Rep Rolex GMT movements explained

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shortlegs View Post

I was about to post a scathing reply to him. You are obviously a nicer person than I, ha..
    we were once new, though I am still haha

Comment

Thank you for your detailed post!

Comment

I may be looking for a unicorn, but does anybody know of a 5-digit case set that would fit a VR3186?

I think the potential problem I may run into is the 3186 movement height which is 0.5 mm taller than 3135 (where there are quite a few options for 5-digit case sets).

Comment

Great post. It would be even greater if it included the Explorer models that also have a GMT hand

Comment

Thank you for one of the most helpful and instructive bit of advice I have read on this site

Comment

Originally posted by John Abel View Post
              Great post. It would be even greater if it included the Explorer models that also have a GMT hand
              Stock from the rep factories,

4 digit Explorers with GMT hands are only available CHS since the gen GMT hand is on the bottom.

CHS
              2813/3804

5 digit Explorers with GMT hands are available CHS or ICHS exactly the same as GMTs.

ICHS
              2813/3804

CHS
              3804 (not recommended, movement is unreliable with this mod)

6 digit Explorers with GMT hands are available CHS or ICHS but none have been fitted with the new superclone movements yet (VR/SH/SA 3185/6). Most 6 digit models have the fake (correct) engraving 3187.

ICHS
              2813/3804

CHS
              2824 timebomb
              3804 (not recommended, movement is unreliable with this mod)

So you can see there is very little difference between the GMT and Explorer models regarding rep movement choices.
              Last edited by KJ2020; 14-08-20, 15:21.
              We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
              GMT Movements Explained
              BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
              Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
              The Fantasy Watch Thread
              Noob GMT's poor bezel design
              Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                CHS
                2824 timebomb
                KJ2020, Ive seen your name a whole boatload of times today. I have a Noob 216570 with CHS A3187. As a project I would really like to try to swap it with a VRF 3186. I think you have the most knowledge on this subject, would it be possible to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by KeesKnakworst View Post

KJ2020, Ive seen your name a whole boatload of times today. I have a Noob 216570 with CHS A3187. As a project I would really like to try to swap it with a VRF 3186. I think you have the most knowledge on this subject, would it be possible to do this?
                  Answered here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...noob-chs-a3187
                  GMT Movements Explained
                  The Fantasy Watch Thread
                  Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

This was very helpful and makes a noob feel a little less dumb

Comment

Oh BTW being called a junior member is an absolute delight after reaching the ripe old age of 47

Comment

Subscribed to this post KJ2020, truly amazed at your GMT knowledge here. I think I have the GMT sickness, 2 separate models on their way to me....and so it begins.

Comment

Fantastic information and post! Thank you very much for spending the time to write up about the various different movements. I have learnt a lot and also now bit more knowledgeable but also now curious/tad confuse about the various descriptions on the TD sites.

Q1: Being that there seemingly is a new SA3285 CHS (V3) released from GMF for their Rolex GMT models, what base movement is this out of?

Q2: And is it as reliable as the (ARF)SH3135 or (VRF)VR3185 or (GMF)A3186? Any idea anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolex View Post
                            Fantastic information and post! Thank you very much for spending the time to write up about the various different movements. I have learnt a lot and also now bit more knowledgeable but also now curious/tad confuse about the various descriptions on the TD sites.

Q1: Being that there seemingly is a new SA3285 CHS (V3) released from GMF for their Rolex GMT models, what base movement is this out of?

Q2: And is it as reliable as the (ARF)SH3135 or (VRF)VR3185 or (GMF)A3186? Any idea anyone?
                            GMF SA3285 (and GMF SA3186) are based on SA3135

GMF released true clone 3285

For either 3135 or 3185/6 movements (which just add GMT bits to the base),

VR>SH>SA
                            Last edited by KJ2020; 23-10-20, 14:27.
                            GMT Movements Explained
                            The Fantasy Watch Thread
                            Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

VR>SH>SA

this is the chronological order on the development of these. new clone movements of the originals?

Comment

Very useful thread. Thanks.
                                My collection:

Breguet Type XX Aero-Trans | Rolex Sea Dweller Comex 4000 | PAM 359 | Omega Speedy 21J |
                                Breitling Navi B01 | Rolex DD40 Plat/Ice Blue

GENS: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch | Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro | Bulova Super Seville

Comment

Working...
                                X