• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Noob 116509 Daytonas

edan9891

Horology Curious
26/7/19
Hong Kong
Hi all,

I have a question about the champagne dial on the new v3 iteration. Is the dial identical to the v2 champagne ceramic version? This one was not yet updated and I am dearly waiting for it... If the new champagne dial was not identical and actually improved, that would make me happy.

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Hi all,

I have a question about the champagne dial on the new v3 iteration. Is the dial identical to the v2 champagne ceramic version? This one was not yet updated and I am dearly waiting for it... If the new champagne dial was not identical and actually improved, that would make me happy.

It's the same dial. It's been discussed in the 1166519 thread, Noob's gray dial is already gen-like there are pictures of a franken Daytona with a gen dial in that thread to compare it to. There wasn't very much left to improve on that.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Noob updated all of their watches to V3s when like 1 month after they upgraded 116500 except 116520.

does that mean noob didn’t upgrade the 116520 yet?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The only thing wrong on the dial really is the donut O in rolex. Outside of that, it's pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
dial seems pretty close, it's better then the silver racing dial as it's matt black like the gen, the noob silver racing dial don't have individual sunburst on each subdials.

It have. I have 116519 noob and it have individual sunburst.

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
It have. I have 116519 noob and it have individual sunburst.

Can we see a photo of your watch? On puretime and intime, the dial photos don't seem to show the subdials having individual sunburst, just one piece sunburst dial.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can we see a photo of your watch? On puretime and intime, the dial photos don't seem to show the subdials having individual sunburst, just one piece sunburst dial.

Far more apparent to me on this Noob dial is the absence of dominant red dial and subdial tic marks and rings.

Gen black racing dial

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=423948

Gen-black-racing.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
Just received mine today, along with several others.

Not sure if this has been posted but a good overview of the gen on watchbox reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafsaAqZgRA

Looks like the previous edition where the silver sub-dials circles were exposed in silver.

Even with all the flaws, based on what I see in the video the rep is extremely impressive and I would say you would need to run into someone who has a gen or REALLY knows their Rolex's for this to be seen.

Not sure if I will hang on to it yet, I am still not sold on Daytona's... reps or gens.

Murmelstone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/19
Guys how good is that movement? I mean does it need immediate service or is t already good?

garfunkle

30/12/19
Guys how good is that movement? I mean does it need immediate service or is t already good?

The movement is great. Mine in QC was 1.3 S/D. The crown feels good. The pushers feel "okay" - not like my gen but like some of my ETA's. I was shocked. Next to a Gen you could tell but next to many other watches it would feel great.

Murmelstone

18/8/19
Is there a good video comparison of the pushers somewhere? I am actually kind of happy with my Hulk, but who knows :D

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
The movement is great. Mine in QC was 1.3 S/D. The crown feels good. The pushers feel "okay" - not like my gen but like some of my ETA's. I was shocked. Next to a Gen you could tell but next to many other watches it would feel great.

Could you share some comparaison pictures with your gen ?

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Does anyone know if the Smarty endlinks for the 116500/116520 cases will fit these cases? My intention is to install the endlinks and wear it on an Oysterflex. This would solve the issue with the wrong SELs.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Rufctr2

SRBJKU

26/9/19
Does anyone know if the Smarty endlinks for the 116500/116520 cases will fit these cases? My intention is to install the endlinks and wear it on an Oysterflex. This would solve the issue with the wrong SELs.

What do you guys think?

I think it should? Looks like the same case as my V2 116519. I was thinking the same thing, put it on an Oysterflex or a leather strap and the most obvious flaw is gone.

Reactions: Rufctr2