks for review. Arf bezel and insert are soo bad, better in noob. Anyone know if noob bezel and insert fit into arf case?

It really isn't bad in real life the ARF bezel lume pip is correct, noob insert is better though. I think the insert would fit, but the assembly would not.

Rex-T

26/7/19
It really isn't bad in real life the ARF bezel lume pip is correct, noob insert is better though. I think the insert would fit, but the assembly would not.

I agree with you. Lume pip is correct but bezel shape it’snt. I’d like to swap out the arf bezel for noob bezel assembly. Why the assembly would not fit? Anyone have more information about this?

that’s my arf v3

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Amazing review. Is it just me or does the ARF dial seem almost sharper in the first few pictures?

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
I thought the bezel teeth on the ARF V3 were slightly fatter (less pointy)? These look like V2 bezels. Unless I’ve got it backwards.

lukeskymike

Horology Curious
30/1/20
Espa?a
I love the ARF version on this watch. Being honest, maybe the noob bezel is more similar to the gen because the numbers on the ARF are a bit bigger than what they should be. But I really like how they look, so, as strange as it sounds, I prefer how the ARF watch looks rather than the gen.

StremTom1985

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/9/19
This is fantastic. I’m beginning to find a preference generally for ARF watches over Noob. There is a slightly higher feeling of build quality.

I am still holding out for my ARF GMT 3186 so will let everyone know where my feelings lie on that when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
This is fantastic. I’m beginning to find a preference generally for ARF watches over Noob. There is a slightly higher feeling of build quality.

I am still holding out for my ARF GMT 3186 so will let everyone know where my feelings lie on that when it arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly.. you could buy either of these watches and have the same experience. They are so close... ARF wins by a hair... but noob has better dial/hands... so meh. Pick either!

MrBrock

19/6/07
I have what I believe is an ARF V3 from a TD upgraded with Swiss ETA and alignment mods etc...... Love the watch, super-accurate, overall stunning except for very sharp bezel teeth. I could grate cheese with it. When I emailed my TD to query this he conceded this was a very common problem with the ARF's. Is this true or is he just blowing me off? Thanks in advance for any replies.......

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I have what I believe is an ARF V3 from a TD upgraded with Swiss ETA and alignment mods etc...... Love the watch, super-accurate, overall stunning except for very sharp bezel teeth. I could grate cheese with it. When I emailed my TD to query this he conceded this was a very common problem with the ARF's. Is this true or is he just blowing me off? Thanks in advance for any replies.......

V2's were sharper than V3s... my v3 is quite sharp... but not too bad really. You could do the sand paper mod, and shave it down slightly. If you feel comfortable removing the bezel.

Reactions: MrBrock

MrBrock

19/6/07
V2's were sharper than V3s... my v3 is quite sharp... but not too bad really. You could do the sand paper mod, and shave it down slightly. If you feel comfortable removing the bezel.

Ok thanks for that....... I probably have a V2 as they are very sharp. I just live with it as I'm no good with mods etc.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Sonofalich great review friend. Thank you for this.

I’ve never had the Noob, but every ARF version and I would ask you about the Noob dial color. Like the gen, the ARF dials goes positivity matte black in direct sun, almost brown, like a vintage tropic dial. It’s a very cool effect that the gen has and the ARF dial reproduces well :)
ca53f0b17e9d3670ad35a1f806ef0121.plist

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwiguy