• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF Vintage Daytonas are nice!

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Probably raffledials? Mine felt the same way, it all went away after ultrasonic cleaning and oiling it. Now it is smooth and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Just a bit confused, i measured 19mm between lugs but in my mind 19mm bracelets were for 34 diam watches and this dayto is 36.

Has anyone already changed the bracelet and if yes have you gone for the 19mm size?

Thanks

Sent from the RWI App

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Ruby’s no idea when 6238 dial in stock again .

Shame

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
That’s a nice idea but I think that you’d have to incorporate that into some serious modding project to make it worthy of the spend on that dial.

Oh that note KJ2020 how far could we go modding this watch? Is there another movement option we can use with the case to give full gen like function and use a dial like this? Any ways in which you think we could reduce the thickness? Anything else you can think off if we were to heavily mod.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That’s a nice idea but I think that you’d have to incorporate that into some serious modding project to make it worthy of the spend on that dial.

Oh that note KJ2020 how far could we go modding this watch? Is there another movement option we can use with the case to give full gen like function and use a dial like this? Any ways in which you think we could reduce the thickness? Anything else you can think off if we were to heavily mod.

I wouldn't choose this case to mod with. There are plenty of better ones available and costs can quickly escalate if you start trying to mod vintage Daytonas. I bought this one for a "wear OOTB" experience and it has exceeded those expectations. The movement alone is worth $100 and is really great. Previous versions had the 6 o'clock subdial "bleeding" issues, where the hand would creep. Spending $700 on a dial is fine is you're doing a quality Franken from scratch but that's not something I'm interested in doing here.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I wouldn't choose this case to mod with. There are plenty of better ones available and costs can quickly escalate if you start trying to mod vintage Daytonas. I bought this one for a "wear OOTB" experience and it has exceeded those expectations. The movement alone is worth $100 and is really great. Previous versions had the 6 o'clock subdial "bleeding" issues, where the hand would creep. Spending $700 on a dial is fine is you're doing a quality Franken from scratch but that's not something I'm interested in doing here.

Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: KJ2020

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Okay regarding the 19mm lug width yes all vintage Daytonas (4 digit) have 19mm lug widths. So if you’re gonna order a bracelet or strap get the ones for the 34mm 6694s and whatnot they should fit.

also does anyone know if these JKF Daytona pusher placement is correct? I just handled a gen 6265 and the bottom pusher is very very close to where the bottom right lug is. The asymmetry of the pushers are not so apparent IRL and the length seems correct. To me I think the JKF pushers are closer to the crown compared to gen.

when I go try the gen again I’ll measure and post the measurements. But IMO the viet dials are pretty freaking close to the gen. If you can a Val 72 or 727 build with viet pushers and a custom case it’ll be near gen. Even with a loupe the only difference I can discern is the coronet which is very very delicate and thin near to the “balls”. By the way good news guys the case thickness is 14mm so these JKF thickness seems quite close, the gen mid case is thinner tho I reckon. That gives it a slimmer appearance imo

Reactions: stufuse

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

Okay that’s that then. If going that road I’d buy a better case etc.

Reactions: KJ2020

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
KJ2020 Do you know the length of the subdial hands? Im looking into new ones (goldplated) but cant seem to find any info about it.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
To give you an update about my current modding:

Just got these pictures back from our factory. I wanted to test the engraving first if there was enough detailing left as it is a very small image of the Sultan logo. Turned out great! The coin on the right has the correct size which im going to use for my final caseback.

aMUt1.jpg

aMWNj.jpg

Gen caseback:

Rolex6270-8.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 Do you know the length of the subdial hands? Im looking into new ones (goldplated) but cant seem to find any info about it.

I can try to measure them through the crystal, they should be standard ST19 size I would think. Alpha watch has a hands set for sale, I'll see if they list any sizes. I'd like to put some silver subdial hands on mine.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Ruby managed to get me a dial, sounds like I got lucky.

Subdial hand length seems same as the standard daytona, just tested a spare set of ARF hands - looks close

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Okay regarding the 19mm lug width yes all vintage Daytonas (4 digit) have 19mm lug widths. So if you’re gonna order a bracelet or strap get the ones for the 34mm 6694s and whatnot they should fit.

also does anyone know if these JKF Daytona pusher placement is correct? I just handled a gen 6265 and the bottom pusher is very very close to where the bottom right lug is. The asymmetry of the pushers are not so apparent IRL and the length seems correct. To me I think the JKF pushers are closer to the crown compared to gen.

when I go try the gen again I’ll measure and post the measurements. But IMO the viet dials are pretty freaking close to the gen. If you can a Val 72 or 727 build with viet pushers and a custom case it’ll be near gen. Even with a loupe the only difference I can discern is the coronet which is very very delicate and thin near to the “balls”. By the way good news guys the case thickness is 14mm so these JKF thickness seems quite close, the gen mid case is thinner tho I reckon. That gives it a slimmer appearance imo

Nice bit of info here, where would one get a custom case?

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Ruby managed to get me a dial, sounds like I got lucky.

Subdial hand length seems same as the standard daytona, just tested a spare set of ARF hands - looks close

Are you using the dial in the jkf? What’s the plans for mods

ssouthall6

10/10/13
Are you using the dial in the jkf? What’s the plans for mods

Just change the dial, hands and possibly crystal and lightly age it

I'm not bothered about the pusher distance etc not tryna pass it off as gen

Stuvetjee