• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF Vintage Daytonas are nice!

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
I love the steel bezel variants however, the thick cartel bezels are just a no go for me. Case has to have some serious modification to accept gen spec viet bezels for the 6239/6262/6265.

Just a FYI if anyone is looking into a proper 6265 mod

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
I love the steel bezel variants however, the thick cartel bezels are just a no go for me. Case has to have some serious modification to accept gen spec viet bezels for the 6239/6262/6265.

Just a FYI if anyone is looking into a proper 6265 mod

I think so, too.
JKF's 6265 steel bezel is 120 misaligned.
I'm looking for a good bezel.
​​​​​​​

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
What pushers have u installed? Might be the angle but they look aftermarket/ non JKF.
Thanks!

This 6265 is a JKF that arrived in October of this year.
I just replaced the Clark crystals and no other modifications.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Yes, sold it meanwhile.
Alright.. thought they’re aftermarket, must have been the angle.

Looks good nevertheless!

Planning on building me a new one the next weeks..

I would like to have a 6265 black dial with a well-made steel bezel.

Your work is very nice.

I would love to see it when it is finished.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
JKF's 6265 steel bezel is not very well made.
Oh yes, I completely agree the JKF bezel is poor. But I didn’t understand when you said, “JKF's 6265 steel bezel is 120 misaligned.” However, since re-reading, I now realise you meant the 120 marker is misaligned. It’s also very common to get one where the UNITS PER HOUR is missing a space and reads as UNITSPER. Which really annoys me too.

I have a nice VN 6239 build by Slay with an excellent SS bezel, but I don’t know his source - he described it as “aftermarket”. The guys round here who have a good relationship with VN suppliers seem reluctant to share intel. Understandable, I guess.

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
Oh yes, I completely agree the JKF bezel is poor. But I didn’t understand when you said, “JKF's 6265 steel bezel is 120 misaligned.” However, since re-reading, I now realise you meant the 120 marker is misaligned. It’s also very common to get one where the UNITS PER HOUR is missing a space and reads as UNITSPER. Which really annoys me too.

I have a nice VN 6239 build by Slay with an excellent SS bezel, but I don’t know his source - he described it as “aftermarket”. The guys round here who have a good relationship with VN suppliers seem reluctant to share intel. Understandable, I guess.

I completely agree with your opinion.

Rubies and other bezels are not suitable for JKF.
I read in a thread that CNC machining is required.

I don't have the skills to do that so I ask RWI members to do it for me.

I have a 4 digit Daytona made by d4v3 and yodog and I admire your wonderful collection.

Reactions: p0pperini

Pezzie1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/20
Ah, gotcha! Well I won't mess up this thread posting Subs here as the subject is "aren't JKF Daytonas nice" (answer - some of them are, but some are also a bit dodgy-looking...) ;)

I've got a 5512 (white dial print, ft first), 1665 double red coming now, along with the 1680 (all A2813 at $100 a pop). I just approved the QC pics for the two replacing the Daytona tonight. Another nice trio of vintagizing projects... :D Tonight I've stripped a 6538 (also from M) that'll be going in the big tupperware container of rocks and screws tomorrow...

I’m also looking for either a double red or a red 1680. Where did you purchase yours from? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’m also looking for either a double red or a red 1680. Where did you purchase yours from? Thanks!!
I get all my JKF watches from RWI TD Marvellous Replica. (I did hear that recent batches are head only, as the bracelet maker has been closed down or stopped producing them. Not sure if that's still the case.)

Oh, and I just noticed the time - Happy New Year to JKF fans and everyone else at RWI!

Reactions: RLNW