• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VR3185 into Noob BLRO A3285

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I have not seen any autowind issues bro, but that would certainly seem to be your culprit. As much as you've got into your Franken I would think a gen autowind assembly including rotor would be the final topper, for your showstopper, haha.

So this would improve power reserve? Or ability to accurately keep time? Or both? Doing some research now but not quite sure if I'm full understanding. The technical bits sometimes elude me lol.

jumpope

Supporter
Certified
3/12/09
Nashville, USA
literally laughed out loud. I'm pretty honest about my hobby with my friends. Half of them think I'm crazy. Anyways, maybe there should be a sub forum with a 12 step program lol.

That’s what I’m talking about. We, literally, need help. I’ve been on these fora for 10-11 years and there are those who are no longer with us. I just wonder what kind of mental facility they could afford after they spent all their money on the these watches. Or maybe their wives took them for all they had because of this insane hobby.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
That’s what I’m talking about. We, literally, need help. I’ve been on these fora for 10-11 years and there are those who are no longer with us. I just wonder what kind of mental facility they could afford after they spent all their money on the these watches. Or maybe their wives took them for all they had because of this insane hobby.

Honestly, I do have to say I think its really fun though. But balance is everything. Healthy balance of gens, frankens, and reps. Besides, rolex parts do retain and gain value sometimes. I think the the scrupulous franken can come out ahead compared to even buying gens. Impulse control is important... especially in this hobby :popcorn:

Edit: depends on what gens you're buying and how scrupulous/ impulsive you are with those purchases too

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
literally laughed out loud. I'm pretty honest about my hobby with my friends. Half of them think I'm crazy. Anyways, maybe there should be a sub forum with a 12 step program lol.

Yep, people I know who I’ve shared with think it’s rediculous. Just buy a gen they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So this would improve power reserve? Or ability to accurately keep time? Or both? Doing some research now but not quite sure if I'm full understanding. The technical bits sometimes elude me lol.

Not so much to do with timekeeping bro, except that the watch will start to slow down and have low amp when the power reserve is low. But with 3135 (and 3135 base) reps, the autowind systems are weak. More so with SH's which members have been replacing with gen parts for a long time. Not the first I've heard of a VR needing it, but yeah it will become the strongest link in the PR chain instead of the weakest.

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
VR3185 transplanted into a Noob Pepsi. Works like a charm!
E8746AB6-CE9B-4B57-9E3C-E9D5D6F406D91521d13e44a20cf1.jpg

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
So what about the stem height and the movement holder ring ? And the hands ?

Domi I am guessing did the job ?

Yes Domi did the job. I only know that he had to adjust the hands base a little bit. That‘s it.