• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 116610LV SUBMARINER FULL REVIEW !!!!

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
I wonder why they engraved this "x" in the rehault ...
without this it would have been perfect.

The X serial number is not great, but I think we forget these are macro images. There is no way anyone would notice the X serial without magnification.

Reactions: QRoll

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
The X serial number is not great, but I think we forget these are macro images. There is no way anyone would notice the X serial without magnification.

It's at the point now though that things like this is what wins the fight between makers , And tbh something like this to me is a bigger deal that lugs being ever so slightly off, I mean all you have to do is look at a pic and if its starts with that serial off to the side and the X is weirdly close to the Rolex X it's a ZZF ha.

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
It's at the point now though that things like this is what wins the fight between makers , And tbh something like this to me is a bigger deal that lugs being ever so slightly off, I mean all you have to do is look at a pic and if its starts with that serial off to the side and the X is weirdly close to the Rolex X it's a ZZF ha.

Makers like ARF, NOOB and ZZF are making excellent watches and flaws determine the difference between good and a great.

Regarding the serial numbers, the XX could Identify a watch as a ZZF. Its also possible a Gen serial number beginning with X could exist however, I've never seen one so can't say. Thus considering ZZFs all start with X it's a safe assumption that a person with knowledge could immediately recognize a ZZF.

The point I was trying to convey is the rehaut and the subsequent numbers are so small it's not possible to see without a macro picture or magnification. Therefore, not likely a flaw someone would call out.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Makers like ARF, NOOB and ZZF are making excellent watches and flaws determine the difference between good and a great.

Regarding the serial numbers, the XX could Identify a watch as a ZZF. Its also possible a Gen serial number beginning with X could exist however, I've never seen one so can't say. Thus considering ZZFs all start with X it's a safe assumption that a person with knowledge could immediately recognize a ZZF.

The point I was trying to convey is the rehaut and the subsequent numbers are so small it's not possible to see without a macro picture or magnification. Therefore, not likely a flaw someone would call out.

I dont know about you but I can see it by eye easily, especially more than a slight degree of difference in a lug.

Reactions: monkeyrep

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

its not that it starts with a x is the first 4 or5 didgets are the same on all zzf subs

QRoll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18

this is true, but it makes it much easier to recognize in the hands of an expert ...
it seems that there is written "rolexx" ...
the second x is too close, at least they had made it more spaced.

audiwt

25/5/18
this is true, but it makes it much easier to recognize in the hands of an expert ...

And why you don’t say it is a Rep? Or would you scam yourself and others?

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

QRoll

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/18
And why you don’t say it is a Rep? Or would you scam yourself and others?

Gesendet von iPhone XR mit Tapatalk

I don't cheat myself or others.
I like to see the most precise things possible, and this watch is almost perfect.

do you buy rep to say around that they're rep?

Reactions: up2wind and JDM180

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
it seems that there is written "rolexx" ...
the second x is too close, at least they had made it more spaced.

Correct the spacing is way off like I mentioned also

Reactions: monkeyrep

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Anyone else in the UK still waiting for last weeks (qc and despatch on Jan 15th) Jtime drop? Mine left China on the 17th and that’s the last I’ve heard. All my many other similar purchases would be reliably in the uk by now. Just me?