• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF Vintage Daytonas are nice!

cf-blue

Known Member
21/3/21
Dear KJ2020

A big thank you !

Today received my 6263 from Marvelous, I am blown away.

ZElvY8.jpg

Be well,
Cheers

P.S. I am sure that I could modify the watch to be more similar to genuine, but for $240 with shipping, the watch is 90% of the 6263 experience.
This is the pleasure of replica watches for me, getting to experience these watches for a small percentage of the genuine cost.
Very nice indeed.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

rolexdada

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/11/15
I was having a chat with a TD and apparently there's a factory called SNF that also make these vintage Daytonas. Only reason I found this out is I tried ordering a JKF and he said he won't sell them.

Will share pictures when I receive QC's

hi, did you receive QC's? :)

MarcMC

Horology Curious
31/3/21
Dear KJ2020

A big thank you !

Today received my 6263 from Marvelous, I am blown away.

ZElvY8.jpg

Be well,
Cheers

P.S. I am sure that I could modify the watch to be more similar to genuine, but for $240 with shipping, the watch is 90% of the 6263 experience.
This is the pleasure of replica watches for me, getting to experience these watches for a small percentage of the genuine cost.

Beautiful watch sir. It looks really slim, after that picture i'm really consediring buying the same one. What's the thickness on this beauty?

Hamsterguy67

Horology Curious
9/7/21
With Crystal about 14.5mm but that’s because of the tall acrylic crystal. Don’t worry, it wears really nicely on the wrist :).
Interesting….the ST19 should be thinner than the automatic 7750 version I have which is 15mm from trusty (that has bleeding silver subdials btw - black version) but that’s barely any difference. FYI for the board.

I fear the only route to a thinner 6263 is mods. Search doesn't turn up much......does anybody have leads/links to threads where the 6263 from Marv was used as a base for a mod/movement swap expressly to get things thinner?

Last edited:

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Interesting….the ST19 should be thinner than the automatic 7750 version I have which is 15mm from trusty (that has bleeding silver subdials btw - black version) but that’s barely any difference. FYI for the board.

I fear the only route to a thinner 6263 is mods. Search doesn't turn up much......does anybody have leads/links to threads where the 6263 from Marv was used as a base for a mod/movement swap expressly to get things thinner?

OKay dude I saw your other post, I have handled and owned a couple of 4 digit daytonas and I'm gonna say with the crystal its 13-14mm so no matter what they're thick bois. The thickness doesn't really matter tho because the midcase is what gives the Daytona it's perceived thinness and that's where you'll have to go down the val 72 route with a viet case. The mid case for the viet case is thinner than the cartel ones. The viet case is also gen spec and my val 72 and st19 daytonas are essentially the same thickness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamsterguy67

Hamsterguy67

Horology Curious
9/7/21
OKay dude I saw your other post, I have handled and owned a couple of 4 digit daytonas and I'm gonna say with the crystal its 13-14mm so no matter what they're thick bois. The thickness doesn't really matter tho because the midcase is what gives the Daytona it's perceived thinness and that's where you'll have to go down the val 72 route with a viet case. The mid case for the viet case is thinner than the cartel ones. The viet case is also gen spec and my val 72 and st19 daytonas are essentially the same thickness.

Appreciate the info. Ok so it seems yes - gens are thick anyway. And the Viet case with 72 will have a thinner mid case. But still the overall thickness of that and any st19 ones are same thickness anyway (probably some minor variance). If I read that right? Thanks again

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
I realize this is an odd request, but would someone who has successfully paid Marvellousreplica before be willing to submit an order for me? I'll pay you an extra $20 over the price. I can't get the app he wants me to use to pay him to work, and I don't want to use btc

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I realize this is an odd request, but would someone who has successfully paid Marvellousreplica before be willing to submit an order for me? I'll pay you an extra $20 over the price. I can't get the app he wants me to use to pay him to work, and I don't want to use btc

He would probably take Western Union payment

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party

brother use transferwise its really easy and secure its wise.com on your desktop a lot of members use it here and TDs offer a discount

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Hey all, I ordered a 6263 Big Red from Marv and am looking forward to it!

Anyone know or remember if a PN 6241 exists? The one with the black acrylic bezel and pump pushers (not screw down). Ideally with the Seagull movement not the 7750 for thickness. I see it mentioned many, many pages ago, but can’t find it on TS, Trusty, or any of the usual sites. Thanks in advance for the help in tracking it down!

well on Marv's sales page the sixth watch down is probably the closest, except that it as the "ROC" dial.

TS used to have them all up but I guess their website is down.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
well on Marv's sales page the sixth watch down is probably the closest, except that it as the "ROC" dial.
TS used to have them all up but I guess their website is down.

The subdial sizes have always been a little off on those JKF Paul Newman dials, primarily the 6 o'clock subdial looks bad due to merging with the chapter ring. The 6 o'clock lume pip is inside the 6 subdial. Marv is still showing the old batch pics, which has the subdials too big. JKF is now using a different batch, and these went too far the other way and are now too small.

Old batch
jjErhL.jpg

Current batch

jjvyjk.jpg

Gen dial
jjECX1.jpg

Here's a new batch dial next to the gen

jjv1Oo.jpg

Some rep dials attempt to camouflage the smaller subdials by using a thicker chapter ring. The quartz model subdials all work, with running seconds at 6, chrono minutes at 9, and a 24 hour repeater at 3. Dial text on the one shown below was sanitized in the ad but is present on actual samples.

jjEssb.jpg

-

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What other dealer carries these new JKF Daytonas?

Any TD should be able get them. TDs usually dont keep much stock on hand if any. They usually order from the factory after we pay. Send a picture or link of the watch you want to your TD of choice.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
The subdial sizes have always been a little off on those JKF Paul Newman dials, primarily the 6 o'clock subdial looks bad due to merging with the chapter ring. The 6 o'clock lume pip is inside the 6 subdial. Marv is still showing the old batch pics, which has the subdials too big. JKF is now using a different batch, and these went too far the other way and are now too small.

Old batch
jjErhL.jpg

Current batch

jjvyjk.jpg

Gen dial
jjECX1.jpg

Here's a new batch dial next to the gen

jjv1Oo.jpg

Some rep dials attempt to camouflage the smaller subdials by using a thicker chapter ring. The quartz model subdials all work, with running seconds at 6, chrono minutes at 9, and a 24 hour repeater at 3. Dial text on the one shown below was sanitized in the ad but is present on actual samples.

jjEssb.jpg

-

Yeh my Panda has the new batch with the smaller subdials.
If given the choice I would have gone with the old batch but for the price I really don't care.
It;s either spending a million dollars on the real thing, spending a couple - as in 4 or 5 - of thousand on a heavily modded one, or just be happy with the one I got for $250 or whatever it was from Nembo.
They say "quality is remembered long after the price has been forgotten" but there is a limit to that LOL!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Yeah the new batch of JKF PN dials is not terrible, I was just mentioning that's it's off a little and different from what Marv still advertises. I sure miss window shopping at TSWATCHES, they were pretty much the best when it came to accurate, updated, and exhaustive listings.

Reactions: RiffRalf