• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF 116610LV SUBMARINER FULL REVIEW !!!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Thank you really appreciate that

Ive noticed that all zzf subs serial starts with X7L2 someone else mentioned it earlier and they were right.im not too bothered but I would prefer it if they were random.its like gmf bp and vrf all there serials are the same on each watch :(
Are they all the same number or do they just a start off with the same combo?

This is kind of important.

Everyone with the zzf sub, what's the serial number on your watch?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Renowned Member
9/12/18
Re bracelet switcheroo. FYI I couldn’t get my Noob bracelet (V8 114060 no date) to fit my V2 zzf 116610ln. Spring bars just wouldn’t clip into place, tried both noob spring bars and zzf. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

V happy with the zzf one though and SEL recess is fine on mine anyway.

Oh, and day 10 since payment for LV with jtime and still awaiting QC. Struggle is real. (This is not a slight on jtime at all of course. As we all know Li is the bomb and demand is beating supply on this one)

I just got an update from Li, he received 30 watches from the factory. Sadly, I am the 33rd on the list.....I made my payment on Jan 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Are they all the same number or do they just a start off with the same combo?

This is kind of important.

Everyone with the zzf sub, what's the serial number on your watch?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think they just start off with the same combo , but starting with an X just looks bad like its a misprint of the ROLEX engraving , Plus I'm sure I read somewhere that X serial cases are used for RSC replacements

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
I just got an update from Li, he received 30 watches from the factory. Sadly, I am the 33rd on the list.....I made my payment on Jan 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks dude, sounds like yours will be happening soon and perhaps I can expect QC tomorrow...

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thanks dude, sounds like yours will be happening soon and perhaps I can expect QC tomorrow...

If it helps, I got my QC pics on Jan 6. Initial payment made on Dec 18 (was for ARF Hulk) and then order changed to ZZF on Dec 24.

I think demand is more than supply and Li is probably the only TD with this watch now. He has been a pleasure to deal with so far - Professional, communicates instantly and kept me updated.

tallapul37

Horology Curious
7/4/09

Fingers crossed I got into the 30, payment sent on the 30th Dec.

PoptheC

18/5/13
Need expert opinion on my QC photos. Is the cyclops misaligned? On one photo it seems fine but not the other one. Could it be camera angle?
2cd4803950a905c7805a4bb23a07eedd.jpg
0f1a1d0700685880cd0d84993087b67f.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Need expert opinion on my QC photos. Is the cyclops misaligned? On one photo it seems fine but not the other one. Could it be camera angle?
2cd4803950a905c7805a4bb23a07eedd.jpg
0f1a1d0700685880cd0d84993087b67f.jpg

No expert but that cyclop looks great to me

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
To answer the question i keep gettin what would I rate the ln version compared to gen out the box i would give it a solid 8 because its using black and that's not hard to relipcate.but I prefer the hulk as it's more fun

PoptheC

18/5/13
Haha....thanks guys. I have already GL

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Well I didn’t think i needed another sub, the hulk has always been tough to get right with too many obvious flaws in the past, but damn.... this new zzf has me tempted!

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Regarding the ARF bracelet swap a lot of you guys are wondering about.

The ARF sels will fit the zzf case even though the springbar won't go in both holes right away, but it will eventually do if you push it with a springbar tool.

The arf recess is similar to the zzf in my case but the gap between sel and lugs was visible.

Zzf sel doesn't have any gap at all. I barely managed to remove the sels. That's how tight mine were.

Arf sels are wrong anyway. Please observe the back of the sel. The arf sel is Curved on the back like the sel back of the old 5 digit sub.

The Gen and zzf sel is also Curved on the back but towards the case it will go flat.

Arf sel will have a slight gap on the back towards the case.

Arf links, screws and clasp are net superior over the zzf ones.

Neither bracelets have rounded link edges though.

​​​​​The best option is to swap the sels. If this can't be achieved, the next best thing is to swap the clasp only. So use the arf clasp and zzf links.

Zzf sels are badly brushed though. The brushing on the sels doesn't match the brushing of the links or the case. The bracelet brushing matches the link brushing ( excluding sels) but it's different from the Gen brushing. The Gen brushing is more fine more milky and It looks creamier so to say.

The zzf sel is actually not that brushed at all. Mine looked more sandblasted than brushed. It's like the person in charge of brushing the sel wasn't able to hit the sel side parts especially.

Arf clasp is better but still not a 100% copy of the original. The corners could have been more rounded.

​​​​​​The zzf links have more play than the arf ones. Thus the zzf bracelet will rattle a bit while the arf will be smooth. Arf bracelet is also greased properly while the zzf is not. Zzf will squeak when moving the links.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Wow, thats what i have experienced. You expressed all out in words.

And also, the arf has the marble sound whereas zzf has metallic sound.

Last edited:

Jyuuken

Horology Curious
7/1/20
Hi All,

I am really tempted to pull the trigger on a LV but I contacted Li and JTime and havent heard anything?

I know it is close to CNY but anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

tallapul37

Horology Curious
7/4/09
Hi All,

I am really tempted to pull the trigger on a LV but I contacted Li and JTime and havent heard anything?

I know it is close to CNY but anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

i received a WhatsApp message off Li today, if that’s any help