• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
20191231-000739.jpg

the gen is deeper green we all know that.and the rep insert needs improvements we all know that.there has never been a hulk insert identical to gen.but for me personally I prefer the shade of green on these zzf over the shade on the arf and noob.just my opinion.

Here is a gen pic for reference slight colour differences sure there is but I'm not too bothered as the colour differences are not that apparent again my opinion. Others may think the zzf insert looks like shit lol.but I like it and clean are working on improving it so they say

For the sub c fans that need perfection maybe should chose the ln .as you cant go wrong with black.but if you love the hulk then I would say go for it
I'll do the review soon and I'll be praising it mostly as I'm quite impressed.alot more than I was when I grabbed a v10 hulk and ln on release.i was disappointed and didnt waste my time reviewing them.same goes with the arf v3 didnt bother wasting my time on that

Last edited:
Reactions: sniffti and leo6929

PoptheC

18/5/13
I think you have got a gen insert there ;) none of other photos are able to show such green.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I think you have got a gen insert there ;) none of other photos are able to show such green.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Ha ha you know this is a gen hulk right ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
how do you think it compares to the VRF VR3135 insert with a spongebob mod
ignore that pic guys sorry didnt mean to get your Hope's up.but I just noticed in my phone there are 2 pics the original and this screen shot.the original pic the insert is lighter
This looks like there is some kind of filter on the photo making the green look nicer.but I still like the insert
but it's not as deep as this pic.

Bigcity777

31/7/19
US / Closing deals
how do you think it compares to the VRF VR3135 insert with a spongebob mod
ignore that pic guys sorry didnt mean to get your Hope's up.but I just noticed in my phone there are 2 pics the original and this screen shot.the original pic the insert is lighter
This looks like there is some kind of filter on the photo making the green look nicer.but I still like the insert
but it's not as deep as this pic.

I figured something was off because the color of the insert in the photo is AMAZING to my eyes and I know it's the ZZF in that pic by the X mishap on the dial .. if you never pointed out the misprint on the X I never would have noticed it. Since I got my clean factory hulk dial from LI last week and that never caught my eye.. the dial is beautiful as it is any way especially the markers . Hopefully one of these days one of the factory's will nail that green color on the insert. I'm happy with my VRF hulk insert with the spongebob mod for what it is and as you know in certain light its pretty spot on and the spongebob mod takes it to the next level

:drinks_cheers:

Last edited:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
found the issue when I take screen shots my phone is adding something called auto filter .I've turned it off now.but here is a screen shot I took just now .again it has the auto filter look.i hate phones that add filter to pics without your permission
20191231-010510.jpg

Last edited:

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Yea that’s the tricky part, most phone image processing “cook” the files and saturate the colors.

I’m hoping to get some raw dslr images with custom white balance to try and remove some of the variance.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yea that’s the tricky part, most phone image processing “cook” the files and saturate the colors.

I’m hoping to get some raw dslr images with custom white balance to try and remove some of the variance.

Yeah please do
it's not an issue with taking pics of the ln obviously

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

No, its not this. The problem is most brighter, intense greens simply cannot be captured by camera sensors / or shown in srgb. It doesn’t matter if its a phone or Hassleblad taking the picture - you’ll get the same problems.

Just look at how much visible green you cant see in a photograph.

FED8-DAEE-B53-E-41-AD-8186-B347-FD2-DE09-A.png

All that colour outside the srgb triangle will be crushed to fit inside it on a photograph. Thats why a even a Noob V7 Hulk looks the same as a gen if they are shot side by side, when in real life they look totally different.

Sorry to derail. Its just important that folks realise that a photograph of this one will always be misleading. So lets wait for some side by side trusted opinions.

Edit - just to add, its not just the colour either - the gen bezel can take on quite a metallic shimmer in bright light - its not a flat colour.

Last edited:

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
muiramas , thank you for this information. this illustrates and visually explains the phrase we often hear at RWI: "it's much better live", "much better in person," etc.

shortlegs

31/5/19
No, its not this. The problem is most brighter, intense greens simply cannot be captured by camera sensors / or shown in srgb. It doesn’t matter if its a phone or Hassleblad taking the picture - you’ll get the same problems.

Just look at how much visible green you cant see in a photograph.
photographs, it means that photo
FED8-DAEE-B53-E-41-AD-8186-B347-FD2-DE09-A.png

All that colour outside the srgb triangle will be crushed to fit inside it on a photograph. Thats why a even a Noob V7 Hulk looks the same as a gen if they are shot side by side, when in real life they look totally different.

Sorry to derail. Its just important that folks realise that a photograph of this one will always be misleading. So lets wait for some side by side trusted opinions.

Edit - just to add, its not just the colour either - the gen bezel can take on quite a metallic shimmer in bright light - its not a flat colour.

Thanks for the info!

Unfortunately, through extrapolation, does this also mean that if the color is already off on photos, then it is certainly even more off in real life?

VaderTime

9/10/17
I just received my ZZF Hulk today, overall it's a great rep!

I've noticed that the Gen hour hand Mercedes star is thinner than ZZF, but the lume is great!

Left is V9 with Gen hands, Right is ZZF

Ut8jP.jpg

UtnuJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929 and KJ2020

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
VaderTime
​​​​​​More pics on the gen hands vs v9 and gen hands vs zzf please. Im still deciding on which markers or dial to install. Need the closest color of the white lume to gen hands :)