• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 116610LV SUBMARINER FULL REVIEW !!!!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Not correct anymore. They have updated the sa3135 and are again using it in noob. Saying that the v10 sub with the sa3135 is so far running flawlessly

With the updated SA3135, do you know if it's easier to swap a gen date disc in?

brandan_20

19/10/11
I guess I will have to wait until CNY is over to ask the TD what movement SA or VR is in th ZZF V2. Also, does the ZZF use the Clean Factory bezel?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

shortlegs

31/5/19
I guess I will have to wait until CNY is over to ask the TD what movement SA or VR is in th ZZF V2. Also, does the ZZF use the Clean Factory bezel?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Not sure why you would have to ask the TD when it has been answered several times above. The ZZF V2 uses the VR3135.

And yes, ZZF gets their bezel from CF.

Reactions: kloc123

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Not sure why you would have to ask the TD when it has been answered several times above. The ZZF V2 uses the VR3135.

Despite that, Andrew lists the ZZF V2 as a SA3135 movement. I know, not a TD but still made me wonder.

Astro55

Known Member
6/11/19
Do or do not. There is no try.

Always (always) liase directly with your TD on what you want. If something goes south and they told you it was a SA3135 (or SH) no amount of pointing at the forum is going to change the fact that they were upfront with you from day 1. In all honesty, no one knows whether ZZF are currently ALSO using SH movements and VR movements in their watches.

Forums are great to get guidance on matters but always try and get your info straight from the horses mouth ie: your TD.

Last edited:

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Anyone have issues with their movements?

Mine is running fine, but I can’t wind it. Went to wear it today, and when I wind it, it is it rough and the watch vibrates as if something heavy is spinning.

VaderTime

9/10/17
Anyone have issues with their movements?

Mine is running fine, but I can’t wind it. Went to wear it today, and when I wind it, it is it rough and the watch vibrates as if something heavy is spinning.

Mine wasn’t able to auto change date at 12am, my Watchsmith said it was missing a jewel on the date change wheel during service. Just take your watch to service, shouldn’t be a problem.

miah786

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/7/17
Hey guys sorry I don’t know whether this is thread crapping if yes then I’ll delete right away but I saw this story from a very well known watch IG @rolexdiver and I’m not questioning whether this is a legit hulk. But were the date discs so thicc on gen watches? Maybe in the earlier years of hulk? Anyone can tell me lol..

Pics for reference

c11751e14d47c3ad101dcf82bb251b31.png
b7ba7d512ed2dfc0425f34217d8a8975.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Above Is An ARF!

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Hey guys sorry I don’t know whether this is thread crapping if yes then I’ll delete right away but I saw this story from a very well known watch IG @rolexdiver and I’m not questioning whether this is a legit hulk. But were the date discs so thicc on gen watches? Maybe in the earlier years of hulk? Anyone can tell me lol..

Pics for reference

c11751e14d47c3ad101dcf82bb251b31.png
b7ba7d512ed2dfc0425f34217d8a8975.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, too had my suspicions. But seeing older subs from other people both in person and from online photos, it would suggest that it is gen. and he is well known after all. Not to mention he regularly dives with his watches. So I see no reason for it to not be gen.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
The fact that sometimes there is discussion of macro shots, regarding if a watch is gen or not, just comes to show how good these reps have become in the last couple of years. For us watch lovers, this is a fantastic time and I'm loving it. Only problem is, how will I finance the addiction? Gotta think of something... :confused:

Reactions: jcher and kloc123

VaderTime

9/10/17
Just got my watch back from service and took some pics to share with you guys KJ2020 TYL88 smoke
Here's the ZZF with Gen dw, xtal, hands, crown, tube, stem, ARF bracelet.

The insert came off so I had a chance to take a pic of the zzf friction insert.

Here's the zzf/cf insert with friction ring

Friction ring front

Friction ring back

Friction side

Gen dw and xtal

zzf dw and xtal on my old v9 (compared to gen dw and xtal, the zzf is very good but not as crystal clear as you can see, a bit cloudy).

Gen dw, xtal in light

Gen hands with zzf/cf dial lume, the color is perfect to me

Don't know what I forgot, but this is it for now lol

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just got my watch back from service and took some pics to share with you guys KJ2020 TYL88 smoke

The insert came off so I had a chance to take a pic of the zzf friction insert.

Don't know what I forgot, but this is it for now lol

Really nice bro, appreciate the extra pics of the friction ring. The gen hands look great, the hour hand is a noticeable improvement, and the lume match is no issue at all. Congrats, looks like you made the right choices!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18

Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up. Looks amazing, wear in good health!!

Mine is with watchmaker, very similar mods as yours.

Reactions: KJ2020

VaderTime

9/10/17
Really nice bro, appreciate the extra pics of the friction ring. The gen hands look great, the hour hand is a noticeable improvement, and the lume match is no issue at all. Congrats, looks like you made the right choices!

Thank you for the kind words as always! with this watch, I realized that I shouldn't service my watches since I'll be swapping it out after a new version comes out. They have good marketing strategies lol

Thanks for sharing the pics and write-up. Looks amazing, wear in good health!!

Mine is with watchmaker, very similar mods as yours.

Thank you sir, the watch looks amazing, I'm certain yours will be amazing as well!!

Reactions: KJ2020

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
Wow stunning bro!
Any daylight pics to see the white plots white color compared to the gen hands please?

I'm installing the CF dial on my franken too. Such a great mod.

VaderTime

Reactions: VaderTime