• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Rolex GMT movements explained

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks bro for this great review.

I have read somewhere, that the 2824 (CHS for 5/6 digit) has been upgraded to 2836 CHS to be more reliable on 5/6 digits. So basically there can be existing both. Can you confirm this?

Not true, at least from what I've worked on. The new $700 Noob Pepsi has the same 2824 timebomb that's been around for years. So I would say if they don't have it nobody does.

The 2836 is too tall to accommodate the additional height needed for the CHS jumping hour click spring (JHCS). That's why it wasn't used in the first place.

Stem heights
2824: 1.8mm
2836: 2.25mm

Last edited:

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Not true, at least from what I've worked on. The new $700 Noob Pepsi has the same 2824 timebomb that's been around for years. So I would say if they don't have it nobody does.

The 2836 is too tall to accommodate the additional height needed for the CHS jumping hour click spring (JHCS). That's why it wasn't used in the first place.

Stem heights
2824: 1.8mm
2836: 2.25mm

Great to know
Happy new year;)

Reactions: KJ2020

KSolid21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
So thankful for this post. It’s given me the confidence to consider getting a BLNR VRF.

psandb

Known Member
5/8/19
Italia
hi guys, congratulations for your explanations, Unfortunately I DO NOT understand anything about watches and I would like to buy a gmt 2 that works and that is as faithful as possible, maybe then I will change the glass or the date. Could you publish a couple of links with the three best gmt so I evaluate the aesthetics and buy? Thanks so much

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
hi guys, congratulations for your explanations, Unfortunately I DO NOT understand anything about watches and I would like to buy a gmt 2 that works and that is as faithful as possible, maybe then I will change the glass or the date. Could you publish a couple of links with the three best gmt so I evaluate the aesthetics and buy? Thanks so much

Go to any TD website and look for the GMTs. You're going to want to look for the terms "ICHS" (incorrect handstack). It will be an a2836 movmement. That is the only sure-fire reliable movement that is tried and true.

everything else is subjective. No such thing as "best." Other than that, I strongly encourage you to read up some more... I understand if it is overwhelming, but the answer to your question was exactly what was being discussed in this thread. Hope that helps.

Edit: if you search and are still confused, I'm sure myself or others will be happy to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: psandb and KJ2020

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
KJ2020 - Amazing article, definitely a sticky. This is the first article that GMT faithfuls (like me) should read.

Well drafted, easy to comprehend and very informative...kudos to you!!

psandb

Known Member
5/8/19
Italia
Go to any TD website and look for the GMTs. You're going to want to look for the terms "ICHS" (incorrect handstack). It will be an a2836 movmement. That is the only sure-fire reliable movement that is tried and true.

everything else is subjective. No such thing as "best." Other than that, I strongly encourage you to read up some more... I understand if it is overwhelming, but the answer to your question was exactly what was being discussed in this thread. Hope that helps.

Edit: if you search and are still confused, I'm sure myself or others will be happy to help.

Thanks a lot ... now I still working with a 116610 changed DW and Glass may be Insert and than following yours advice I'll start with gmt ...... :)

Reactions: Dissemination

rwatch0

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
12/11/16
Belgium
Kudos to you for making such an informative and easy to read piece on these (complicated) GMT's. There's so many different versions and models out there, very well done!
I learned so much reading it, am sure I will (have to) get back to it to look things up again, impossible to memorize eveything in one time, if ever lol.

Thanks KJ, respect!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just to be clear, the pic of a Time Bomb 2824 is the one with parts outlined in red ?

The red outlined part is showing you how to identify a movement as a clone ETA. That's half the solution. The other half is where is the GMT hand in the stack?

A2824 CHS Timebomb - Hour hand is on the bottom of the stack, GMT hand is next above it
A2836 ICHS Safe Bet - GMT hand is on the bottom of the stack

Carbon Summit

Renowned Member
10/12/19
United States
OK that explains my confusion, they all looked so similar just going by the pictures on different TDs websites. Thanks KJ202!!!

Last edited:

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
If only VRF would release the BLNR with the jubilee! I’ve wanted to buy a jubilee Batman for a long time now but the movements always scared me. PM’d KJ a while back and he said the VRF with the SA3186 movement was the way to go, but VRF only had the oyster bracelet option. Does anyone know of a TD selling a jubilee that will fit the VRF? Hate to order a watch and then a different bracelet, but that seems to be my only choice for now?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Mrgkman

Known Member
13/8/18
If only VRF would release the BLNR with the jubilee! I’ve wanted to buy a jubilee Batman for a long time now but the movements always scared me. PM’d KJ a while back and he said the VRF with the SA3186 movement was the way to go. However, VRF only has the oyster bracelet option. Does anyone know of a TD selling a jubilee that will fit the VRF? Hate to order a watch and then a different bracelet, but that seems to be my only choice for now?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If only VRF would release the BLNR with the jubilee! I’ve wanted to buy a jubilee Batman for a long time now but the movements always scared me. PM’d KJ a while back and he said the VRF with the SA3186 movement was the way to go. However, VRF only has the oyster bracelet option. Does anyone know of a TD selling a jubilee that will fit the VRF? Hate to order a watch and then a different bracelet, but that seems to be my only choice for now?

Just for clarity, the movements are

ARF ‐ SH3186
VRF - VR3185

Both movements benefit from replacing the jump click with a gen part. The ARF movement is recommended to have 2 additional gen parts.

Additionally, the VRF movement has emerged as the preferred choice as a better option. More info here if interested.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...16710ln-clone-3186-gamechanging-battle/page20

Mrgkman IDK of anyone who has put a Jubilee on a VRF Batman case yet, other than one that came that way from a non-TD to a member, but I think that was a GMF case (long story) here VRF Batman released

Popular choices for a Jubilee are - Noob, GMF, or BP. IIRC mega12 put a Jubilee on his VRF LN so maybe can chime in on which bracelet he used.

Keep in mind for the BLNR to be correct with a Jubilee it should have a double coronet dial (VRF BLNR dial does not) but ofc you can do it however you like.