• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob 116509 Daytonas

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I know, I don't mind it. Just pointing it out. The print quality on the rest of the watch is very nice though especially on the sub dials.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Just got closer pictures of the coronet and it looks fine.

But my main concern in the original QC was the letter "O" in ROLEX and figure I'll ask for closer shots of the area and see the coronet and the "O'" at the same time.

It seems to be missing paint on the inside and the bottom of the letter is shaped weird. Everything else on the watch is great except that "O" which is on the most important line of the watch.

cHSL3.jpg

cKzGS.jpg

cKA38.jpg

cKHLQ.jpg

You should be much more concerned that this has entirely incorrect end link fitment.....

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I know and I don’t mind that either.

I’m going to use this watch for a fantasy build. I’m still deciding if I should change the mid case to a steel shaped 116500 one.

I will make my decision on that once the watch arrives.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I know and I don’t mind that either.

I’m going to use this watch for a fantasy build. I’m still deciding if I should change the mid case to a steel shaped 116500 one.

I will make my decision on that once the watch arrives.
What are you building? Mind sharing?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
I'm not building anything crazy. Just a simple silver dial Daytona with a ceramic bezel.

I always like the look of the 116519 because of the ceramic bezel but I'm not a fan of the rubber straps.

When I saw member qualityazn post his steel bracelet, silver dial, ceramic bezel Daytona in the Daytona Appreciation thread, I knew I got to make one just like it.

I will most likely get the watch serviced once it arrives so I was thinking of changing it to a 116500 case at the same time to save on cost.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I'm not building anything crazy. Just a simple silver dial Daytona with a ceramic bezel.

I always like the look of the 116519 because of the ceramic bezel but I'm not a fan of the rubber straps.

When I saw member qualityazn post his steel bracelet, silver dial, ceramic bezel Daytona in the Daytona Appreciation thread, I knew I got to make one just like it.

I will most likely get the watch serviced once it arrives so I was thinking of changing it to a 116500 case at the same time to save on cost.

Mine says hi ;-)

5B8FA40F-CEC4-4288-8153-216F2FBF0A8A666a43e802ef9f59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19
Hahaha, I have a picture of your watch on my phone and I periodically look at.

I'm guessing you have the steel shape case because the lugs asymmetrical.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hahaha, I have a picture of your watch on my phone and I periodically look at.

I'm guessing you have the steel shape case because the lugs asymmetrical.

haha

Yes I went for the steel case as the SELs are actually better

Clucky

Horology Curious
20/4/20
italy
Hello,
do you know by chance if the daytona noob 116519 4130 V3 is released? It seems so.

MadWatcher

Known Member
20/3/19

I received the watch yesterday with the CF bezel put on already and wore it all day today.

I'm starting to like the pm shape case and I don't think I will change it now. It just feels different then my other steel shape case Daytonas. It also looks bigger and symmetrical LOL.

Yes the SEL is still wrong but I like it flush anyways. This is a fantasy watch so nothing is supposed to be correct :p

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I received this beautiful daytona today and I love it already!

However the sprinbar at 6 o'clock is bended and needs to be replaced. I have tried to change it with 116500's ones but the lugholes of the 116509 bracelets are smaller. Any recommendations on the springbars I should use / buy ?

Thanks

IMG_554118fab78dd5fac534.jpg

I got the double flanged ones from cousins, I keep a stock of 18-20mm ones, I think the 20mm ones did the job

SuperFlairWoooo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/10/18
There is such a big difference between the gen dial and the noob factory dial. The “R” in Rolex looks horrible on the noob dial. And the writing on the noob dial is so squished together. Instant tell imho. Also on the racing dial some of the second markers are missing on noob compared to gen. If you look at the seconds markers around some numbers they are not there. Pointed a couple spots out in the pic. Gen is on right.

So unless you want to swap out the dial. I would stay away from most of these until they fix it. Especially for the $688 price tag.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
There is such a big difference between the gen dial and the noob factory dial. The “R” in Rolex looks horrible on the noob dial. And the writing on the noob dial is so squished together. Instant tell imho. Also on the racing dial some of the second markers are missing on noob compared to gen. If you look at the seconds markers around some numbers they are not there. Pointed a couple spots out in the pic. Gen is on right.

So unless you want to swap out the dial. I would stay away from most of these until they fix it. Especially for the $688 price tag.

Thank you for this. Will wait

Reactions: SuperFlairWoooo

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Ok I had the time today to have a closer look at that blue dial. First thing is the blue dial do not suffer from the missing second markers as you can see in the image below.

However the main text still isn’t great.... and seems smaller that the gen. Also is it me or the red lines are more purple that red?

e8de6b011add402ac1bdb21778f48065.plist

Any other opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperFlairWoooo

SuperFlairWoooo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/10/18
Blue one looks decent

Just the “R” in rolex seem very slightly off.

Here is a side by side. Left is from Chrono24 right side Noob pic from Trusty

SuperFlairWoooo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/10/18
I would also invest in a gen bezel for this. Gen bezel seems flatter than noob.